What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attendances

Northern

Juniors
Assuming England reach semi I am sure there will be really decent crowd at The Emirates. Haven’t seen anything re Elland Rd semi. If England get to final will be near sell out.
On flip side, unfortunately bracing for a low crowd tonight and for game in Hull.

yakstorm

First Grade
So for the Finals we are likely to have:

Quarter Finals:
England v PNG at Wigan (25K)
Tonga v Samoa at Warrington (15K)
Australia v Ire/lebanese at Huddersfield (24K)
New Zealand v Fiji at Hull (25K)

England will sell out, unfortunately the next best QF to market is at the smallest venue but should go close.

Huddersfield I can see go OK if Ireland qualify and show promise against NZ in the group stages (less promising if it's Lebanon) and I'm not sure what has happened to Hull & Internationals.

Maybe 24K, 13K, 18K & 12K?

For the Semi Finals, England v Tonga will sell out Emirates (60K), whilst Australia v NZ should get over 25K at Elland Rd.

Final will be 60K+ regardless of who's in it and potentially will sell out before the opponents are decided.

So that's 200K+ for the Finals with some significant upside there if the other QFs & non-England Semi sell well.

With already 95K through the gate, 400K+ just from the Men's tournament is looking achievable and 500K+ a possibility.

bipolarbob

Juniors
So for the Finals we are likely to have:

Quarter Finals:
England v PNG at Wigan (25K)
Tonga v Samoa at Warrington (15K)
Australia v Ire/lebanese at Huddersfield (24K)
New Zealand v Fiji at Hull (25K)

England will sell out, unfortunately the next best QF to market is at the smallest venue but should go close.

Huddersfield I can see go OK if Ireland qualify and show promise against NZ in the group stages (less promising if it's Lebanon) and I'm not sure what has happened to Hull & Internationals.

Maybe 24K, 13K, 18K & 12K?

For the Semi Finals, England v Tonga will sell out Emirates (60K), whilst Australia v NZ should get over 25K at Elland Rd.

Final will be 60K+ regardless of who's in it and potentially will sell out before the opponents are decided.

So that's 200K+ for the Finals with some significant upside there if the other QFs & non-England Semi sell well.

With already 95K through the gate, 400K+ just from the Men's tournament is looking achievable and 500K+ a possibility.
Warrington won't sell out mate. they got 5k for nz v lebanese. it was a full nz team, and only 5k turned up.
cost of living crisis,
ticket prices,
freezing cold and prob raining to watch tonga v samoa.
football (soccer) on the tv if its a weekend game. sat or sunday....

its unfortunate...

Jack Deth

Juniors
yes @yakstorm
I think it will get at least 30k. fingers crossed.

The problem here is the huge cost of living increases. Which has taken lots of free money out of people pockets.

For many here at the moment its heating or eating. Add to that the games are all FTA it's going to affect attendances.

I'm happy so far, I think the back end of the tournament is going to be awesome.

One more thing the difference in ticket prices from the most successful tournament of 2013 to 2021 is quite significant.

Last edited:

RedVee_8

Juniors
Are there many Lebanese in the UK? In Oz I’d guess a bigger crowd for home vs Lebanese than home vs Ireland (and we are one of the biggest Irish heritage places in the world by %) but all long time ago I guess.