What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ARLC still 'Sydney-centric'

flamin

Juniors
The problem is the ARLC hired a rugby union f**kwit who is intent on softening our game up and basically knows f**k all about League.
1) Has zero to do with the article which is about the strategic plan that was released months before he was even selected.

2) Isn't true since the shoulder charge rule was brought in before he arrived; quite certain punches have always been illegal in the game.

betcats

Referee
I dont think they are rubbish, the commission is a good thing, they are just making some rubbish decisions imo like the shoulder charge ban, one punch rule, even the hiring of someone who loves our biggest rival sport and knows nothing about our sport as the CEO is questionable.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The plan that article refers to was for 2017. So 2014-15 should be when we start to get concerned if they are rubbish

The plan does have some annual kpi improvements so I guess we could judge their performance on these at end of season?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
f**k some of you lot can whinge. How about you ladies take your knitting and f**k your CWA meeting elsewhere

franklin2323

Immortal
News ltd agenda aside the honeymoon period for the commission is over and fans want to see some tangible initiatives to get us heading towards meeting the strategic goals. The game is rolling in money, has more office human resources being paid more salaries than ever before. They were quick enough to dish out hand outs to clubs and raise the grants, now lets see some action that benefits fans and grass roots.

The 5 year plan is quickly becoming a 4 year plan.

End date is still 2017. Anything big change there's always a year wasted in hiring and firing etc. Would you rather they didn't release any strategic plan?

Lets assume you change jobs sign a 3 year deal as a manager. To get the job you give the board a list of plans. 6 months in how far would you be into it? The 1st few months is learning the job. Then you start making the changes. It's not until 1 year or so late until results start happening.

Shoulder charge and no punching were meant to kill the game. Yet SOO sold out all 3 games. Rated very well. Despite having useless timeslots, 4 of the best crowd and ratings pullers playing rubbish, ASADA thing drag on. Crowds will be in the top 5 all time.

The facts say otherwise. Bitter old men say the games going decent enough..For now anyway

franklin2323

Immortal
The plan does have some annual kpi improvements so I guess we could judge their performance on these at end of season?

Yeah.

Sydney the 'weak link' has had:

2 Origin sellouts
1 50k crowd
1 40k crowd
1 30k crowd
6/8 top 8 on the ladder

As a sport.
We fixed the Origin eligibity farce,
Have national Coverage on Channel 9 all at the same time
Memberships up.

All of this with a non RL background CEO starting in March and Greenburg not even started yet.

So bitter old men with their agenda's can p!ss off facts prove them wrong.

Perth Red

Post Whore
End date is still 2017. Anything big change there's always a year wasted in hiring and firing etc. Would you rather they didn't release any strategic plan?

Lets assume you change jobs sign a 3 year deal as a manager. To get the job you give the board a list of plans. 6 months in how far would you be into it? The 1st few months is learning the job. Then you start making the changes. It's not until 1 year or so late until results start happening.

Shoulder charge and no punching were meant to kill the game. Yet SOO sold out all 3 games. Rated very well. Despite having useless timeslots, 4 of the best crowd and ratings pullers playing rubbish, ASADA thing drag on. Crowds will be in the top 5 all time.

The facts say otherwise. Bitter old men say the games going decent enough..For now anyway

Nope I applauded the release of a much needed and long overdue strategic plan and still do.we are coming up to nine months since the plans release, some things have happened, much has not. I am of the opinion that grass roots is being largely ignored so far and think there could have been some good initiatives launched by now if they were motivated to do so. They moved quickly to hand out $8mill to NRL clubs and up the nrl grant considerably. The ARL has to be there for the good of the who.e game, lets some exciting stuff happening to get those participation and jnr rates up. Surprised anyone would argue against action in this much needed area.

magic

Juniors
Qld - code for Brisbane - had a hissy fit not long after they entered the competition ,saying that Sydney was too controlling. We then ended up with Super League.

If we went down the same whingeing path again we end up with no game to support. I see John Ribot's hand all over the Courier Mail article.

