What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asada 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surely

Post Whore
The Essendon Football Club is alleging the previous Labor federal government pressured anti-doping authorities to fast-track their investigation into the club.

The club is arguing ASADA acted unlawfully by conducting a joint investigation with the AFL.

It has detailed the claims it intends to make at a Federal Court hearing next week, in which it will challenge the legality of ASADA's investigation.

It alleges former sports minister Kate Lundy and her staff told investigators in June 2013 they needed an outcome, and that the process was hampering Labor's prospects of being re-elected.

Timeline: The Essendon-ASADA investigation
Notes from a meeting held that month detail conversations between investigators and staff for Ms Lundy.

"Clear instructions from Min[ister]."

"Min - her colleagues at her, or accusing her of hampering chances of re-election - you need an outcome."

The then ASADA CEO, Aurora Andruska, also took notes in the meeting.

"Lundy: needs something ... Can't do it without ASADA agreeing."

Ms Andruska's notes also indicate ASADA was working closely with the AFL to ensure its findings contained the content the league needed to punish Essendon.

"Take points off Essendon ... Get outcome we need." Ms Andruska recorded the then AFL deputy Gillon McLachlan saying in a meeting.

"Take bits out that might compromise what we need," she also noted Mr McLachlan as saying.

Last year's interim report led to Essendon being banned from the finals, fined $2 million and coach James Hird suspended for 12 months.

ASADA denies it acted outside its legal powers and in its own submission it alleges it was Essendon and Hird who asked the anti-doping authority to investigate the matter.

The anti-doping authority's submission quotes Essendon chairman Paul Little who said the club had accepted the penalties.

"It was unanimously agreed by the board that the club had a problem and we should self-report our concerns to the AFL and ASADA immediately."

The anti-doping authority also alleges Essendon and Hird repeatedly said they would fully cooperate and had nothing to hide

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-...nder-pressure-from-federal-government/5659086

So confirmation it was political after all

Damage election chances lol

Frenzy.

Immortal
7pFPL.gif

Does this mean she has 2 pus.............

Never mind. Not enough talcum powder anyway.

Poss

Juniors
Matty Johns spoke about the ASADA issue on the grill team this morning.
Take this as you want but this is what he had to say.

To paraphrase:
"I have been told by reliable sources that the ASADA issue is about to be wrapped up and I'm hearing that players will be handed infringement notices in the next week. 17 players in total but could be a lot less because many of those have moved on to Super League or retired. I've heard that they will be charged with unwillingly taking a banned substance. ASADA will take this into account and also take into account the fact that this has drawn on for so long and affected the players lives over the past year or so. They will be handed with 6 month bans which can be served during the off season meaning they will miss just a month or so of 2015. If the bans are handed out next week, there is a chance that the players could accept the ban immediately and miss the last 3 weeks of this year so that they can start next season. For the Sharks, the next 3 weeks mean nothing as they are no chance of making the finals. Those who are found to have administered the banned substances (staff, coaches etc) will cop life bans"

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
Those who are found to have administered the banned substances (staff, coaches etc) will cop life bans"

So...Flanno comes back from his suspension & gets banned for life??

Or Elkin's 2 yr ban now gets changed to life?? Which isnt a bad thing..

Madsharkie

First Grade
Messy, messy situation. Just end it already.
I'm betting we hear from THE MESSIAH! before we hear from ARSADA.

PJ

First Grade
If there is something to come out of it all then this sounds like the best possible outcome.

Get a decent coach in for a start

Southern Shark

Juniors
Bourbon Bec has been making this prediction for 18 months and has never been correct so what has changed now. I would have thought the Judicial Inquiry announced today into Asada would be the bigger story.

carcharias

Immortal
Bourbon Bec has been making this prediction for 18 months and has never been correct so what has changed now. I would have thought the Judicial Inquiry announced today into Asada would be the bigger story.

no

that wont be finalised for another month according to the news this morning.
I dead set laughed when I heard it.

taipan

Referee
If Johns had made that statement on a Friday,I would have believed him.Any other day of the week:doubt:,he's full of it.
Everything that matters happens on Friday.

Ads

First Grade
Wow - could this be true.

Flanno gone?

For good?

Hopes are up - trousers down.

If we were lucky enough for that to happen you know the board will probably just go with the Shep and morris combo without looking for anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts