What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asada 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack059

Juniors
He was a consultant - are you sure you read the article or have you already made up your mind ?

I’ll add to that the fact that I was retained by the Essendon Football Club to give some advice on the status of the peptide AOD-9604 and the law surrounding ‘bringing the game into disrepute’. On top of that I’ll add that I decided not to accept any further work with the Club because of I did not believe they were acting fairly and properly with the members of their own Football Department. Since that time I have continued to be a close and interested researcher.

jack059

Juniors
FMD he tested pos for coke, and yes legal representation does cost and I havent had a solicitor yet that said "oh, you did it, I can't help you.

So I guess you have made your mind up.

webShark

Many on here say ASADA have nothing. I say send the notices ASAP as some of us are sick of it. Innocent or Guilty we are in a time warp until this mess is sorted.

It is ironic that our shonky ness might be our saviour. No records means no traceability. The no smoke without fire scenario has dragged us behind for years to come.

millersnose

Post Whore
FMD he tested pos for coke, and yes legal representation does cost and I havent had a solicitor yet that said "oh, you did it, I can't help you.

So I guess you have made your mind up.
That he twice profited from his 'legal advice' and lost twice but was still paid by his vict...sorry client?
Yes
I find his piece to be underwhelming in that circumstance

Isure hope the sharks receive better advice
Given they have already declared hey won't follow your acquaintance and his client to an expensive legal battle with asada, it seems they have

Shark_78

Juniors
What's frustrating for me is that the damage done to the club far out ways the actual offence (if any) committed. We ran 13th that year. Nothing was gained IMO. It was bad management by individuals.

Cap rorts are far worse than our pathetic attempt at using peds.

jack059

Juniors
I reckon they've got plenty, however the legal system is very complicated and whether they have enough to go all the way is the question.

By offering deals etc they give the impression they are concerned as well.

I agree the sooner the better as this is really affecting everyone from the players to the fans.

A compromise would be the best result, pleading guilty is not the way to go.

millersnose

Post Whore
Many on here say ASADA have nothing. I say send the notices ASAP as some of us are sick of it. Innocent or Guilty we are in a time warp until this mess is sorted.

It is ironic that our shonky ness might be our saviour. No records means no traceability. The no smoke without fire scenario has dragged us behind for years to come.
All that would be terrific if you ignore the ex players who want recompense , the ex board who having seen the evidence and received legal advice concluded we were in trouble, as did the NRL under the same circumstance.
Any challenge to asada through a civil court would inevitably result in subpoenas issued to givney elkin dank and anyone else in the loop asada deem appropriate who may be protected by the limited reach of asada powers today.
I suspect that is very much NOT in the sharks interests and would assume both asada, the NRL and the shares know this

The club has received legal advice and seen evidence us internet posters have not

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
He is am employee of the essendon club
Now that doesn't automatically make his opinion biased however given he did not disclose that in his piece I daresay you may be being lead to fake blue sky by a PR endeavour
You need to read things a bit more carefully.
He made his statement CLEARLY at the start.
If you know what you are talking about, you will know why Essendon employed him. He is the gun.
He withdrew his services after Essendon failed to support their own staff who had done nothing wrong.
So on an ethical level, this guy is up there.
Tell me who you think is ethical in all of this?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
hahaha > jsut read Millers link. Hadnt even been to the high court. Are you serious? FMD get a real. A positivecoke test theat would have gotten off in the high court. FFS get real or get off.

Southern Shark

Juniors
The only person/people smearing Sharks players are the Daily Telegraph threesome headed by Wilson. They have been firing blanks since February last year.

Big Bloke

Juniors
Somehow the journos will get out of it. They nearly always do. The print media are a law unto themselves. I really thought the media and papparazzi would get a severe thrashing after Princess Diana's death but it got worse.

Card Shark

Immortal
Somehow the journos will get out of it. They nearly always do. The print media are a law unto themselves. I really thought the media and papparazzi would get a severe thrashing after Princess Diana's death but it got worse.

No conscience !

gavin_miller

Juniors
I know the author of article posted by Reefy, and I can tell you he is extremely knowledgable on the subject, and has the Sharks best interest at heart. This I know as fact.

Card Shark

Immortal
Apparently the back page of the telegraph is running a story about Gal & his wife putting off having another child due to the ASADA pressures.

Talk about hypocrites.....they have caused most of his anguish.

The Popper

Bench
Apparently the back page of the telegraph is running a story about Gal & his wife putting off having another child due to the ASADA pressures.
Talk about hypocrites.....they have caused most of his anguish.

Members of the ALP (Lundy, Clare et al) initiated this anguish, CS. The journalists in question seem to love running with it. I doubt they'd care if Gal's wife had a miscarriage. They really don't seem to care how much misery they cause by venting their bitterness, as long as they get a story. It does seem, however, that some of them are bent on continuing the misery for players families and the fans - all innocent parties, but they don't care. To call them scum may be considered by some to be praise.

Madsharkie

First Grade
Exactly why I never buy a newspaper or watch/listen to the news, Pop. I don't need some wanker's opinion on what is normally bad news anyway!

ek999

First Grade
Isn't that what the RLPA is there for? What's the point of having a players union if they do f**k all to support them? Shouldn't the Sharks also be doing everything they can to ensure that their players are not suffering from mental health issues?

I personally think the NRL should be as distant as possible in all regards to the investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.