No thank you!

franklin2323

Immortal
Nope I applauded the release of a much needed and long overdue strategic plan and still do.we are coming up to nine months since the plans release, some things have happened, much has not. I am of the opinion that grass roots is being largely ignored so far and think there could have been some good initiatives launched by now if they were motivated to do so. They moved quickly to hand out $8mill to NRL clubs and up the nrl grant considerably. The ARL has to be there for the good of the who.e game, lets some exciting stuff happening to get those participation and jnr rates up. Surprised anyone would argue against action in this much needed area.

From here:

http://www.rloc.com.au/default.aspx...eague-ambassadors-to-visit-the-pilbara-region.

In 2013 participation numbers in the Western Australia Pilbara region are already on the rise with the West Australian Rugby League (WARL) confident of seeing a solid increase in players across all ages.

The popularity of the game in the region has also seen the appointment of the Pilbara?s first full-time Game Development and Competition Coordinator Mr Chris Newman based in Karratha.

So we have an area that is getting a new development officer. Yeah they aren't doing anything :lol:

Perth Red

Post Whore
From here:

http://www.rloc.com.au/default.aspx...eague-ambassadors-to-visit-the-pilbara-region.

In 2013 participation numbers in the Western Australia Pilbara region are already on the rise with the West Australian Rugby League (WARL) confident of seeing a solid increase in players across all ages.

The popularity of the game in the region has also seen the appointment of the Pilbara?s first full-time Game Development and Competition Coordinator Mr Chris Newman based in Karratha.

So we have an area that is getting a new development officer. Yeah they aren't doing anything :lol:

If you go back you will see somewhere that I had already mentioned this as the only tangible outcome I had seen in WA since the release of the strategic plan. But good to see you trying.

franklin2323

Immortal
If you go back you will see somewhere that I had already mentioned this as the only tangible outcome I had seen in WA since the release of the strategic plan. But good to see you trying.

Yeah they can't instantly do the whole country. It's a start which if the junior numbers increase the game has grown in a developing state.

It comes back to the OP. What made them go there? Consultation with the WARL? Or bringing all the development officers under 1 banner? Either way its not Sydney-centric

Perth Red

Post Whore
My comments have never mentioned Sydney centric. I have mentioned lack of consultation in the setting of the strategic plan and lack of action to meet the kpi's, particularly in terms of growing attendances, memberships and grassroots.

Again things they have done:
Brought development officers under a national management
Given clubs $8mill bailout cash
Up'd the clubs grants and salary cap
Supported the tonga v Samoa test
Funded a development officer for the Pilbara

You may consider this adequate activity for nine months work?

franklin2323

Immortal
You didnt call them Sydney centric the article did which is wrong. I listed other things they have done. I don't think much will change until after the season. By that stage even Greenberg has his team in place. Given you are from a neglected state. Has much gone down since last season? I was looking into stuff over there after the game last week. I couldn't find anything dropping. At this early stage thats what you want.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You didnt call them Sydney centric the article did which is wrong. I listed other things they have done. I don't think much will change until after the season. By that stage even Greenberg has his team in place. Given you are from a neglected state. Has much gone down since last season? I was looking into stuff over there after the game last week. I couldn't find anything dropping. At this early stage thats what you want.

No and this is probably a big part of my frustration. The time is ripe to make a massive stride forward for RL here but we need help. Registrations in WA have gone up 15% this year in WA but that is inspite of rather than because of the ARL. Example: We have had a new jnr club start up in mandurah this year and hearing the challenges they have faced to get up and running is very frustrating. If it wasn't for a couple of dedicated individuals and parents digging deep in their own pockets they would have folded before they could start. As it is they are up and running and fielding teams from u6 to u15 already. A$20k start up grant from the ARL plus a national insurance scheme and equipment would have made a world of difference. The warl needs more funding to help the start up of new clubs, increase our high school program and grow the game. The time is now in WA not in 3 or 4 years.