What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asotasi given permission to negotiate

MrT

Juniors
Asotasi given two-week window
June 9, 2006

BULLDOGS prop Roy Asotasi was last night given permission to talk to rival NRL clubs.

BULLDOGS prop Roy Asotasi was last night given permission to talk to rival NRL clubs.

Asotasi has a offers from Britain but agent Mark Rowan said after talks with the Dogs: "I've got until the 26th of June so
I'll certainly be ringing back a couple of people."

The Daily Telegraph

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,19411113-23214,00.html

Stagger eel

Staff member
we will definitely put an offer forward whether we get any where near what he's asking for is another question.

he's exactly the sort of guy we need in our team.

Utey

Coach
Come on over, he would be one of my top targets.

What would a guy like him be asking 250-300K?

thedux

Juniors
Has the mongrel that this side needs. Aside from Fui, we must have the most polite props in the comp.

Stagger eel

Staff member
<UPtheEELS> said:
Come on over, he would be one of my top targets.

What would a guy like him be asking 250-300K?

and some..

just remember St Helens have put an offer to him that could well be too good to refuse.

Gronk

Staff member
Fui and Roy up front would cause some damage. He's only 24. Lets hope he wants to stay in Oz for a few years before he chases the UK cash.

If we want to get serious about being a major force in this comp we need to sign blokes like Roy.

I loved the Drummer but Roy would be more than an adequate replacement for him.

Pricey

Juniors
I have heard on good authority he will be an Eel next year. The only stumbling block is how much the Eels want to pay him.

parra pete

Referee
Pricey said:
I have heard on good authority he will be an Eel next year. The only stumbling block is how much the Eels want to pay him.

Now that's a funny post. You crazy mixed up kid!!!! Are you Rex Mossop????

If he doesn't agree to the terms, how will he be an Eel???

Stagger eel

Staff member
Pricey said:

I do know that we want him, however if you see what St Helens are offering that may be more a stumbling block than what we're offering, I'd say he's England bound.

strider

Post Whore
NZ'ers don't seem to mind heading over the the UK too - they tend to chase the money - whereas the aussies generally wait till later in their careers (unless they suck)

Parra Guru

Coach
strider said:
whereas the aussies generally wait till later in their careers (unless they suck)
TAKE THAT BACK!!!

leikvoll.jpg

sooperdooper

First Grade
id love him here but as eela said the $$$ from England may to good...
i mean if your a kiwi and go to England u still get to play for ur country so it doesnt really change much

scottyeel

Bench
He will get plenty of offers, he's the best front rower on the market. Don't know if we will get him but we definitely need someone like him.

jayman

Juniors
me thinks after the jamie extended saga 20 pack DVD edition of events

that parra arnt going to be publicly targetting players... and used jamie-like to bolster salaries etc...

no bidding war for parra this yr... either u want to come or u dont.. and playing with the likes of hindy eric tahu riddell PJ moi moi jamie if he comes, and under hagan... should be incentive enough...

Pricey

Juniors
even though he does want to play for the eels the fact he has been offered so much money from England is the reason we will probably not get him.

Utey

Coach
jayman said:
me thinks after the jamie extended saga 20 pack DVD edition of events

that parra arnt going to be publicly targetting players... and used jamie-like to bolster salaries etc...

no bidding war for parra this yr... either u want to come or u dont.. and playing with the likes of hindy eric tahu riddell PJ moi moi jamie if he comes, and under hagan... should be incentive enough...

When you think about it, we are a very appealing place to come to next season. Bar all the dramas this season.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
<UPtheEELS> said:
When you think about it, we are a very appealing place to come to next season. Bar all the dramas this season.

I think we are far from appealing. Asotasi would have to be garanteed we will sign some more forwards of note. Because our current pack is very soft.