What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ATTN Ribs

11Straight

Juniors
I was reading the tele this morning and noticed they published a little snippet of something you had to say about channel 9 good effort mate!!.

gregstar

Referee
LOL!
can someone tell me why not one of my posts is ever published, no matter how nasty, personal or vitriolic they are?

is this the end for nice gregstar?

11Straight

Juniors
gregstar said:
LOL!
can someone tell me why not one of my posts is ever published, no matter how nasty, personal or vitriolic they are?

is this the end for nice gregstar?
Nah mate just say something nasty about Eddie Maguire you might end up with a 2 page liftout.:lol:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It happens from time to time. Lazy journos and tabloid press seem to have something in common.

I got quoted once by the Sydney Morning Herald. I'm still waiting for the cheque. lol

The thing that makes me laugh is they rarely mention the source. That is apart from saying its from the evil 'internet chat rooms'.

Southernsaint

Staff member
James Hooper is another lazy journalist. I am surprised that Mascord would lower himself to scouring forums, but I guess that's what happens when you leave Fairfax for News Ltd...

Collateral

Coach
The pressue must be on when you are looking through internet forums for a story.

lol Gregstar I never get anything published either...maybe we just dont have what Hollywood directors refer to as 'it'.

Ribs

Bench
I was a little disappointed in the context they were quoted, that stuff can look bad for saints fans in general. To say it like I was trying to incite a violent act against someone from channel 9 is ridiculous.

There's a big difference between giving someone a verbal spray and beating up Joe the cameraman......

Saint 60

Juniors
lol...you wanna contact that woman on the ABC...she does a show once a week about the way the Tele channels and the papers stuff up ---

she usually tears them all new ones about they way they report lol

The Preacher

First Grade
Southernsaint said:
James Hooper is another lazy journalist. I am surprised that Mascord would lower himself to scouring forums, but I guess that's what happens when you leave Fairfax for News Ltd...

Doesn't surprise me at all. He's a pony tailed little chat that looks in need of a good TUB, and has a head like a twisted sandshoe.:crazy:

Hi Stevie :)

Godz Illa

Coach
This morning I endured the misfortune of 2KY's Big Sports Breakfast (car pooling - it has drawbacks), and the so-called issue was touched on again by Terry Kennedy, who referred to unofficial internet forums as the "scourge of society". I disagree - as far as I know, that honour still rests comfortably with talkback radio.

The Preacher

First Grade
It is TK you're talking about Godz. A good wholesome family man who wouldn't say sh*t for sixpence, and still part's his pubes with Californian Poppy.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Its a control thing. Only the mainstream media are allowed to talk sh*te.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
There are some decent ones offcourse, they're usually stuck out the back blocks of the ABC trying to provide balanced information. Meanwhile their overpaid colleagues (usually in the commercial networks) are reaping the benefits of acting like complete tools.

I swear that some of these so-called experts know SFA about rugby league... which is unfortunate becuase they probably had a handle on things once upon a time.

I'm not talking about opinion, its when they just start talking absolute bullsh*t and quite frankly, they embarrass themselves.

I'd rather read a typo-infested match report from a level-headed fan any day of the week.

The Preacher

First Grade
Willow said:
There are some decent ones offcourse, they're usually stuck out the back blocks of the ABC trying to provide balanced information. Meanwhile their overpaid colleagues (usually in the commercial networks) are reaping the benefits of acting like complete tools.

I swear that some of these so-called experts know SFA about rugby league... which is unfortunate becuase they probably had a handle on things once upon a time.

I'm not talking about opinion, its when they just start talking absolute bullsh*t and quite frankly, they embarrass themselves.

I'd rather read a typo-infested match report from a level-headed fan any day of the week.

DITTO

This Year?

Immortal
Godz Illa said:
This morning I endured the misfortune of 2KY's Big Sports Breakfast (car pooling - it has drawbacks), and the so-called issue was touched on again by Terry Kennedy, who referred to unofficial internet forums as the "scourge of society". I disagree - as far as I know, that honour still rests comfortably with talkback radio.

LOL I totally agree with you.

11Straight

Juniors
It's amazing it's perfectly allright for Roy Hardley and his bunch of merry men to sit around and sprout any old bullsh*t and that team is not on their own but the moment we fans,The people that make this special game what it is voice our opinion we are nothing but league satanists.

You know what,all you media trolling pricks can kiss mine and every other supporters arse if any person or orginisation are league satanists it's you bunch of news ltd soul selling arseholes.

Steel Dragon

Bench
Saint 60 said:
lol...you wanna contact that woman on the ABC...she does a show once a week about the way the Tele channels and the papers stuff up ---

she usually tears them all new ones about they way they report lol

Its 'Media Watch' - and they wouldnt bother with a dodgy hack who only does half arsed 'football' stories about what someone may have inferred online somewhere once upon a time.
Not a bad watch though

Latest posts