What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attendances

Northern

Juniors
I have to say, that’s what happened to us at Headingley on the first weekend. Site said we couldn’t get three cheaper tickets together, so paid top price only to see empty seats in the £25 section. The more I think about this the more disappointing it is as I hear it being repeated at more games. It’s like sticking two fingers up at the fans, hardly transparent and leaves a very poor taste in the mouth. We are quite literally paying for a pricing cock-up. The game needs all the fans it can get, this has not helped at all.

RedVee_8

Juniors
Oh dear, I watched the 2nd half live and didn’t take any notice of the crowd. Maybe that is why.
It was a great effort by Fiji and deserving of a larger crowd than that.

Iamback

Coach
No matter the Hemisphere. RL loves to shoot itself in the foot.

If the government covered costs why not open up behind the posts with very cheap tickets?

Even kids for free works

Wb1234

Referee
Since the last RLWC, how many players from Tonga have come through? I only know of one from the Warriors who was on a rugby contract in NZ initially before the warriors signed him.

How many Test matches has Tonga played in Tonga since 2017? Yet everyone celebrates the fact Tonga beat NZ, GB and Aus once each....

Picking Kiwi and Australian born players with tongan heritage (like they have done since 1995) is not improvement. In 8-10 years when this crop all retire, there will be nothing to back fill. Similar situation to Wales from 2000 RLWC.

PNG on the other hand are developing their talent through the Hunters and establishment of schoolboy competitions. To be fair though, PNG have always been a Rugby League developing nation that never relied on the heritage rule like the majority of the Pacific nations. Fiji and PNG are the only pacific nations outside NZ and Australia that are developing players.

How long NZ continues to develop players is unknown as the game is on life support here and nearly dead in most regions.

There is no incentive to develop your own players to qualify for a RLWC. Scotland, Ireland, Italy, Lebanon, Samoa, Tonga, and Cook Islands are proof of this.
Why are you always moaning on these threads ?

I mean if watching the league World Cup bothers you go and watch the union friendlies (which lets be honest you probably did)

Wb1234

Referee
I don't know why they took that game to Hull . Hull people are aware of Hull.
What do you mean ?

hulls a rugby city

the crowds on the heartlands have been poor whilst the crowds in expansion areas or areas with no rugby league at all have been decent

discounting tickets has been a major problem in England for years

first they couldn’t sell out the challenge cup, then the super league grand final

the game in England will get a kick from this world
Cup though with the widespread coverage on the bbc

discounting tickets isn’t the solution

Perth Red

Post Whore
Only 7080 to watch most likely the game of the tournament
It’s weird how the English fans have abandoned the kiwi games this tournament. Especially given this is arguably the best kiwi side of all time. Both hull crowds very poor, I’m ashamed of my fellow codheads.

Perth Red

Post Whore
7080 , haha
soooooo much better then the 2017 shit show eh Krusty ?

oh wait.... 🤣
trust you to jump straight on to celebrate a negative, you sure you’re not a union troll? Noticed you made no comment on the two world record crowds this week?

dissapointing crowd but for comparison the same game played in nz in 2017 only drew 12.7k. The equivalent crowd in 2013 drew a very healthy 16.2k
Seems not many kiwis living in England since covid lol.

Latest posts