What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ask LU - The relationship advice thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Springs

First Grade
Better get used to it. Women are hot and cold at the best of times, a complete headf**k at the worst...

Oh, I'm used to it...

In the last 2 months at least 4 girls have done it, luckily I didn't get too attached, not like the last one.

Cliffhanger

Coach
My relationship with baking is being reignited, so much fun, if anybody has some neat little baking recipes share them with me.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
lol the post was a bit blatant but i was responding to another poster :( booo

Can I say that if you follow howhighs recipe you might not get the most desire result you could :p

Cliffhanger

Coach
Back when I was 13 I tried to make macaroons, and when I saw 3/4 cup of sugar, for some reason I read it as 3-4 cups of sugar, let's just say it didn't go to plan. I haven't tried making macaroons since.

Red Bear

Referee
One of the first times i cooked i thought a cup of stock meant literally a shitload of the stock powder, not a tiny amount of stock dissolved in a cup of water.

Needless to say that meal sucked

TooheysNew

Coach
Tips are good. :)

I'll probs f**k them up either way though.
Assuming you're meaning macarons as in the filled shell things...

First up, the almond meal that you buy in the shops is pretty coarse for making macaroons. Best bet is to buy the finest stuff you can, and possibly even use the a food processor or something to make it even finer. The coarse stuff will still work, but it'll look more grainy. Our almond meal is also pretty wet, so leave it out for a while to dry out.

Second, use a f**ktonne of colouring. They'll be lighter when they cook. And don't be shy with the mix - it's not a meringue so don't worry about being careful to not take the air out of it.

When they're piped, leave them sit until they aren't sticky on the top before you bake them. And when you do bake them, keep your oven on the lower end of the suggested temperature. It's better to leave them in a few minutes more to cook fully than it is to have the oven up to high and wind up with chewy brown biscuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts