What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asada 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Tweddle

Juniors
I'd love to know how many 'my mail is that infraction notices are imminent' type stories have run in the press. This feels like about the tenth.

Since 73

First Grade
If we were lucky enough for that to happen you know the board will probably just go with the Shep and morris combo without looking for anyone else.
We had a our best defensive line of the year last weekend.

Held them to nil in 2nd half and they scored on the back of almost 70% possession in first half.

If Pol passes to Gordon we win - away from home against a side that's red hot at the moment.

There is LOT to like with Shep's approach.

We have a 5/8 who can tackle AND attack.
We have blooded Holmes and Gagan - neither would have played under Farkwit Flanno.

Liccha has improved.

And in the press conferences, the guy sounds more like a football expert than any coach we have had since Langy.

But most of all we are playing football. Like the Sharks used to play. Using the ball and asking questions of the other side.

I'd be very interested to see what those two guys would do on a 12 month contract after a pre-season. Very interested.

I've liked what I have seen in the past few weeks more than what I've seen from the Flanno/Sticky combo in the past 5 years.

bluey

Bench
We had a our best defensive line of the year last weekend.

Held them to nil in 2nd half and they scored on the back of almost 70% possession in first half.

If Pol passes to Gordon we win - away from home against a side that's red hot at the moment.

There is LOT to like with Shep's approach.

We have a 5/8 who can tackle AND attack.
We have blooded Holmes and Gagan - neither would have played under Farkwit Flanno.

Liccha has improved.

And in the press conferences, the guy sounds more like a football expert than any coach we have had since Langy.

But most of all we are playing football. Like the Sharks used to play. Using the ball and asking questions of the other side.

I'd be very interested to see what those two guys would do on a 12 month contract after a pre-season. Very interested.

I've liked what I have seen in the past few weeks more than what I've seen from the Flanno/Sticky combo in the past 5 years.

I have to agree 73
It appears we are actually playing ruby league for a change instead of all this structured footy and i like it when our centres get some ball that hasnt come off a 2nd rower cramping them.

The Popper

Bench
Finally got to watch the Warriors game. Was happy enough with our performance. Looked a bit more like a football team. The effort was there but unfortunately the excution let us down. I trust Politoni never forgets what coulda been.

cb4

First Grade
If the worst that comes from thiss is that Wade and Gal get an extra month to recover, then big whoop.

I am, however, very skeptical as to why anyone from ASADA would leak information to Matty Johns. I am also skeptical as to why anyone from ASADA would leak any information to connections of Matty Johns.
After all, his best mate and partner in crime Gordon Tallis has let some valuable information slip in the passed fortnight.

I will take Matt's info with a grain of salt, but hope to god that that is all that comes from this mess of an investigation.
I would also hope Wade and Gal cop the punishment sweet.

Flanno on the other hand, that might be the tricky situation. I know Flanno was exploring legal action when he was handed down his suspension, so I wouldn't be surprised if he went down swinging if he was to cop another 6-12 months.

Ads

First Grade
Flanno on the other hand, that might be the tricky situation. I know Flanno was exploring legal action when he was handed down his suspension, so I wouldn't be surprised if he went down swinging if he was to cop another 6-12 months.

Which is why I think they jumped the gun and re-signed him for 3 years. Keep him happy and quiet and most importantly away from the court.

Surely

Post Whore
So if the coco pops monkey has info then how does this play out in relation to the bolded paragraph

The court was also told Gillard government bureaucrat, Richard Eccles, went to meetings and sat in on a teleconference where ASADA and the AFL were discussing investigation tactics.

Notes of ASADA chief operating officer Trevor Burgess from a June meeting with Mr Eccles records Mr Eccles' recollection of a meeting with the AFL about what it intended to do:

AFL keeping pressure on ASADA to be bad guys...
(Essendon) player support staff - AFL will go them.
Coach (James Hird) - minimum six months or much longer.
Non-players will go down, ducks all lined up.
Mr Ings says that was abnormal and potentially a breach of the legislation governing ASADA.

"In my experience it would be incredibly unusual for someone outside the ASADA investigation to be involved in discussion in aspects of the investigation," he said.

"Indeed, persons outside of ASADA would not be classified as entrusted individuals under the ASADA act and would be unable to receive information details of the particular conducting of an investigation."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-...another-game-being-played-asada-probe/5669312

ek999

First Grade
I'm 99.99% sure that bans can't be served during the offseason. Would be willing to bet that Johns is talking out of his arse

Since 73

First Grade
Johns would have no farkin idea but it makes sense.

ASADA save face by saying we banned you.

The players miss nothing except running up dunes.

Nobody appeals as theyre happy with result.

Everybody is happy.

Card Shark

Immortal
I'm 99.99% sure that bans can't be served during the offseason. Would be willing to bet that Johns is talking out of his arse

The offseason is really only a month these days. If players miss preseason training, they are way behind, so it does hurt.

Agree with what you say about johns though, have lost a lot of respect for him as he does often speak crap.

Why would ASADA hand down infractions, well they cant but now advise the NRL to take action at the same time they are in court re Essendon.

Either Johns is speaking crap, or once again its another tempt by ASADA for player to come forward and take 6 months.

When again ASADA still have yet to prove a thing, though i wouldnt mind seeing Flanno go

Eion

First Grade
Matt johns is yet to be right about anything. Fair dinkum, I know more than that dope. How someone involved in the game for so long can be wrong on literally everything he has ever opened his trap about is astounding.

Inferno

Coach
We've been hearing this on a regular basis for well over a year.

I'll believe it when it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.