What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attn: Mods re: expansion threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
That's funny! Whenever I touch bases with Tri_colours I'm sure we will have a chuckle on your assertions and accusations. Just hope some technical dude on this website can show how wrong you are eventually!

Ok, you go and touch yourself and have a chuckle

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok, you go and touch yourself and have a chuckle
You have zero grounds for an argument against Stallion if you keep responding with attacks, because he will respond in kind.

Which is exactly the same as what you do when he responds to your attacks.

Timmah and I have both been having a genuinely serious conversation in another thread with Stallion this morning and haven't resorted to abuse or name calling and he's been entirely reasonable and not been abusive in return.

Funny that. You give someone a bit of respect and return it in kind. Think about that.

Be the change or stop whinging. Those are your options.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
You have zero grounds for an argument against Stallion if you keep responding with attacks, because he will respond in kind.

Which is exactly the same as what you do when he responds to your attacks.

Timmah and I have both been having a genuinely serious conversation in another thread with Stallion this morning and haven't resorted to abuse or name calling and he's been entirely reasonable and not been abusive in return.

Funny that. You give someone a bit of respect and return it in kind. Think about that.

Be the change or stop whinging. Those are your options.

Go back through my threads with Stallion over the last two years before you carry on like a pork chop. They've always been respectful and stuck to the debate topic to be met with insults and his BS catch phrases. I've had enough of him and am going to fire back from now on.

So are you going to address him getting threads shut down? You are a staff member after all.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Go back through my threads with Stallion over the last two years before you carry on like a pork chop. They've always been respectful and stuck to the debate topic to be met with insults and his BS catch phrases. I've had enough of him and am going to fire back from now on.

So are you going to address him getting threads shut down? You are a staff member after all.
A. I don't need to go through your posting history. I'm dealing with now, because your thread was about now.
B. I have been speaking with Stallion and he has been making changes to his posting style.
C. If you are so annoyed by Stallion that you felt compelled to ask for mod's to help out, how does firing back at him actually help with your request? If you think that is going to solve anything, then you are completely wrong.

And if you start the attacks, you will be the one being moderated.

Great plan genius. Perhaps try and be an adult instead. If you don't like him, ignore him.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
A. I don't need to go through your posting history. I'm dealing with now, because your thread was about now.
B. I have been speaking with Stallion and he has been making changes to his posting style.
C. If you are so annoyed by Stallion that you felt compelled to ask for mod's to help out, how does firing back at him actually help with your request? If you think that is going to solve anything, then you are completely wrong.

And if you start the attacks, you will be the one being moderated.

Great plan genius. Perhaps try and be an adult instead. If you don't like him, ignore him.

Will this moderation of attacks be applied to all posters?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm not irritated at all. If that policy isn't rolled out for all posters then I will continue to respond.
It's not up to you to decide this. That's why we have moderators.

If you decide to ignore moderator instructions and contribute to the issues then you'll find yourself being policed, as @madunit suggested.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I would describe it more as sick and tired of Stallion than irritated by you.
I'd suggest finding a new or different way to interact with Stallion, or ignoring him altogether. It will help immensely - both for your own wellbeing and the discourse on the forum overall.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would describe it more as sick and tired of Stallion than irritated by you.
I never suggested you were irritated by me. I haven't tried to irritate you.

It appears to me that you are sick and tired of each other. Stallion seems like a reasonable bloke in the dealings I've had with him recently.

I think too many people on this forum go after anyone who dares to be different. Lets go back to basics.

Does Stallion provide a topic of discussion that deserves to be spoken about? Absolutely.

Is he trying to discuss the matter? Yes

Is he running about trolling people to get them pissed off intentionally? No. You may get pissed off at him, but that's because he can be hard to get through to, not because he's a troll hell bent on crapping everywhere for his own amusement. The tone of his posts suggests he isn't amused at all. He's not a troll.

People here give trolls/alt accounts more leniency than people who are trying to have a decent discussion about matters that are genuinely good discussion points. (not directed at you)

I've have been arguing against him, pleasantly and without any issue at all in the International forum today. He has responded in kind. No name calling or other nonsense. He's come round to a different opinion on one matter already.

It shows that he can be reasonable and he can be conversed with in a mature and responsible fashion. I'm not saying you have to try and converse with, moreso that he's not intending to destroy the place. It appears that he just wants a good discussion without the abusive crap (that gets thrown by both sides, no one is innocent here).

If you're sick of dealing with him, just stop responding to him. It really is that simple and it is very effective.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The same can be stated with plenty of your stuff PR?! No facts galore yet you will quickly give the boot out but not when you are the culprit! Lol

I back up my assertions with facts to make an informed argument, where facts dont exist I put it out as an opinion. That's the problem with you, you have no concept of the difference between the two.

Stallion

First Grade
I back up my assertions with facts to make an informed argument, where facts dont exist I put it out as an opinion. That's the problem with you, you have no concept of the difference between the two.

Cheap shots! Ooh that hurt! And I have provided articles, books and anecdotal evidence in plenty of my contributions. So stop being petty and grow up!

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I never suggested you were irritated by me. I haven't tried to irritate you.

It appears to me that you are sick and tired of each other. Stallion seems like a reasonable bloke in the dealings I've had with him recently.

I think too many people on this forum go after anyone who dares to be different. Lets go back to basics.

Does Stallion provide a topic of discussion that deserves to be spoken about? Absolutely.

Is he trying to discuss the matter? Yes

Is he running about trolling people to get them pissed off intentionally? No. You may get pissed off at him, but that's because he can be hard to get through to, not because he's a troll hell bent on crapping everywhere for his own amusement. The tone of his posts suggests he isn't amused at all. He's not a troll.

People here give trolls/alt accounts more leniency than people who are trying to have a decent discussion about matters that are genuinely good discussion points. (not directed at you)

I've have been arguing against him, pleasantly and without any issue at all in the International forum today. He has responded in kind. No name calling or other nonsense. He's come round to a different opinion on one matter already.

It shows that he can be reasonable and he can be conversed with in a mature and responsible fashion. I'm not saying you have to try and converse with, moreso that he's not intending to destroy the place. It appears that he just wants a good discussion without the abusive crap (that gets thrown by both sides, no one is innocent here).

If you're sick of dealing with him, just stop responding to him. It really is that simple and it is very effective.

He has been better lately, I'll give him that. Forgive me if I'm not convinced yet. Out of the two of us, there is only one that argues with and throws insults and multiple posters at once and it isn't me. I'm happy to give new Stallion a go and take a different approach as @Timmah suggests but let's not pretent that he hasn't been the poster that has derailed more threads than anyone else by a long shot.

Stallion

First Grade
He has been better lately, I'll give him that. Forgive me if I'm not convinced yet. Out of the two of us, there is only one that argues with and throws insults and multiple posters at once and it isn't me. I'm happy to give new Stallion a go and take a different approach as @Timmah suggests but let's not pretent that he hasn't been the poster that has derailed more threads than anyone else by a long shot.

You are absolutely off the mark. For a start you have accused me of using aliases as another poster. You need to apologize to.me! I'm hoping the moderator can back me up that I have never used another alias for comments. I had another poster name LJC a few years ago. But never have I been using any alias as you have unfairly accused me of! And while you are at it (if you come good) apologize to the other contributors that you don't regard as real people! (Tri_colours, Coastbloke etc)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.