What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Around the Grounds

Yosh

Coach
Gagai has been brilliant all year but it sux so hard he had to drop that. He holds it, we win and I reckon we could have beaten the Sharks tonight. Ponga ain't dropping those kicks. I hate Ramien damn....

Rod

Bench
Maybe Trindall is the half we should be targeting.
He's an excellent player. If he hadn't been a dope off the field in the middle of the season he would have been one of the best halves in the comp this year.

Zoidberg

First Grade
It’s probably just a bit of jealousy but, out of the 4 teams left this year, those teams have, between them, won the premiership the last 8 years and 10 of the last 12. It gets a bit boring in the last few weeks of the finals.

Knight Tales

Bench
It’s probably just a bit of jealousy but, out of the 4 teams left this year, those teams have, between them, won the premiership the last 8 years and 10 of the last 12. It gets a bit boring in the last few weeks of the finals.
And that is why a draft is required. With time it would work. But it will never happen. Monopoly is the NRL’s obsession.

Woody90

Juniors

Yeah, and unless something bizarre happens, it’s going to be a Penrith/Strom GF which is completely deserved but dull as dishwater.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Yeah, and unless something bizarre happens, it’s going to be a Penrith/Strom GF which is completely deserved but dull as dishwater.
I (and I’m sure many others) called that GF before the halfway point of the year. Very predictable (if it happens).

Nuke

Staff member
Melbourne
Penrith
Roosters
Cronulla

One of those four are going to win a premiership in 2 weeks. That's it. There's nobody else.

The lesser of those evils would be Cronulla in my eyes, but geez...

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I’d prefer Penrith to win of those 4. At least it would be deserved given how elite they are as an organisation. Also I feel like Luai & JFH are huge losses for them next year and I’m not sure how long they can go on losing key players and still win the comp every year. This might be their last proper shot for a few years until they can rebuild. Not saying they’ll fall off a cliff next year but I think losing those two might mean they have a hard time getting to a GF.

But hey people have been saying that about the Storm for a decade now and they keep popping up in the top 4 every year and giving themselves a chance, so maybe Penrith can do the same.

But yeah, having 3 teams dominate the game over the last decade isn’t that much fun tbh.

Probably the last time the NRL felt like a really even comp was from 2014-2016 where Souths won for the first time in decades followed by Cowboys and Sharks each winning their first comp.

Then it went into this cycle of:
2017 Storm
2018 Roosters
2019 Roosters
2020 Storm
2021 Panthers
2022 Panthers
2023 Panthers

yawn…

aqua_duck

Coach
Watching QLD cup grand final and Tesi Niu is carving up, off contract for next season would he be worth a modest contract? Didn’t realise he’s still only 23 years old

Watching QLD cup grand final and Tesi Niu is carving up, off contract for next season would he be worth a modest contract? Didn’t realise he’s still only 23 years old
No thanks

Yes he carved up but the Qcup is probably at its lowest ebb in quite awhile in terms of quality. Plus Niu has had quite a few chances in FG over the years and never shown to be consistent enough

Woody90

Juniors
Plus I don’t want to have to live through the Nicho Hynes worship from certain sections of the media of Cronulla win.
Trindall had the best game of his life the other night whilst Hynes was a solid contributor at best and the media make out that Nicho had was the saviour

Sharks are probably at the bottom of my list to win it simply because of how annoying Gallen is. Thankfully it’s very unlikely to happen.

As boring as a Penrith/Storm GF would be I can’t begrudge either club success and they definitely deserve it the most).

I don’t really like what the Roosters stand for as a club so would prefer them not to win it. Penrith and Storm have shown you can become a successful club by investing in juniors or turning around other players in the Storms case without picking the eyes out of other clubs.