What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Around the Grounds

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
So is Gutho Parra’s version of Kurt Gidley? Effort can’t be questioned but tries to do everything including stuff that he isn’t good enough to do?

SamSepi0l

Juniors
So is Gutho Parra’s version of Kurt Gidley? Effort can’t be questioned but tries to do everything including stuff that he isn’t good enough to do?
I don't think that's entirely unfair. He's not overly fast, is an OK but not great play maker. Good at a lot of things but not really great at any.

Yosh

Coach
If Des leaves the Sea Eagles, how do we feel about him coming here? Would be a fantastic assistant coach for us. Doubt he would want anything but a head position.

Bdubs

Juniors
If Des leaves the Sea Eagles, how do we feel about him coming here? Would be a fantastic assistant coach for us. Doubt he would want anything but a head position.
Des wouldn't go to any club to be an assistant, but i like the idea of us going after an experienced assistant

Personally i don't want Des anywhere near our club. Too much drama with him at every club he has been at. He effectively got sacked and paid out from Manly the first time around i think, he got sacked and paid out by the Dogs and he is more than likely going to get sacked and paid out at Manly again.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Des is a great coach year 1. Completely financially incompetent.

We’d probably offer him full range, cap included, to screw us over for weeks longer than the current agenda.

Jono078

Referee
Yeah Des scares me a little. His record in recent year isn’t as good as his earlier days either. You could say Turbo carried him last year.

His roster management skills are up there with Hagan. Get him in to get you over the hump but long term it won’t be nice.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
For me it’s clear that Des can coach, but it’s his roster management that is a problem as others have stated. He’s paid massive money to three players at Manly and as a result their depth is terrible. A few years ago I think he would have been good for us but probably not now.

Not sure i blame Des for having 3 players at the club on big $$.

Toovey was the coach when DCE signed his massive deal and is the club not gonna pay the turbo boys good $$$? They get that money anywhere they go

The media talk around his hand in the Bulldogs cap issues when he was there are dubious at best too.

Manly are a big mess, if not bigger, than our club is at the top

Burwood

Bench
The recent criticism of Hasler has been that he has a tendency to hold on to old players a year or two too long, resulting in young talent leaving the club for opportunities elsewhere.

The recent criticism of Hasler has been that he has a tendency to hold on to old players a year or two too long, resulting in young talent leaving the club for opportunities elsewhere.
Well hes let Foran go to keep Schuster so that myth is busted

Yosh

Coach
With Parr and Zammit and co. maybe he will be tasked with just the coaching aspects. I doubt he would want to work under a system where he isn't fully in control though.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Des sacked by Manly. This could get very messy for both the coach and player markets. Some responsible reporting would be welcome cos you can just see the rumour mill around DCE and Turbo lighting up.

Burwood

Bench
I’d take DCE on a 2 year deal in a heartbeat, even ahead of either/both of the turbos. I think he’ll move back home and be playing for the dolphins in 2023 unfortunately.