What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Around the Grounds

Jono078

Referee
I wonder if we avoid the wooden spoon by 2 points to the Tigers. The 2 points they should’ve got against the Cowboys.
The spoon whilst unlikely, still is not out of question.

Knights: Raiders (H), Titans (A) & Sharks (H)
Titans: Dragons (A), Knights (H) and Warriors (A)
Tigers: Roosters (A), Dragons (H), Raiders (H)

Now there's a good chance I'd say we lose all 3 of our remaining games.

I've say there's a good chance the Titans pick up AT LEAST 1 win.

If the Tigers then jag 2 wins, we all of a sudden have our 5th spoon.

Nuke

Staff member
I only got to watch the 2nd half of today's Gold Coast vs Manly game, but just on that alone, how are the Titans in last place (which is where they started today) compared to us?!
It frustrates me no end watching, quite literally, EVERY other team look like an NRL standard footy team, what with set plays, attacking moves, and dynamic players, ect, and we plod up the field with just straight-out hit-ups before a simple kick to an opposition player (if we don't knock the ball on first). Yes, okay, teams like Titans, Wests, Dogs, ect, can be sub-standard more often than not. Sure. But they are at least competitive most weeks and give their fans hope occasionally. Apart from Round 1 vs Roosters and that home game vs Gold Coast several weeks ago, there's barely been a glimmer of excitement / hope from the Knights.

Seriously, what is there to look forward to for us Knights supporters ... apart from the off-season!

Bdubs

Juniors
I only got to watch the 2nd half of today's Gold Coast vs Manly game, but just on that alone, how are the Titans in last place (which is where they started today) compared to us?!
It frustrates me no end watching, quite literally, EVERY other team look like an NRL standard footy team, what with set plays, attacking moves, and dynamic players, ect, and we plod up the field with just straight-out hit-ups before a simple kick to an opposition player (if we don't knock the ball on first). Yes, okay, teams like Titans, Wests, Dogs, ect, can be sub-standard more often than not. Sure. But they are at least competitive most weeks and give their fans hope occasionally. Apart from Round 1 vs Roosters and that home game vs Gold Coast several weeks ago, there's barely been a glimmer of excitement / hope from the Knights.

Seriously, what is there to look forward to for us Knights supporters ... apart from the off-season!
100% agree

Yosh

Coach

Our terrible F/A doesn't help either.. But

Frederick

Staff member
James Tamou got binned then sent off for mouthing off at Cummins. Called him "f**king incompetent", then as he was walking away he turned back and looked like he was gonna murder him

Genuinely the most entertaining part of that game

Nuke

Staff member
Looking at the blowout scorelines this weekend so far (except for Thursday's Souths-Penrith game), should we expect something similar tomorrow? Here's hoping for a Knights-by-50 kinda scoreline, but it's in Newcastle in 2022, so it's more likely to be Raiders by 40 unfortunately.

Apey

Staff member
Looking at the blowout scorelines this weekend so far (except for Thursday's Souths-Penrith game), should we expect something similar tomorrow? Here's hoping for a Knights-by-50 kinda scoreline, but it's in Newcastle in 2022, so it's more likely to be Raiders by 40 unfortunately.
Raiders dont really thrash teams and often play to our level. I expect our game will be one of the closer ones this round.

Yosh

Coach
The Tigers F/A is worse than ours now. Might change if the Raiders pwn us but looks like we will avoid the spoon this year at least.

Jono078

Referee
The Tigers F/A is worse than ours now. Might change if the Raiders pwn us but looks like we will avoid the spoon this year at least.
Sounds nice but man if I read this before the season started, I'd be utterly disgusted.

Apey

Staff member
I mean WE beat the Tigers twice so its pretty hard to argue they dont deserve it. We deserve 13th - 14th. Titans are garbage too, Warriors are "lucky" they got to go home this year where they play much better.

Knight Tales

Juniors

Tigers somehow pulled off two all time efforts back to back in Qld and now produced what they did against the Roosters. While it is possible I do not see them winning another game. They reset the bar for their best game versus their worst game. An immeasurable gulf that actually makes us look half competent.

Jono078

Referee
It's looking like the Tigers will win today and this adds extra meaning to our game because all of a sudden IF we lose, there's a chance we could still end up with the spoon by the end of next week. Not to mention it gives the Titans added incentive to get off the bottom of the ladder.

Live ladder looks as follows:

1661662330234.png

Latest posts