What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Around the Grounds

Knight Tales

Juniors
Not sure how many of the under 21 s can be full time first graders but it would seem another asleep at the wheel effort from this club. The point being Penrith were all part of the same team as Juniors at some point. It may not work but we will never put ourselves in a place to see if it actually does. They torched the roosters in the first half a couple of weeks back and play quality footy.

Jono078

Referee
over the past 10 years we have had some really good junior sides coming though that win the comp or play in the grand final, yet none of them really come through into first grade level.

We need to work out why that is. Once we work that out, then we can look at becoming a club like Penrith, otherwise its going to be much of the same unfortunately
Definitely need to work out why. Who isn't keeping them grounded and humbling them? Are they happy to talk about how they won the under 20s comp for the rest of their lives?

Shits me that Dom Young is the guy in our team showing great ambition and that's all him, hasn't been infected by Newcastle culture - yet.

Knight Tales

Juniors
U21s ahead in GF over Penrith. I hope the powers that be are paying attention and can build upon this at pathways level. But it will only translate over the years if the kids believe they are a genuine hope of playing FG for this club.

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach
When was the last time we didn't have a Knights player in either the NZ or Aus team? We won't this year right? Must be a first in a while no?

Kilkenny

Coach
Was at the Flegg GF today, you guys probably should have won 18-6 lead but we’re rather unfortunate to lose in heartbreaking fashion. Great turnout from your fans and your side looked to contain quite a few kids with NRL potential.

Jono078

Referee
I'm not one to cry over spilt milk, but once again the decision to sign a struggling Mitch Pearce to a 1-year deal instead of saying thanks but no thanks and then proceed to go for someone else... like you know, about to be dally m player of the year Nicho Hynes..

God I hope Parr has better foresight and ability to make tough decisions.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Even if Gagai was selected he won’t be going.
He’s getting married at the end of the month and he wants to do the do the preseason.
Didn’t do one last year after the late finish with the grand final and then he got his tonsils removed the week he was due back.

Bdubs

Juniors
I'm not one to cry over spilt milk, but once again the decision to sign a struggling Mitch Pearce to a 1-year deal instead of saying thanks but no thanks and then proceed to go for someone else... like you know, about to be dally m player of the year Nicho Hynes..

God I hope Parr has better foresight and ability to make tough decisions.
i know it works differently but whoever assembled the NRLW side should be helping with the NRL side. We went out and got 2 of the best players in the NRLW. One in Millie Boyle, who apart from her massive talent is a huge leader, which we desperately need in the NRL side and Upton, who is electric in attack and involves herself in everything.

Pity we have no one like that currently in the NRL side

Jono078

Referee
Yeah we need to identify how we achieved it with NRLW though.

Is there a cap there? Or has Phil said I want to win the comp, go an get the best players we can at any cost?

Jono078

Referee
Ouch... Channel 9 just showed the top 5 longest premiership droughts... 5th place was 23 years.. We're 2 years away from matching that mark 😔

Jono078

Referee
Parra fans living my worst nightmare at half time if we ever make another GF.
This. Imagine working so hard all year and waiting years for this moment then realising just after 10 minutes your team has been bashed and beaten out of the game.

Old dog

Juniors
It will happen no matter what, the problem is you need your other spine players, especially your 7, to drop back and cover when f/b is drawn forward and wide. Should always have one covering the rubber kick

Yosh

Coach
Who do you guys hate more; the Storm of the last two decades or the recent Panthers?

Latest posts