What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auckland Lions side to take on the Newtown Jets - Confirmed

Brad Joyce

Juniors
1. Patrick Kapi
2. Malo Solomona
3. Cooper Vuna
4. Todd Byrne
5. David Fisiiahi
6. Jerome Ropati
7. Steve Buckingham (capt)
8. Russell Packer
9. Simon Head
10. Wayne McDade
11. Scott Jones
12. Sonny Fai
13. Corey Lawrie

14. Isaac John
15. Leeson Ah Mau
16. Lui Toimoana
17. Jaye Pukepuke

ozbash

Referee
6. Jerome Ropati :shock: :shock:

WTF, HAS THE WORLD GONE f**kING MAD ????

EH ?

NZ Warrior

First Grade
JBro better get to know all the Lions guys' names, because that's where he'll be staying.

I can't for the life of me think how he gets a walk up start to the Lions' #6 jersey, don't you need to earn it first???

AliN

Live Update Team
yes interesting Steve moiving to halfback with JRo at standoff.

Some top quality forwards amongst that side. Should be a great battle with the Jets side.

Really looking forward to this game.

Hatzy

Juniors
Sanchez said:
can anyone specify the changes from last weeks team

No Constantine Mika out there. Vuna moves to centre from the wing. Wayne McDade starts in place of Evarn (Wayne was on the bench). Steve moves to half back with Ropo coming in at stand off. Isaac John moves to the bench.

And some others.

WHERE IS MIGUEL START! Last I heard he had a slight injury, is this still the case? He would definitely be in this squad otherwise - the kid trains fulltime with the Warriors.

Jesbass

First Grade
Hatzy said:
No Constantine Mika out there. Vuna moves to centre from the wing. Wayne McDade starts in place of Evarn (Wayne was on the bench). Steve moves to half back with Ropo coming in at stand off. Isaac John moves to the bench.

And some others.

WHERE IS MIGUEL START! Last I heard he had a slight injury, is this still the case? He would definitely be in this squad otherwise - the kid trains fulltime with the Warriors.

He still has a hamstring problem, I understand.

ozbash

Referee
well, there goes the JRo to center theory shared by some misinformed members of this board.

if cleary wanted to see him at center, he,d have con mika's spot.... wouldnt he ?

NZ Warrior

First Grade
I don't like the sound of this, eh. OB is right, I don't like the sound of that either.

Is this match being televised??? I can't see it listed.

Brad Joyce

Juniors
Here is the Newtown side to take on the Auckland Lions on Sunday.

1. SHAUN FOLEY
2. TROY SAVAGE

3. AMOS ROBERTS

4. SETAIMATA SA

5. AARON LAI

6. JAMIE SOWARD

7. MITCHELL PEARCE

8. WILLIE BROWN

9. HEATH L’ESTRANGE

10. DAVID SHILLINGTON

11. DANNY WILLIAMS

12. NIGEL PLUM

13. RORY KOSTJAYSN

14. GEORGE NDAIRA

15. DALE NEWTON

16. SHANE SHACKLETON

17. JAMES SHILLINGTON

18. ANTHONY WATTS

19. HEP CAHILL

20. GRANT MILLINGTON

http://warriors.sitesuite.ws/plugins/newsfeed.cgi?rm=content&plugin_data_id=18397

It looks a very strong side. This looks a much tougher proposition than what the Eels were last week. I assume Vince Mellars is injured, can anyone confirm?

Hatzy

Juniors
The centres are powerful. Setaimata Sa is a Christchurch boy.

How many Kiwis are in that team btw?

Brad Joyce

Juniors
Hatzy said:
The centres are powerful. Setaimata Sa is a Christchurch boy.

How many Kiwis are in that team btw?

Shane Shackleton (the ginger) is a Kiwi, he's the only other one I know of, but I'm sure there's probably a couple more in there.

Skinner

Coach
That is a strong looking team. The Lions will have go up a notch to take those 2 points.

Dam right, thats a pretty strong looking team !! It would be brilliant signs if the Lions got up for this one.

There's 7 or 8 names in that lot could easily be lining up for the Roosters at the moment !!