What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arsenal not up to it at the moment.

Macca_

Coach
Agree re Pires and Gilberto.

Hleb needs time. He was highly rated in the German League and once he gets used to the speed of the EPL he'll be fine. He's in the mould of Ljungberg when he first came to the club but he has a better passing game. He's an intellegent off the ball player too, he'll prove his worth next season.

Reyes has the speed and a lethal left foot plus the ability to take on players and beat them. His confidence this season has been down. He couldn't stop scoring at the beginning of last season. Theiry Henry praised him the other day in the article and said how good a player he is. I wouldn't call the above two guys average...

Fabregas is only 18. He knocks the ball around like an experienced international. He has a good work ethic and reads the game very well. In 5 seasons time he'll be talked about as one of the premier midfielders in the game. I jusy hope he's still at Arsenal, his contract runs out when he turns 23 and he'll be due for a big pay rise.

juggalo_strit

Juniors
They'll lose too ManYoo and the season will be curtains.
No Europe either.

Whilst the mighty rovers keep rolling on, now only 3 points from the arse

perth sharkie

Juniors
Wenger needs to open his cheque book this January, and perhaps sign some proven Premiership players to help the club out of their current predicament rather than no names from Europe.

Macca_

Coach
There is cash there RU. They picked up around 32m around 18 months ago from the tv deal which they said would be used for transfers. Also netted the 12m from Vieira. Minus the 8 they spent on Hleb there is some to throw about. The problem is that Wenger only looks for the ideal player. Which isn't bad, but can leave you short if you miss out like he did.

Jug, I wouldn't say the season is over should they lose tonight... They have 3 cups to play for and Euro promotion. It's only half way...

Mong

Post Whore
Was a good game today against manure.. Haven't been watching to much of the Ar*e this year but if they play like today from now on they should be fine...

Leeds scum rot in the lower leagues where you belong...

weasel

First Grade
I reckon Spurs will finish fourth and Gunners in fifth, but Arsenal will win the Champions League and an upsurge of sentimentality will see UEFA bend the rules and allow them into the qualifying rounds of the Champions League for next year. And then, in the ultimate irony, at the last hurdle of qualifying Tottenham will be drawn against a classy spanish opponent and Arsenal will be dealt a much easier hand and only the Gunners will snatch a place in the group stages, and with it the last laugh.

I don't think that's entirely improbable.

fat_mike

Juniors
defence without cole is ordinary and made to look even more ordinary but sub standard donkeys like pascal cygan. joke of a defender

Macca_

Coach
Weasel, it wouldn't be fun in the short term, but the end result would be hilarious :D

mike - I have been a Cygan basher for a while. The one thing he does have though is some distribution. He can actually knock a pass to his team mates that is good unlike most of the other defenders. But he is no left back and not up to the standard that Arsenal have been used to since the George Graham days. Cole coming back will add so much.

Just on the Man U game, Gilberto had a stormer imo. A big reason for the performace and what we have been missing. Henry is clearly not fully fit. I was thinking his mind wasn't on the job but people who go to the games all the time have pointed out that he looks like he is carrying something when seen live. Watched him closer and he is not moving around the pitch much at all.

And that should have been a penalty. Oh well.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
weasel said:
I reckon Spurs will finish fourth and Gunners in fifth, but Arsenal will win the Champions League and an upsurge of sentimentality will see UEFA bend the rules and allow them into the qualifying rounds of the Champions League for next year. And then, in the ultimate irony, at the last hurdle of qualifying Tottenham will be drawn against a classy spanish opponent and Arsenal will be dealt a much easier hand and only the Gunners will snatch a place in the group stages, and with it the last laugh.

I don't think that's entirely improbable.

he he he

perth sharkie

Juniors
Despite season after season of disappointment, it's good to see Spurs fans never losing their sense of false confidence.

Macca_

Coach
All it means is St T*tts Day will be a little later this season :D

(St T*tts Day being the day when it is mathematically not possible for them to finish above us).

:D

Macca_

Coach
For the gooners -
Henry: I'm staying with Arsenal
Thierry Henry has ruled out leaving Arsenal in the summer.

The French striker, who had been linked with a move to Barcelona, has instead vowed to stay with the Gunners who move to their new Emirates Stadium next season.

The 28-year-old told The Sun: "The truth is I love this club and I've made my mind up to stay."

He added: "I can say to all my fans and the people who care about me I want to lead the team out in the new stadium."
As well as Van Pirsie signing up until 2011. And Reyes and Fabregas already signed till 2011. Good stuff!

perth sharkie

Juniors
Macca_ said:
For the gooners -

As well as Van Pirsie signing up until 2011. And Reyes and Fabregas already signed till 2011. Good stuff!

Henry's announcement is a massive boost, as it the signing of Van Persie. Not sure about Reyes, seems a bit over-rated and one of those stereotypical foreign players who only does well when the team are playing well.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I'm not big on Reyes. It always seems like everyone in the team knows when to pass and who to pass to except him. He tends to prefer to set off on aimless runs and lose the ball.

Macca_

Coach
Reyes is a confidence player. The couple of games over xmas he was best on park for the gunners. And a lot of players seem to be better when a team is going well. I rate him, more to the point Henry really rates him. Was an article not that long ago where he was talking about how much he sees in Reyes.