What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asian World Cup Qualifiers

Misanthrope

Staff member
Bring in anyone who actually has a respectable track record. Hiring Joe Dutchman was a geniused move.

Misanthrope

Staff member
At full strength, we really should win any home games we play. Japan/Saudi Arabia will be the only real test at home, since we're being kept away from South Korea.

Away... I'd be worried if we draw too many Middle Eastern nations

Dragon

Coach
We will qualify. I dont think Verbeek is that bad. Tonight's selection was crap, but its good for the young guys to get a run i guess..nothing to lose.

Come September we will see a totally different outfit and the real fun will begin.

On a side note im looking forward to the Iraq v Qatar game later tonight, heartbreak for one team guaranteed :D

NK Arsenal

Juniors
To be fair, we played with an Olyroos team who put in a good effort.

This match wasn't about the result, it was about the young guys showing what they are like at international level.

Hopefully Iraq beat South America United tonight

fish eel

Immortal
Just got back.

I thought Kewell was a level above ebryone else.

Djite was rubbish. Too slow and was gifted a goal by Harry buy put it wide.

I also thought Spiranovic was good. As was David Williams when he came on.

Read some things about Zadkovich, he was good going forward, but really, anyone who has watched Zadkovich play for Sydney knows he is NOT EVER a defensive player, so why the f**k play him at right back?

If anyone doubted the defensive mentally on Verbeek tonight, one substitition summed it up for me. I made a comment after about 65 minutes that one of either Valeri or Jedinak should come off, to be replaced by an attacking minded player....so about 15 minutes later, Jedninak comes off, and Kilkenny comes on - a like for like.

FMD - chase the f**king game Pim you clown.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
If anyone doubted the defensive mentally on Verbeek tonight, one substitition summed it up for me. I made a comment after about 65 minutes that one of either Valeri or Jedinak should come off, to be replaced by an attacking minded player....so about 15 minutes later, Jedninak comes off, and Kilkenny comes on - a like for like.

FMD - chase the f**king game Pim you clown.

That summed it up for me - he's a f**king spastic.

A fraud. Pathetic.

langpark

First Grade
djite is one of the most overrated players around. This should have been a game to give guys like Carle and Carney a chance to step up, rather than fielding a Schoolboys+ Kewell team.

fish eel

Immortal
The match was about winning over fans in a notoriously fickle city for football. We failed.

they're already won over for the socceroos. I wasnt bothered about paying out my cash and seeing basically the olyroos. the european guys have had a long hard slog and probably only get 2-3 weeks off. I've no dramas at all with them not playing. Rather them not play than play and get a serious injury.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Dear me...the majority of the guys who played tonight are barely good enough to be semi-professional footballers.

It definately is a concern for the depth in quality we have in this country. I mean wtf was the go with that Toppor Stanley fella? He looked like he'd barely kicked a footy before in his life.

Misanthrope

Staff member
It definately is a concern for the depth in quality we have in this country. I mean wtf was the go with that Toppor Stanley fella? He looked like he'd barely kicked a footy before in his life.

In reality, that wasn't even a second string side. It was more of a third string side, given most of those guys are still a few years out of being regular first team footballers.

they're already won over for the socceroos. I wasnt bothered about paying out my cash and seeing basically the olyroos.

You're hardly a good representation of casual fans. You frequent a football forum, you have an A-League club, and you follow the code. I'm talking the people who went out expecting to see the Socceroos play and instead got to see the Olyroos play hoof and run for 90 minutes.

Mong

Post Whore
This Iraq V Qatar game is only marginally better then that rubbish earlier tonight..

Good to see that Iraq are probably going to lose though..

Misanthrope

Staff member
This Iraq V Qatar game is only marginally better then that rubbish earlier tonight..

Better for our chances, for sure. I'm much less worried by Qatar than I am by Iraq. Just a pity Syria conceded late rather than grabbing a third goal. That would have put them through ahead of a much stronger UAE lineup.