What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Around the Grounds

Apey

Staff member
Horrific was the Warriors against the Roosters.

That effort was absolutely horrendous.

Inexcusable. Dumb. Pathetic.

Very Knights like.
You have very strange takes sometimes. Warriors weren't bad at all.

Spot On

Coach
You have very strange takes sometimes. Warriors weren't bad at all.
Not at all Apey, but would love you to expand on that comment if you have any examples other than your take on the Warriors performance yesterday.

The Warriors could have won that game 10 times over in the second half but fluffed it again and again and again. Dylan Walker was at his absolute worst and should have been hooked.

A game the Warriors threw away no doubt through sheer lack of footy smarts and skill.

The Roosters looked like a reserve grade side yesterday.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
We look by far the worst team in the NRL. I can't see us not winning the spoon this season. Look at the Doggies actually attacking with the ball. They've thrown more at the Storm in 25 minutes than I've seen us throw in 3 seasons under AOB.

It’s called ball movement apparently.

Knights fans would not have seen that before so it needs to be explained to us.

A foreign concept in the Newcastle area.

Also helps the side when edge backrowers pound blokes into the ground in defence and run over blokes in attack. But we have two blokes starting on our edges that wouldn’t get a start on the bench for most sides in this comp.

Parramatta missed decent backrowers in their loss this week. Dorry and Cartwright provided zilch.

Willie Ray

Bench
We look by far the worst team in the NRL. I can't see us not winning the spoon this season. Look at the Doggies actually attacking with the ball. They've thrown more at the Storm in 25 minutes than I've seen us throw in 3 seasons under AOB.
Yep,the Dolphins have beaten the Roosters and the Raiders,the Dogs just towelled up the Storm
and we're left discussing the merits of Crossland,Gamble,Mann and Johns,
there really is no hope for us.

Frederick

Staff member
Shout out to Jacob Kiraz for his performance last night.
I dared to make a comment on twitter last night about how the AOB and the Knights let him walk on favour of keeping Brayden Musgrove on the books. It certainly ruffled some of the natives feathers. Something about "he was homesick" "can't keep them all" blah blah blah anything to defend the coach and the club

Jono078

Referee
I dared to make a comment on twitter last night about how the AOB and the Knights let him walk on favour of keeping Brayden Musgrove on the books. It certainly ruffled some of the natives feathers. Something about "he was homesick" "can't keep them all" blah blah blah anything to defend the coach and the club
AOB plays his favorites and doesn’t hand out opportunities. He has this thing about earning your jersey but once you get it it’s fine to play like shit and retain it. Kiraz is twice the player Tuala is already. Strong runs and offloads. The man creates things on his own.

mozza91

Coach
It’s an indictment on us either way but Kiraz was bog average in the lower grades for us. Can’t believe how much he’s kicked on.

Jono078

Referee
Live NRL ladder has us positioned like this:

Storm
Knights
Raiders
Eels

If you told me in the pre-season that we'd be hanging around some of those teams after round 3 I would have been quite happy lol.

Jono078

Referee
He looks like he belongs in first grade.. Definitely one of the better debut halve games I've seen in a few years at least.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Things may have been different but it feels like such a bullet dodged getting Hastings instead of Brookes.