What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attendances

Wb1234

Referee
10K lunatics , i know i wouldn't be forking out my hard earned to watch Aust v Scotland in RL & Im not even sure I'd go if it was free

The Aussie women V scotlands men would have been a better spectacle
Tickets aren’t especially cheap either

and it’s in the midlands which is a weak rugby league area

this World Cup is tracking really nicely especially if England don’t choke

Gobsmacked

Bench
So for the Finals we are likely to have:

Quarter Finals:
England v PNG at Wigan (25K)
Tonga v Samoa at Warrington (15K)
Australia v Ire/lebanese at Huddersfield (24K)
New Zealand v Fiji at Hull (25K)

England will sell out, unfortunately the next best QF to market is at the smallest venue but should go close.

Huddersfield I can see go OK if Ireland qualify and show promise against NZ in the group stages (less promising if it's Lebanon) and I'm not sure what has happened to Hull & Internationals.

Maybe 24K, 13K, 18K & 12K?

For the Semi Finals, England v Tonga will sell out Emirates (60K), whilst Australia v NZ should get over 25K at Elland Rd.

Final will be 60K+ regardless of who's in it and potentially will sell out before the opponents are decided.

So that's 200K+ for the Finals with some significant upside there if the other QFs & non-England Semi sell well.

With already 95K through the gate, 400K+ just from the Men's tournament is looking achievable and 500K+ a possibility.
Let's hope so but I doubt NZ vs Fiji will get 25k or Australia vs Lebanon 25k
Probably more likely 15k a piece.

Already a great event. Let's hope for a good profit and good TV numbers to give the ndxt one a boost.

yakstorm

First Grade

Already a great event. Let's hope for a good profit and good TV numbers to give the ndxt one a boost.
Sorry the values in brackets are the capacities.

My guesstimates were further down of 24K (Eng v PNG), 13K (Sam v Ton) 18K (Aus v Ire) & 12K (NZ v Fij).

Wb1234

Referee

Biggest hope is it gives super league a push bc the game has been going backwards for a decade

Perth Red

Post Whore
That is a great crowd for a guaranteed one sided hammering a long way from rl heartlands @ full price ticketing. Yet still on social media the rl fans are still hand wringing about low crowds lol

Dark Corner

Juniors
This feels like the story of every RLWC, crowds are always talked up as expected to be much bigger and then end up disappointing somewhat.

Yeah I know we don’t want to devalue the game but we have to be realistic. Much better to have those games priced extremely cheaply to make for a better TV atmosphere.
2013 crowds were great for most of the games.

wain

Juniors
I struggle to see Aus v Sco get many more than that if they played in Sydney to be fair. Some low crowds but those big ones should make up for it and bring the average up.
could They do what RWC and Olympics did in Australia and use the big games to guarantee attendance at others? ie. Buying tickets to smaller game/events guarantees seats,or better seats, to the marquee games?

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
The pool rounds average was 258,869 across 21 games in 2013 (only counting the Cardiff double header once). Average crowd was 12,327.

12 games into this year and the total is 139,671. If the current average (11,639 per game) persists through the final week, the aggregate is headed for around 275k-280k.

Gobsmacked

Bench
The pool rounds average was 258,869 across 21 games in 2013 (only counting the Cardiff double header once). Average crowd was 12,327.

12 games into this year and the total is 139,671. If the current average (11,639 per game) persists through the final week, the aggregate is headed for around 275k-280k.
The average should be less given there's more teams and of lower quality, with more miss matches.
I think it's looking very much like a great event with all things considered.