What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asotasi given permission to negotiate

The_Coach

Juniors
Newcastle rely on their juniors, not Hagan. As others have said it has been the way they do business since their inception, not just under Hagan.

Surely with the cap increasing we can offer Roy something he could be happy with for at least 2 years, then he can get the big cash from England.

Bigfella

Coach
The other thing of course is that they have had to retain some of the game's superstars. That itself limits the players you can attract.

I guess the converse point is that they haven't had to let go too many big names.

Kennedy and Tahu are the only two really, both of whom hurt them pretty bad. Probably add Adam Muir to that list also. You just have to look at the venom from some fans still towards Timana to see that they were hurt to lose him.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Bigfella said:
Kennedy and Tahu are the only two really, both of whom hurt them pretty bad. Probably add Adam Muir to that list also. You just have to look at the venom from some fans still towards Timana to see that they were hurt to lose him.

and at the same time they ridiculed us for signing him as a centre.

BD5733

Juniors
Let's not hold Asotasi up in too high a light.

Offloading - This season has only averaged about 1 per game.

Hit Ups and Mtrs - Has only been running about 10-12 times per game. Around once every 3 or 4 games he has topped 15 hitups.

Sure last year he was much better in all aspects of his game....

lucablight said:
Asotasi single handedly carried the Dogs pack last year. I would love to see him at the Eels but with our current luck I'm not too optimistic.

....although the Dogs did suck last year whose forwards were dominated regularly.

Regardless, after highlighting how this season Asotasi has been disappointing, I'd still want him to be an Eel.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Would love to see him come to the Eels.

I think we have alot to offer.

And if he likes sinking piss then he need look no further.

Parraren

Bench
Bigfella said:
Why rumour threads are unreliable:

then:

Mate would you happen to see any inconsistencies in your two contributions to this thread?

lol. Classic with BBQ sauce.

number8

Juniors
Just my opinion.

I rate Cayless, Moi Moi & Tsoulos. I disagree that we need an Asotasi at the Eels. I'd be happier with a high qulity player in the #6 (Lyon will do) & a Glenn Morrison type replacement for the Glenn Morrison void we'll have in the back row.

There is a few former Eels I'd like to see back here as well.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
BD5733 said:
Let's not hold Asotasi up in too high a light.

Offloading - This season has only averaged about 1 per game.

Hit Ups and Mtrs - Has only been running about 10-12 times per game. Around once every 3 or 4 games he has topped 15 hitups.

I haven't seen any stats to back this up but I'd say he's doing alot better than any prop we have at the moment, Fuifui included. He isn't as dominating as he was last year but he's still a very high quality prop who gets his team up the field and right now we're struggling to get up the field (we're also struggling to get the ball over the line too, but that's for another thread).

Even if we miss out on Asotasi, I hope we do sign a bloke like Poore because our front row needs help.

number8

Juniors
No inside information on Asotasi who I think is a fantastic player. just my opinion on what the club needs to be in the market for.

lucablight

First Grade
Asotasi is a better player than Cayless and Tsoulos for sure. With Stringer gone I definitely think we need a strong replacement. I can't really see why you think he's not worth it, especially with the forwards being a perceived weakness right now.

number8

Juniors
Like I said thats just my opinion. I don't perceive our problem to be a lack of go forward. Our problem this year has been ball control or lack of. The metres gained in games where our completions have been high the go forward from the front row has been equal to any other club.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Imagine having Moimoi AND Asotasi in our team. Two Kiwi forwards. Oh, and Cayless too, who is also a Kiwi International when on song.

We'd kill it.