What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asian World Cup Qualifiers

Dragon

Coach
What a pathetic match so far from these Aussies. Toppor Stanley simply disgusts me. Arnold has a hard on for him but i dont think Pim will ever pick him again...

Misanthrope

Staff member
What a pathetic match so far from these Aussies. Toppor Stanley simply disgusts me. Arnold has a hard on for him but i dont think Pim will ever pick him again...

His control has been poor, but he hasn't been our worst. Zadkovich is woefully out of depth back there. One more experienced player out there, somewhere in the midfield, and we'd be controlling this. China have looked good at points - but we're just lacking spark in the middle. Why Bresciano or Carle wasn't selected is beyond me.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Foz said on TWG that the players were asked whether they wanted to play these players or go on holiday and most said they wanted they wanted to go on holiday.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I know Bresciano and Carle wanted to play.

FIFA really need to stamp down on this Asian play-acting. It's f**king pathetic.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I know there was no reason to risk our first line players, but isn't fielding a weak as piss side in front of 70,000 fans a little bit of a PR disaster? Particularly if we lose as looks likely.

Dragon

Coach
Its taken us 70 minutes to fire up, but the quality is just not there. Zadkovich pathetic, jedonac (sp?) terrible... I really want Djite to become the striker he can be, but he may never realise his potential.

Arnolds influence is apparent all over the pitch tonight. Good luck at the Olympics, these boys wont win a match.

And penalty china, gg Zad

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Modric would be proud of that :lol:

If we lose, this will be our first WCQ loss since 82.

We've had so many chances but can't covert them thanks to the diving commies.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Verbeek's fault for naming only one player with any real experience. Stupid call when you've got Australian fans coming out to see you. They don't pay to see sh*tty, pedestrian football like this.

Misanthrope

Staff member
f**king horsesh*t display from Australia. Yes, it was an inexperienced side, but how the hell are we supposed to draw more fans to the game when we put out uninspiring performances like that? What casual fan will go home from a 1-0 loss to China and want to check out the A-League?

Verbeek's selections might have been good for the long term development, but he needs to balance that with ensuring people in Australia want to come out and see the Socceroos play again. About 69,500 of the people on hand tonight will go home completely disappointed. A loss is tolerable. Long ball, dull football like that is not.

We lost to Iraq 1-0 in this tourney.

The record was home losses. We've lost dozens of World Cup qualifiers away.