What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Around the Grounds

Woody90

Juniors
Yeah I thought Olam was pretty average last year to be honest, particularly defensively.

Luai is a good signing for the Tigers in the sense that his name alone might encourage others to follow. He doesn’t have the individual talent to turn them around on his own but you can’t knock his competitiveness which is something the Tigers need. Only need to look at how much better we got when we brought in the likes of Hastings and Gamble that just want to win all the time. Not the most talented but were huge in terms of culture.

Sacking of the board will make a much bigger difference to the Tigers than Luai or Olam will.

Last edited:

aqua_duck

Coach
I think Luai is a good get for them, but if they are stepping into Olam’s contract (c $500k a season for the next 3 years) for a guy who was dropped from a really bad Storm 3/4 line last year, this is just like the Tigers of old. The retirement home of the NRL.
Olam just turned 30 and the way he plays I don’t see him as someone with great longevity, moreover I think teams have somewhat figured him out over the past year or so. I think Shawn Blore will end up a very good pick up for the storm

Burwood

Bench
A spine of Api, Bula, Luai and Sezer have the potential to be quite damaging. The only thing is that they also had the likes of Brooks, Farah and Benji for years and did nothing.

aqua_duck

Coach
A spine of Api, Bula, Luai and Sezer have the potential to be quite damaging. The only thing is that they also had the likes of Brooks, Farah and Benji for years and did nothing.
Sezar is only on a one year deal and considering the money the paid for Fainu and Sullivan I doubt they’ll extend him beyond this year considering he’ll be 33 this year

Jono078

Referee
Did anyone see his insta story the other day with his new range rover? He's living the dream as a young lad in Bondi. Can't blame him. Sucks for us though.

Nuke

Staff member
Probably because he played for QueeNZland for all those years. I, too, didn't expect to see him named in that team for last night, but there ya go.

PhilGould

Bench
He played for them in 2019 too, and then "retired" from the All Stars game because he didn't want to have to pick between representing the 2 sides of his family. Only roped him back in this year because his brother was going to play as well but a NSW Cup suspension ruled him out after being named.

Yosh

Coach
I’m feeling a big year from Leo Thompson.

The best thing about Leo is that he doesn't shy away from anything. He is playing with some of the best players on the planet out there and was still one of the better players. Was great against Australia last year as well.

Watson leaves because he drank the Robinson koolaid

dropped to 18th man
Left after 1 good injury free season and went back to being injured most of the time.

Also went from living in a nice leafy suburban Newy home with a pool to a glum dark box apartment in Sydney