What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Around the Grounds

Jono078

Referee
What is honestly going on with these players we should have? Do they identify us as a club that would be cancerous to the NRL hopes and dreams or are we not identifying the good ones? Maybe a combination of both, but bloody hell I hope we have something good come through soon.

The years where Aku, McManus and Paterson all debuted, you just knew instantly what they offered our team and how much they enhanced us and would do so for years on end.

These days we get a junior play an odd game here and there and hope they don't f**k up.

Spot On

Coach
Just on the under 19s game, 2 of the NSW players in Ethan Strange and Jake Clydsdale play for the raiders but really should be in our junior ranks.
Strange is a central coast kid whose sister Jasmine will be turning out for our NRL side this year. Clydsdale is from Scone, brother of ex knights and raiders hooker Adam and brother in law of knights NRLW player Yasmine.

Ethan Strange looks an outstanding player. Could not be more impressed.

aqua_duck

Coach
What is honestly going on with these players we should have? Do they identify us as a club that would be cancerous to the NRL hopes and dreams or are we not identifying the good ones? Maybe a combination of both, but bloody hell I hope we have something good come through soon.

The years where Aku, McManus and Paterson all debuted, you just knew instantly what they offered our team and how much they enhanced us and would do so for years on end.

These days we get a junior play an odd game here and there and hope they don't f**k up.
I’m not sure what the story is with Clydsdale but Strange was previously signed to the roosters where his old man is the NRLW coach, both he and his sister left the roosters at the end of last year (despite his dad still being at the roosters) and his sister signed with us and for some reason he ended up in Canberra.
I kind of can accept us losing guys to the roosters given their glamour club reputation and eastern suburbs lifestyle but f**k me it’s baffling when teenagers and guys in their early 20s are swapping the beautiful beaches in Newie to move to the most boring and coldest city in the southern hemisphere

Old dog

Bench
Your remarks were good but boring and coldest city in southern hemisphere, surely places like Canberra and Melbourne are colder and hemisphere has to include South American countries.
Realistically you are 19-22 years of age, getting paid big money, $250k+ , bright lights, Girls, Clubs, Lifestyle, chance of a premiership, what are you going to choose

aqua_duck

Coach
Your remarks were good but boring and coldest city in southern hemisphere, surely places like Canberra and Melbourne are colder and hemisphere has to include South American countries.
Realistically you are 19-22 years of age, getting paid big money, $250k+ , bright lights, Girls, Clubs, Lifestyle, chance of a premiership, what are you going to choose
I think you misunderstood what I wrote, I was questioning why any young person would want to move to Canberra.

Jono078

Referee
I'd love to see highlights if someone has footage of it?

I'm so mad Dom is leaving and not here to welcome his mates - we could have been the 2018/19 Raiders with our exciting Poms leading the way. We could have been building something here. Dom isn't leading the NRL try scoring list by chance, he has god gifted ability to make things happen.

perverse

Referee
I'd love to see highlights if someone has footage of it?

I'm so mad Dom is leaving and not here to welcome his mates - we could have been the 2018/19 Raiders with our exciting Poms leading the way. We could have been building something here. Dom isn't leading the NRL try scoring list by chance, he has god gifted ability to make things happen.
I wouldn't bother with the highlights. Just watched them and he's not in them, lol. Must have been a truly stellar performance. Bevan French is certainly tearing that competition to shreds though.

Woody90

Juniors
Roosters are bottom 4 this year and Storm took forever to truly get ahead of them.

They'll beat us sure but we've had several harder games this year honestly.

The Roosters beat us though.

Would have been a lot worse for us though if Storm had have lost as they don’t often lose 2 in a row.

Young’s gonna go from leading NRL try scorer to probably struggling for points next year. Can’t see any of Roosters signings fixing their problems. They’ll somehow buy a whole new side for 2025 though and be up the top again.

Yosh

Coach
I don't see us getting blown off the park. It'll be us losing by 8 but being in the fight for 70 minutes before folding. I wouldn't be surprised if we are up with 15 minutes to go and then let them roll over us.

Jono078

Referee
Despite the Storm's record this year, they haven't been particularly impressive.

They are absolutely there for the taking if the team decides to turn up and help Ponga do his thing.

Harry Grant might make a fool of the Saifitis though.

mozza91

Coach
Us? Have a crack for 80 minutes?
The only crack is the stuff you must be smoking :p
I don’t think they give up very often. They shit the bed regularly and do stupid things though.

Melbourne are obviously a better side than us but I give us a chance against them at home. They’re not as good as they once were.

Last edited:

Latest posts