What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ashes squad

hineyrulz

Post Whore
one test match ffs. Hussey failed in his first test and turned out alright, Waugh took 30 odd tests to make a ton etc

Writing someone off based on one test is ridiculous

Now Rogers time has probably past, but as I mentioned earlier I wouldnt mind him being picked, was probably the best bat in the Shield this year
Waugh was thrown in at 20 well before he was ready. Rogers is 35, He has no upsize plus it's just a big step backwards.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can't see Watson having any impact in Cricket outside of Australia. He's a handicap, scratches around with the bat, doesn't have the concentration to be a genuine top 6 batsmen, he's a classier version of Warne with the bat. Plays lovely strokes, but you wouldn't bank on him to score a 50, let alone a ton, all that often.

And if he's not going to bowl, then he's nothing more than an ODI player.

Khawaja must play in all 5 tests. Stick with him, he'll quickly show his worth imo.

Last chances in this series for Cowan, Hughes and Warner. We can't keep carrying blokes who, more often than not, have us at 3 for less than a 100.

Bowling stocks have started improving, I'd dump Johnson though. Bird must play.

Timbo

Staff member
I really don't get you guys saying you'd rather have a young bloke thrown in.

Why? We're not re-building for an ashes series in two years, we're playing an ashes series.

If Rogers is the best man for the job, he should be picked. And the cupboard is pretty bare.

timka4

Bench
I really don't get you guys saying you'd rather have a young bloke thrown in.

Why? We're not re-building for an ashes series in two years, we're playing an ashes series.

If Rogers is the best man for the job, he should be picked. And the cupboard is pretty bare.
This, I don't get the logic. If we had a team like we did 10 years ago, then I'd maybe throw in a promising youngster at 5/6. But with the team we have now, we need our best players to give us a chance, experience helps too when our team has no mental tougness

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I'd certainly give starc a crack during the warm ups if he can control the ball he's a tricky proposition in England.

Red Bear

Referee
Rogers may just be the sort of player to set a decent example of how to apply yourself and score runs up the top of the order as well,somehting that's been lacking since Katich did his achilles

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Rogers may just be the sort of player to set a decent example of how to apply yourself and score runs up the top of the order as well,somehting that's been lacking since Katich did his achilles
Cowan has his spot, you can't have two absolute plodders up the top if the order. I couldn't care either way because I don't rate either of them. I just can't see how a bloke not good enough is now good enough at 35. May as well bring Kat back.

RHCP

Bench
I don't care if he's going to be around for whatever the f**k we're 'building for in 2014/15/16/17', if he's the best man for the job he's the best man for the job. I'd rather have a 35 year old score runs in 10 Ashes tests than have a 20 year old plod around for two Ashes series in the hope he might scores runs in 2 years.

He may not be the best man for the job and that's a fair enough criticism if it's believed he can't score the runs. But too old? Please. We need a player who can score runs right now, not one who can score them in the future. I think Rogers is a genuine option.

The obsession with potential over substance in all sports is stupid.

Gas Panic!

First Grade
The Rogers idea is very quickly growing on me. Rather than picking the kids with potential (the number of whom you can count on one hand) let them plug away in shield cricket first and see if one can put his hand up with a 1000-run season.

In the meantime, pick the bloke with 58 tons under his belt, and win the fkn ashes. I don't care if hes 40. Then pick the kids.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Hads should be keeping instead of Scissorhands so its a fair decision.

This however ?

However, it is a surprise that Marsh is the name on selectors' lips after the left-hander averaged just 19 in the Sheffield Shield last season.

aussies1st

Staff member
*Shiver* at Haddin as vice captain. And good God wtf is Marsh doing back in the picture.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
WTF has Marsh done to earn recall??? Oh that right scored some runs in the Big Beat Off lol. These blokes aren't serious, how do they make so many mistakes and not get called on their bullshit????

Horrie Is God

First Grade
1skiguy2.jpg

Timbo

Staff member
Invers has shown that he really likes doing two things:

1 - Picking 'bits and pieces' all-rounders because that's what he was. (Hastings, Maxwell, McDonald, Faulkner, Smith).
2 - Picking his favourite players. (Darsh, Maxwell, Wade, Doherty).

We are so utterly f**ked untill we get rid of this f**ktard who is trying to run the Australian team like it's his own personal club team.

My personal favourite is when they say Khawaja is likely to be out because of how much time he spent not playing cricket but being a non-playing member of the Australian squad.

31184737.jpg

Last edited:
Inverity is dickhead. Arthur is a dickhead. The selectors are dickheads. The entire set up at the moment will turn fans off more. All because its run by a band of a giant dickheads.

Latest posts