What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asada 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Isn't that what the RLPA is there for? What's the point of having a players union if they do f**k all to support them? Shouldn't the Sharks also be doing everything they can to ensure that their players are not suffering from mental health issues?

I personally think the NRL should be as distant as possible in all regards to the investigation

Gee it's not like a Union to just grab the cash and not do anything for its members....

Vin Fizz

Bench
Capt Gal was on the BSB this morning. They raised the Arseada issue with him. He maintains he knows nothing other than what his lawyers pass on. He mentioned he had been called into an interview (presuambly the one last year) but other than that had not been contacted by his legal team to discuss issues that they deemed he needed to be aware or concerned about. He spoke about the young players at the club being impacted heavily and described how some of them had called him in the middle of the night and had also gone to his house in the wee small hours such was the level of their angst. That's his point i think. He feels the NRL has helped in some ways but clearly not enough considering the impact it has had on their personal lives. In his words he was answering the questions honestly. What a club man. Imagine having a mate like that. No wonder they all want to play along side him. Says it all to me. He is the reason the sharks remain together regardless of their on field record. Betchya none of that gets a geurnsey from the DT arse wipes.

husky65

Juniors
Many on here say ASADA have nothing. I say send the notices ASAP as some of us are sick of it. Innocent or Guilty we are in a time warp until this mess is sorted.

It is ironic that our shonky ness might be our saviour. No records means no traceability. The no smoke without fire scenario has dragged us behind for years to come.

unfortunately a few factors come into play, firstly ASADA, being public servants, have no personal accountability, so there is little reason not to push dubious cases and hope that they luck out.

Also working in their favour is the appalling fact that the process is the punishment, which, by making the whole process so drawn out, expensive and stressful to player and club that many players who have quite good cases that could be defended successfully will "cop a plea bargain" to get it over with while they are still in the RL age range where they can still earn a crust.

Isn't that what the RLPA is there for? What's the point of having a players union if they do f**k all to support them? Shouldn't the Sharks also be doing everything they can to ensure that their players are not suffering from mental health issues?

I personally think the NRL should be as distant as possible in all regards to the investigation[/QUOTE]

I can't understand that...

I can readily think of many good and obvious reasons the NRL should be all over All regards of the investigation .

When the dust finally settles hopefully NRL will monitor all supplement/diet exercise programs the clubs run,so that players can know what they are eating, drinking, rubbing on ,injecting etc is legal and safe ,and the integrity of the game they run is maintained at a high level.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I can & that is how it should be.
ASADA ARE the "drugs in Sport Police" .
Can you imagine the Police, Feds anybody throwing out a press release at thestart of each week in regars to which peole they believe might be criminals? & what the alleged criminals were doing?
its fuccjjkking insane.
The absolute earliest anybody should have heard about this, is last week when multiple athletes were given show cause notices.
At this stage, nobody at the Sharks should be aware of any investigation going on.

I think I see your point ,but I thought ek999 meant NRL should stand back,offer no comment,support or legal advice to the clubs or players while all types of shite are thrown at them. Abit like a Mcdonalds Franchisee being raked over the coals by health authorities for matters not entirely his own fault . You would expect the franchiser to be fully aware of all aspects of the case and be protecting their own people and product,and brand.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got a letter from Readers Digest. The postman dropped it on the ground.

I couldn't open it because it was too damp from the dew...

woe is me.

Quigs

Immortal
some interesting developments in the land of the slap and giggle down south

An official request has been lodged today with the Victorian WorkCover Authority for an investigation into supplements programs at nine Victorian AFL clubs.

The "request for prosecution" of the clubs, received on Tuesday, accuses Carlton, Collingwood, Geelong, Hawthorn, Melbourne, North Melbourne, Richmond, St Kilda and the Western Bulldogs of health and safety breaches. Essendon is already being investigated by WorkCover.

Spokeswoman Kate Fawcett said the request needed to be considered before the authority would decide whether to launch an investigation

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...o-workcover-20140617-zsb0k.html#ixzz34wfA2Mgl

Quigs

Immortal
I got a letter from Readers Digest. The postman dropped it on the ground.

I couldn't open it because it was too damp from the dew...

woe is me.

My friend Bec got one too, it had something to do with abnormally high levels of bourbon in her blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts