What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Around the Grounds

Apey

Staff member
I did the ladder predictor and think we could finish 6th without outrageous results; the most outrageous being us only losing one more game (Souths).

Sharks are surely done though. I think Cowboys will still make it.

Frederick

Staff member
I did the ladder predictor and think we could finish 6th without outrageous results; the most outrageous being us only losing one more game (Souths).

Sharks are surely done though. I think Cowboys will still make it.
I did it with the outrageous results and we finished 3rd

Bring on the chaos
chiquichico.gif

Zoidberg

First Grade
I don’t want to think too far ahead or be over confident, but, surely we win at least 4 out of our last 5 (if we keep playing they way we have been) and make the finals pretty comfortably.

Apey

Staff member
I don’t want to think too far ahead or be over confident, but, surely we win at least 4 out of our last 5 (if we keep playing they way we have been) and make the finals pretty comfortably.
We're favourites with the bookies for the last spot. I don't like that.

Rod

Bench
So IMO this round we're rooting for:

Roosters over Sea Eagles - since Roosters are 3 points back and Manly are level

Warriors over Titans - this one doesn't matter too much. Almost impossible for us to catch the Warriors with their run home, so might as well end the Titans season.

Storm over Panthers - you could argue this one either way. You almost want the Panthers to drop one so they're fired up and still trying to win the minor premiership when they play the likes of the Eels and Cowboys later.

Broncos over Cowboys - fairly obvious

Rabbitohs over Sharks - toss a coin. We play both, but we're probably more likely overall to pass the Sharks.

Dragons over Eels - obvious

Tigers over Raiders - obvious

ryan.a87

Juniors
So IMO this round we're rooting for:

Roosters over Sea Eagles - since Roosters are 3 points back and Manly are level

Warriors over Titans - this one doesn't matter too much. Almost impossible for us to catch the Warriors with their run home, so might as well end the Titans season.

Storm over Panthers - you could argue this one either way. You almost want the Panthers to drop one so they're fired up and still trying to win the minor premiership when they play the likes of the Eels and Cowboys later.

Broncos over Cowboys - fairly obvious

Rabbitohs over Sharks - toss a coin. We play both, but we're probably more likely overall to pass the Sharks.

Dragons over Eels - obvious

Tigers over Raiders - obvious
Who we rooting for in dolphins v knights?

perverse

Referee
Just keep winning and none of it matters. Destiny still very much in our own hands. If we need to worry about other results then the finals are a meaningless milestone anyway. In fact, limping into the finals on the back of other results is the worst case scenario really. Gives the coach job security when it's largely undeserved.

If we storm into the finals in good form (which we need to to win all but 1 of our remaining games and guarentee our own spot on our own merit), then the case for the coaches job security is actually warrented and we're heading in a good direction.

I'm really not paying attention to the ladder or the maths of it. If we're doing those maths, then it's not good enough regardless.

perverse

Referee
And yet still beat us
Exactly. It's amazing what a month of good form can erase in the memory. It's been a haggard year until recently. A lot depends on how we fare on this run to the finals. The next 5 games absolutely define our season. It's an opportunity they've all earned, but I just wish we didn't have to take the hard road.