What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arsenal not up to it at the moment.

Macca_

Coach
Dear Doctor,
Years ago, I vowed to myself that I would never be pleased at other people's misfortunes. I'm afraid that my vow has been shattered. I turned off the TV when it was obvious that Sp**s were 2-0 up and they were quite simply better than Leicester. I had a quick look at the computer later in the day, to see how high the score had reached. When I saw that Leicester had scored three, I felt a glow of happiness.
This shows that a] I need to get a life b] I have become a slimy individual who revels in the misfortunes of others.
I am full of self-loathing, especially now that I have realized that if some other team takes the cup from us, it won't be them. More reveling.
Doctor, is it ok to have these feelings?

When Luton were 3-1 up against Liverpool, I started firing off an e-mail to a mate who is a fanatical Liverpool supporter. Sadly, by the time I finished it (I'm a two finger typer), Liverpool managed a further 4 goals.

Great wins by Leicester and Leyton Orient and wonderful results for non-League sides Nuneaton and Burton Albion. This is why the FA Cup is a fantastic competition. Imagine being a park footballer and playing against some of the best club sides in Europe. I can imagine the Burton guys in 30-40 years telling their grandkids about the day we nearly beat United.

Macca_

Coach
I was telling my sister inlaw who is a sp*rs fan that they would get rolled :D

She sent me a text at 2-0. I'm yet to reply... :D

Macca_

Coach
Actually, just on that, there is a waiting list of 25,000 people for season tickets at Highbury.

Doing the math at 38,000 cap for Highbury, that's 63,000 people.

I don't think there will be a problem :D

OVP

Coach
Id like to make a comment about the Villa vs Arsenal game just recently. As a Villa fan, im not used to watching my team play well, but we did play well against Arsenal. We hurried the bejesus out of them and therefore they never got a chance to shine ... which is a blessing believe me :)

But ... ive NEVER seen Arsenal play that bad ... well at least in the last 6 years.

Something is DEFINITELY amiss at that club ... Henry re-signing though could just well be the kick-start they need though. Hmmm long odds i know ... but if Liverpool fluked it, then Arsenal has the talent ... im going for a Champs LEague win ... it must be over 30/1 though huh ? LOL get on ... ;-)(if you are as daft as me :))

Macca_

Coach
I put it down to a few things...

* A lot of youth coming into the side at the moment
* Key players simply out of form (fred, pires, gilberto)
* Henry uncertainty, plus he is carrying an injury
* Cole's injury. Gives so much down that flank, missing it

They'll be right.

sooperdooper

First Grade
Macca_ said:
I put it down to a few things...

* A lot of youth coming into the side at the moment
* Key players simply out of form (fred, pires, gilberto)
* Henry uncertainty, plus he is carrying an injury
* Cole's injury. Gives so much down that flank, missing it

They'll be right.

like all good teams they will bounce back...

Macca_

Coach
This is true mate. As I have said before too, they have been in the top 2 for 8 or 9 seasons now. It's tough to keep that up at any level. And with standards like that all of a sudden a form slump looks real bad.

Back in the post Wenger era when George was at the helm this season would be classed as a great one for the club at this stage. Top half of the league, league cup semis, fa cup 4th round and knock out stage of champions league.

With some of the young talent coming through and a new stadium that will bring in a lot more money the future looks good.

sooperdooper

First Grade
Macca_ said:
This is true mate. As I have said before too, they have been in the top 2 for 8 or 9 seasons now. It's tough to keep that up at any level. And with standards like that all of a sudden a form slump looks real bad.

Back in the post Wenger era when George was at the helm this season would be classed as a great one for the club at this stage. Top half of the league, league cup semis, fa cup 4th round and knock out stage of champions league.

With some of the young talent coming through and a new stadium that will bring in a lot more money the future looks good.

sure does, lets be serious here. many clubs below arsenal in the PL wish they could be in there spot on the table. we are not happy as we expect them to be number 1 or 2

PB

Bench
Macca_ said:
It's the rough times that offload the glory hunters too

Yeah poor Arsenal.. tough times....

Say speaking of tough times do you remember May 4, 2003!!! :p ;-)

:lol:

Those were the days.....

Macca_

Coach
PB said:
Yeah poor Arsenal.. tough times....
That's what I mean. People ask me 'what's going on with Arsenal'... By their recent standards, there is a form slump happening. But it's not as though they are struggling to stay up etc.
PB said:
Those were the days.....
Remember it well. Never thought much of Dooks since :D

PB

Bench
Originally Posted by PB
Those were the days.....

Macca_ said:
Remember it well. Never thought much of Dooks since :D

Great day. Leeds stayed up and we denied Arsenal the premiership at Highbury! Only neg was we gifted the title to Man U.

It may interest you to know that Marko's and Harry's goals in that game (and Harry's was an absolute belter!) both made Leeds United AFC's top 100 goals of all time at a presentation about 18 month ago.

Wigan 1 def Arsenal 0 and the Latics were unlucky not to have won by more. It's only the Carling Cup but you'd still expect Arsenal to easily win these sort of matches.

juggalo_strit

Juniors
Wigan v Blackburn in the final.
Won't that stuff up the pommy press.
But i'm sure the ref's will have something to say about the matter in the resulting matches

Latest posts