What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attn: Lampard Haters

Bumble

First Grade
Phillips said:
Owen...

is he even fit again?

i like Johnson but no way would he be in the top 10 strikers in the EPL

No one was talking about fitness...Owen when fit is a joy to watch.

Top 10 in EPL: Henry, Yakubu, Rooney, Martins, Bent, Berbatov, Owen, Anelka, Drogba, Johnson.

Dragooner

Bench
Owen is 100x worse than he was before he suffered the Real Madrid kiss of death. He isn't fit, he dosen't have that eye for goal he had when he played for Liverpool. He has lost his hunger and passion for the game and if you don't have passion then you will never be the best (or 1 of them for that matter).

Johnson is a favourite striker of mine but I can't put him in the top ten strikers in england.
His only problem is that he screws up too many chances.

Bumble

First Grade
fish eel said:
I wouldnt have Johnson in the top 10 either.

What about Peter Crouch??? lol

you haven't named a better one, you've just said "I wouldn't have Johnson in my top 10". So, who would you have above him.

Saint, he's better than Kuyt and Ronaldo is not a striker.

fish eel

Immortal
Better than Andy Johnson?

Our own Mark Viduka for one (not that I'd put him in the top 10).

Brian McBride is another. Very under rated imo. Consistant scoring record.

Beni McCarthy is another who I think is better than andy johnson, as is adebayor and now he is in ther epl, John Carew.

Bumble

First Grade
fish eel said:
Better than Andy Johnson?

Our own Mark Viduka for one (not that I'd put him in the top 10).

Brian McBride is another. Very under rated imo. Consistant scoring record.

Beni McCarthy is another who I think is better than andy johnson, as is adebayor and now he is in ther epl, John Carew.

Ah yes, Carew..the man with 1 EPL goal to his name. Lets give him some time to settle in the toughest league in the world before judging him, eh?

McBride and Viduka are good, but they're no AJ.

McCarthy is a good suggestion...he might bump Johnson out of the top 10.

Phillips, Kanu too may be above Johnson but it's fairly even.

Dragooner

Bench
Bumble said:
Saint, he's better than Kuyt and Ronaldo is not a striker.

Kuyt still fully hasn't settled in and that is why you are saying that Johnson is better than him. We all saw what Kuyt could do at Feyernood and he has done some great stuff for Liverpool so far.

C Ronaldo isn't a striker I agree. However, he pretty much plays as one at Man U. I consider him a winger or an attacking midfielder but really we are seeing him play as a striker at the moment. If I had to change him then Carew would go in because I beleive Aston Villa need a player like Carew and I beleive he will suit Aston Villa's style of play. If Carew failed in goes Beni McCarthy (stunning striker, easy going, always eager to get that ball in the back of the net).

Macca_

Coach
I'm a bit surprised that Arsenals leading goal scorer this season hasn't been put on anyones list or mentioned...

Robin Van Persie.

Bumble

First Grade
Macca_ said:
I'm a bit surprised that Arsenals leading goal scorer this season hasn't been put on anyones list or mentioned...

Robin Van Persie.

That's because I think he's more a winger than a striker.

Macca_

Coach
He's a striker mate. He plays out on the left when the Dutch employ the 3 up top system, but he's always been in an advanced role at Arsenal. Henry spends a lot of time scouting wide too, but he's not a winger.

Dragooner

Bench
Macca_ said:

Robin Van Persie.

He's in my list. (See top of pg 6)

nibbs

Bench
Lampard, what an allround awesome guy. Did I mention he is the world's best midfielder as well

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
nibbs said:
Lampard, what an allround awesome guy. Did I mention he is the world's best midfielder as well
S.Gerrard / C.Fabregas / C.Ronaldo / M.Essien to name a few are all superior PL midfielders to Lampard. Lampard is good in one situation - give him some space 18-25 yards out then he can be lethal. No more lethal than Gerrard or Ronaldo though and the other three offer a whole lot more in terms of playmaking and workrate than Lampard. If I was a Chelsea fan and the choice was Essien or Lampard I know who I'd rather keep. And yes, Ronaldinho was quiet in the WC. Lampard wasn't quiet - he was woeful!