What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Around the Grounds

Yosh

Coach
Did the Doggies sign our recruitment officer from a few years back. How come they signing all the available hardworking yet talentless utilities on the market?

ryan.a87

Juniors
Thoughts on Tigers signing Luai?

Over the last 2 years they release Hastings and Brookes….then spend overs on a half who is mid at best

Woody90

Juniors
Thoughts on Tigers signing Luai?

Over the last 2 years they release Hastings and Brookes….then spend overs on a half who is mid at best

Meh. He’s not as bad as most make out but he’s also unlikely to be what they need to make a significant difference. Good on them though for attracting an established half from a premiership team. We know more than anyone how difficult that is when you’re down the bottom.

To be honest I was hoping Cleary would go to the Tigers. I know it would never happen but showing he can dominate out of a good system is the one thing that Im not that convinced of about him yet when you compare him to the likes of Johns.

mozza91

Coach
Meh. He’s not as bad as most make out but he’s also unlikely to be what they need to make a significant difference. Good on them though for attracting an established half from a premiership team. We know more than anyone how difficult that is when you’re down the bottom.

To be honest I was hoping Cleary would go to the Tigers. I know it would never happen but showing he can dominate out of a good system is the one thing that Im not that convinced of about him yet when you compare him to the likes of Johns.
His inept performances at Rep level also indicate he’s several tiers below Joey too.

The bloke's a grub but he's definitely talented. I think he's more than enough to get the Tigers back up around the 8.

Apparently they may have now signed Justin Olam for this season too

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
They’re paying for Batman but getting Robin. Luai is a good player but let’s see if he can lead the team around the park. He doesn’t have a world class forward pack to dominate the opposition and he doesn’t have Cleary to direct things now so it’ll be a big test for him.

Olam is a good player too. Smart signing.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I’d call him a dickhead not a grub. Seems to think his shit doesn’t stink and acts like people should idolise him.
I don’t think he is worth more than $1m a season but I guess the Tigers had to make that offer to get him. Can’t see him making the Tigers much better than a fringe top 8 team with more good signings around him.

Last edited:
I think Luai is a good get for them, but if they are stepping into Olam’s contract (c $500k a season for the next 3 years) for a guy who was dropped from a really bad Storm 3/4 line last year, this is just like the Tigers of old. The retirement home of the NRL.

Latest posts