What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Around the Grounds

Zoidberg

First Grade
Queenslander!
Not much chance of Gagai or Ponga making the QLD team the rest of this series (barring injury), which is good for Knights but disappointing for them.

Spot On

Coach
Slater got it 100% right.

Absolutely no chance of our two getting picked again.

Nor should they be.

QLD would have to have an injury crisis for the ages for that to happen.

The joke that is NSWRL will not force QLD to change their team any time soon either.

NSW can make superstars out of spuds. This time, it was Lindsay Collins’ turn.

Ah, more origin folklore.

Any team with ‘New’ in its name is simply a dog shit, useless organisation.

aqua_duck

Coach
f**k I hate losing origin games.

We didn't look good.

I think Teddy's used by date has come and gone unfortunately. He's not the same player he used to be.
Tedesco can still add value running straight and hard in behind the ruck and as a support player but instead he’s tried to turn himself into a second 5/8th and parking himself down the right edge but instead of being an extra playmaker he’s become a handbrake with his sideways running and total refusal to afford any of his outside men early ball.

Woody90

Juniors
How'd we lose that game... Penrith connection sucks terribly at Origin level. That was close to unloseable and we still found a way to Newcastle it up.

Even when we were ahead with 7 to go I knew QLD would win. All of this QLD folklore shit about them just finding a way to do it never acknowledges that it’s usually NSW stupidity handing it to them on a platter.

ryan.a87

Juniors
Things im mad about

Tpj being picked
Hudson young starting
Teddy past it
Payne Haas only playing 30mins
Liam Martin not starting
Captains challenge 2mins before half time
Hynes being picked and covering centre

Team for game 2 needs bulk changes

Latrell
Too
Gramham
Turbo
Fox
Hynes
Cleary
Haas
Api
Paulo
Frizell
Martin
Yep

Cook
Murray
Young
Utoikamanu

macavity

Referee
Tedesco, Turbo, Cleary, Crichton, TPJ, Yeo, Young to go

Edwards
Fox
Trell
Campbell-Graham
To’o
Luai
Hynes
Paulo
Koriusau
Hass
Martin
Frizz
Murray

Burton
Olukalatu
Kolomatagi
D. Saifiti

Is my team.

aqua_duck

Coach
Tedesco, Turbo, Cleary, Crichton, TPJ, Yeo, Young to go

Edwards
Fox
Trell
Campbell-Graham
To’o
Luai
Hynes
Paulo
Koriusau
Hass
Martin
Frizz
Murray

Burton
Olukalatu
Kolomatagi
D. Saifiti

Is my team.
It’s funny how everyone wants to get rid of Luai even though he was infinitely better than Tedesco and Cleary.

Yosh

Coach
Overall I think it's Fittler's fault. He just isn't a good coach. Slater is a genius. I really hope we have a crack and try to sign him as our next head coach.

Fittler's one move up his sleeve is getting Turbo to go float once or twice a game to join a back line move. Somehow that's something spectacular...

I still think Teddy is the best fullback option but he needs to give the reigns to Cleary. This needs to be Cleary's team. If Teddy can't stop himself from getting the ball 83639 times a game to run 250m but we don't score no tries, he needs to go.

Spot On

Coach
Anyone who watched Origin last night and thinks Liam Martin is an "average" Backrower simply has no idea. Bloke is a f**king animal

Absolutely.

If the pack ran and hit like he did, ever time they take the field, the result will be much different.

But it will never happen.

NSW are continually losing the ruck (QLD dominate on the ground and when carrying the ball) and are always on the back foot.

Rinse and repeat unless there is a significant change in effort and willingness to go beyond what they normally dish up in the physical aspect of the game.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
Overall I think it's Fittler's fault. He just isn't a good coach. Slater is a genius. I really hope we have a crack and try to sign him as our next head coach.
Not that I’m disputing this, but I thought it was super interesting that it was Cam Smith doing a lot of the talking at halftime. Like Billy let him take the reigns.

Jono078

Referee
Also I think there’s going to be very minimal change.

Freddy will challenge the group to make up for their crap. If they go down though, he will with them.

Jono078

Referee
Who would be next in line for the head coach role if Freddy gets the boot
Could revisit Bellamy if he’s not tied to the Storm as much. Des Hasler maybe. Maybe Flanagan.

I just feel we need someone who’s on top of the modern game though.

mozza91

Coach
Anyone who watched Origin last night and thinks Liam Martin is an "average" Backrower simply has no idea. Bloke is a f**king animal
He’s a strange one. Doesn’t look too flash at club level a lot of the time but is a weapon for NSW and Australia. So pretty much the exact opposite of every other Penrith player.

He’s a strange one. Doesn’t look too flash at club level a lot of the time but is a weapon for NSW and Australia. So pretty much the exact opposite of every other Penrith player.
Its in his game if you watch closely. He is an effort on effort player and is generally the first one into contact and hits hard. Hes also great at hitting a gap at the right time

Obviously the extra energy and emotion of playing rep footy elevates his game but he is generally always quality week to week