What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ash Graham Appreciation thread No # 765576586

Yes another outstanding performance from ASH tonight. Im not blaming him for the loss as it were a team effort. But my mate Ash doesn't dissapoint as we certainly got our moneys worth.

He is so full of mistakes that he invents new ways and techniques that we can all love and admire. New ways and techniques that the world has never seen before, Newcastle Have Johns Parra have Graham.We ask Ourselves how does he come up with these new Ideas to f**k things up??? He is a pioneer in this area, he is the Captain James f**king Cook of discovering new methods for f**k ups and yet true to his ways he is also humble in the way he goes about these things as he does not seek fame and fortune. As his only desire is to shorten the lives of Parra fans by adding undue stress and heart attacks. Thanks ash from the bottom of my tripple by passed heart.

I want to publish the Ashley Graham chronicles. Its an interesting read on his views on life, fame f**kups and fortune and he also gives us his insight on how he achieved his success.

The Book title would be called:

Ash Graham - How I f**ked it, My way.

Eels Dude

Coach
Ash obviously tries. I think tonight proved he just isn't up to first grade standard, it s a shame but that's the go. I don't think he'll get another go in first grade at Parramatta for a while and i cannot argue with that. New club, new opportunity, its just a shame he didnt capitalize when he could.

Parrasque

Juniors
how about when there was no dummy half on the last and he just stood there and watched johns dive on the ball.

he is really sh*t

fish eel

Immortal
I actually feel a bit for Smithy.
Williams was hurt, and Graham did the job last time he played, so I can understand why he was picked.
So Smith shows confidence in a guy, and he gets that type of performance?
How bad was that knock on in goal????

eelz47

Coach
and he did try to make up for his errors
he was doing quite a few hit ups from dummy half

the knock on in goal was tough. I was right behind it and although it may not have looked like it on tv, the posts really made it a difficult kick to judge.

i'm not excusing him, tho. just letting ya know :p

Grahams lack of punch when he makes a hit up is a worry. He is a softy. He has no strength and is easily dominated.

Once again Graham should not be mad the scapegoat for the loss as the whole team including Hindmarsh, Tahu etc lacked. Our forwards had no Mongrel in them which was dissapointing. We were dominated by a superior team on the night.

Andrew Johns just controlled the game perfectly. And as someone said before His kicking was out of this world and he showed Tim Smith that while you need to set up trys as Tim can easily do, You also need to control the game and Johns Killed us and won Newcastle the game with his kicking.

I brought this point up in another thread, Jake.

Have you seen our kicking over the last month or so? 3 bombs in 6 weeks, I do believe it is (and that is including the Roosters game!!!!). Every time Smith gets the ball he puts in a low trajectory kick aimed at field position. Now, these are generally good kicks, but they aren't what you are looking for when you are 30 or 40m out and facing an inexperienced fullback who has just come back from a knee reconstruction.

Our kicking game has become predictable and thus counterable. Thus, we are ineffective at either keeping teams down in their own zone or using a kick as an attacking weapon outside of when we are right on the tryline.

fish eel

Immortal
I've said it earlier - time for PJ Marsh to stand up and take some responsibility and pressure of Tim Smith.

Macca_

Coach
fish eel said:
I actually feel a bit for Smithy.
Williams was hurt, and Graham did the job last time he played, so I can understand why he was picked.
So Smith shows confidence in a guy, and he gets that type of performance?

Yeah, same. Ash played well against the Bunnies and Smith showed faith in him yesterday. Unfortunately he was let down big time.

Hellsy

Immortal
Avenger said:
Why the f*ck does Smith persist with this wannabee ?

Who would Smithy have played last night instead of Ash?

The kid has been going just fine in Ressies, played a great game against Souths a few weeks ago, why not give him the nod?
Yes, last night he did not play that well at all, but in Smithy's position who else would have been picked?

Stagger eel

Staff member
as mentioned earlier our next options would of been Inu and Hayne both 17 and played premier league last night, very well I might add.

Hellsy

Immortal
eelavation said:
as mentioned earlier our next options would of been Inu and Hayne both 17 and played premier league last night, very well I might add.

Yes I know that, but they are not exactly first options as replacements are they? They too have had up and down seasons in Ressies

Hellsy

Immortal
I don't think he has left the equation, simply Ash Graham played well against Souths, why would he not have been first choice (as Williams was injured) to fill the wing spot?

Agreed he did not play well, but Brian Smith is only human, he based his selections on previous performances

Latest posts