What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ashley Taylor

Iafeta

Referee
You’ll be alright with Arrow. He strikes me as a really good pro. Would be good no matter which club he’s at.

Perhaps on the other hand Gash thought it’d keep coming easy like it did earlier.

HowHigh

Coach
We've already seen what he can do. He has loads of talent. The problem is, we turn every young talent to shit. No players ever get better under us. It's a real problem that has never been addressed since our inclusion in 2007. I am honestly worried for the likes of AJ, Mo and Arrow.
I rate Arrow I think he'll do well no matter what team or surrounding he has.
AJ has been great at fullback, I don't know if Gordon should slot straight back in once he's fit. Maybe put him out on the wing

davi

Juniors
Broncs made the right call letting him go

This comment is misleading because it kind of infers the Broncos let him go because he was not up to scratch.

Broncos let him got because they had Ben Hunt who they were committed too and couldn't give Ash Taylor a crack in first grade. Hunt form later on became patchy and received a massive offer from the Dragons. Wayne Bennett decided not to match Hunt because he was confident he could lure Taylor back from the Titans. Titans then were forced to extend Taylor on a million dollar contract rather then risk Taylor being poached back by the Broncos because locking in Taylor was considered paramount at that point.

“If he interested in us and he is on the open market, I am interested in talking to him,” Bennett told The Courier Mail.

“I never wanted to lose a player of Ash’s ability. Sometimes guys only get one opportunity at this level and it wouldn’t have been fair to keep Ash Taylor stuck behind Ben and Anthony.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/ec1becc21d68c405663cdc353b190d21

mave

Coach
Credit where credits due. This guy looks the goods again. Holbrook must have a massive influence on these Tits players.

Keen to see how Ash Taylor and the rest of them go next season

It's almost as if they woke up and started playing footy once the season was gone, and the pressure was off.

Or maybe Holbrook just took that long to breakthrough to the playing group.

Im tipping the former.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Happy for the lad. Cops it from the critics and more often than not rightly so, considering we know what he's capable of. But always love seeing someone turn it around.
Lets hope he can maintain the rage.

davi

Juniors
Ash Taylor running game is now coming good. It's not just a matter of him getting his kicking and passing right, he's getting all his facets of his game going.

Titans should have a wait and see approach before re-signing him. Taylor has already indicated that he will have to take less on his next contract and seems quite content with that.

I also won't buy the rubbish that he's in contract year next year so its the reason he will aim up. I think Taylor has been trying throughout his time with the Titans. As one teammate noted if anything Taylor has been trying too hard. The weight of expectations with the contract was really draining any enjoyment he was getting out of playing the game. He looks happier out on the field and he's enjoying his football again. He never looked like that playing under Garth Brennan.

soc123_au

Staff member
I think having a compatible halves partner also is helping him. For a while there he was with Cartwright or Peachey, that cant be helpful.