What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Around the Grounds

Woody90

Juniors
Yeah, Best wouldn’t have been my first choice centre for NSW, but he wasn’t for the selectors either, quite a few needed to go down injured before he got a shot. Most of his stats this year have also been better than Chrichton’s (whose selection has caused no fuss), so I don’t think Best’s selection would raise as many eyebrows if he was playing for a top side this year rather than us.

Either way whether he’s the right choice or not, it’s not his fault he was selected and the crap he’s already copping will definitely be compounded if he has a shocker so hopefully he kills it.

Knight Tales

Bench
Bradman will benefit from this SOO camp in so many ways. His performance will be fine. What it should do is bring out his inner beast. But once again I want to hand it to Freddy for making our salary cap that little bit more pressurised. He picks the two guys we allegedly were shopping. Peak Knights.

Burwood

Bench
If the knights really were shopping around those players, it’s good for our salary cap to have them playing origin.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Bradman will benefit from this SOO camp in so many ways. His performance will be fine. What it should do is bring out his inner beast. But once again I want to hand it to Freddy for making our salary cap that little bit more pressurised. He picks the two guys we allegedly were shopping. Peak Knights.
2 guys who are probably overpaid already in our eyes and now will expect more money next contract due to being Origin reps.

Jono078

Referee
2 guys who are probably overpaid already in our eyes and now will expect more money next contract due to being Origin reps.
Exactly this.

Bradman probably already on close to rep money and now he'll come back and be like I AM a rep player and expect it to be reflected in a pay increase.

Yosh

Coach
The more I think about it, the better I think Best will do. Best always plays a power game and it might suit Origin a lot better than Crighton at least. Best will carry the ball out well from our half and Walker should put him in some gaps. Best will probably knock on putting the ball down for a try at least once but don't think he will let down the state.

aqua_duck

Coach
The more I think about it, the better I think Best will do. Best always plays a power game and it might suit Origin a lot better than Crighton at least. Best will carry the ball out well from our half and Walker should put him in some gaps. Best will probably knock on putting the ball down for a try at least once but don't think he will let down the state.
I think with the bench Freddy has selected Best will need to play like an extra forward so I’d expect at least 10-12 strong carries in yardage

perverse

Referee
Looking on nrl.com, seems he ended up starting at Lock and put up some great numbers there. Dunno how that played out on the field.

Apey

Staff member
Can't seem to link the actual post for whatever reason, but we're getting two new large screens at the stadium before the 2024 season. About time.

Latest posts