What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Around the Grounds

Zoidberg

First Grade
I remember that. I have a feeling that was against the Cowboys one year in the early 2000's.
I remember watching it. It was against the Cowboys in NQ, 48-0 at half time and then we got to 60-0 early in the 2nd half and took Joey off. Game ended 60-24 proving we had nothing without Joey on the field.

aqua_duck

Coach
Best has been decent but I thought Tago would’ve got the nod after his single handed destruction of the storm. I just hope this gives Best the confidence to go to the next level and it’s not just another Mullen one game wonder

perverse

Referee
Best has been decent but I thought Tago would’ve got the nod after his single handed destruction of the storm. I just hope this gives Best the confidence to go to the next level and it’s not just another Mullen one game wonder
It does feel a little early for him still. He's putting his first real season of first grade together this year. Hoping it goes well. NSW doesn't typically crucify centres in the same way they do halves. Bradmans biggest hurdle in the coming years is probably that our coaches want to cram 11 fullbacks into the team.

At 21 years of age... he could still learn his craft for a couple of years in first grade and then have a 10 year origin career afterwards. It's been one of the few treats for us watching him really come along this year. He's back to having the world at his feet if he keeps applying himself. I think the best thing that can come from this origin berth is that it should encourage him to keep the fire burning.

Woody90

Juniors
I think Best might do a little better than people think. He plays for a club team thats usually struggling and playing against momentum so I don’t think being in a shit and poorly coached NSW team will phase him as much as it has players like the Penrith players that are used to being in a good system.

And hey, if he’s terrible and never gets picked again that’s good for us. I don’t think it would effect him mentally like it did Mullo. The pressure put on him as a 20 year old to lead the team and then calls for his head were disgusting.

I think Best might do a little better than people think. He plays for a club team thats usually struggling and playing against momentum so I don’t think being in a shit and poorly coached NSW team will phase him as much as it has players like the Penrith players that are used to being in a good system.

And hey, if he’s terrible and never gets picked again that’s good for us. I don’t think it would effect him mentally like it did Mullo. The pressure put on him as a 20 year old to lead the team and then calls for his head were disgusting.
Going to need to work on giving Best good ball and not using him as a battering ram.

Woody90

Juniors
Honestly who gives a shit? I’m sure everyone is really going to miss the ground breaking and awe inspiring interviews the players give on game day (“full credit to the boys”).

Woody90

Juniors
Going to need to work on giving Best good ball and not using him as a battering ram.

I think Cody Walker playing will be in his favour over a Cleary/Luai structured play. He does really well supporting Ponga who plays quite similar to Walker.

He’s certainly pissed off a lot of people with his comments about hating QLD lol. He’ll definitely cop it from all angles if he has a shocker…luckily he’s probably not smart enough for it to weigh on him though.

Latest posts