What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AUS TEST TEAM ANNOUNCED

wittyz chick

Coach
Ricky Ponting(captain)
Adam Gilchrist (vice-captain)
Jason Gillespie
Matthew Hayden
Michael Kasprowicz
Simon Katich
Justin Langer
Brett Lee
Darren Lehmann
Damien Martyn
Stuart MacGill
Andrew Symonds
Shane Warne
Brad Williams
Wade Seccombe

im surprised at Wade Seccombes selection and also no Clarke...looks like Symonds beat him to it either that or he will not play tests :evil: :evil: :( :cry:

SirShire

First Grade
Beat me to it.

But honestly, Symonds has earnt his spot there, and as much as I like Clarke, I think it is the right decision to see him selected in front.

Shame no Matty Elliott!

wittyz chick

Coach
yeah Symonds deserved his spot...im jst wondering when Clarke will get his turn also I see Martyn has reatined his spot

The Colonel

Immortal
Clarke will probably get a run in the Australian leg of the series. Symoinds is going across as he is similar to Colin Miller in that he can bowl off spin and medium pace - they'll use him as a change bowler and play two spinners plus two fast bowlers. I foresee the team being somewhat like

1. Hayden
2. Langer
3. Ponting
4. Martyn
5. Lehmann
6. Gilchrist
7. Symonds
8. Warne
9. Lee
10. Gillespie
11. MacGill

Seccombe will be playing the tour matches to give Gilchrist a rest.

Craig

Juniors
I doubt they will drop Katich. I still cant believe they keep picking Lee in the Test XI, when will they finally understand that is pace business in trying to intimate opposition hasnt actually worked.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Good squad, very suprised Clarke's not there. All that talk about him being the next Waugh and future captain, just suprises me he's not picked. The question is, when will he get picked. Symonds is more of a one-day player, he can slog em big time, but Im not sure about test cricket. MacGill and Martyn better lift their game in this series, otherwise they should consider themselves lucky to be in the squad. Katich deserved to be in there, heres how the 11 would be:

Hayden
Langer
Ponting
Martyn
Katich
Lehmann
Gilchrist
Lee
Warne
Gillespie
MacGill

Williams (12th)

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Craig said:
I doubt they will drop Katich. I still cant believe they keep picking Lee in the Test XI, when will they finally understand that is pace business in trying to intimate opposition hasnt actually worked.

His pace has improved since that test match, will see how he goes.

El Diablo

Post Whore
The Great Man has returned.

005542.jpg

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

wittyz chick

Coach
channel 10 news: Shane Warne has made the Australian test side at the expense of Michael Clarke...well if id hav known he wud hav 2 beat Warney i wudnt hav given him a chance :( so Symonds has taken Waughs spot

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Good to see Warney selected also a well deserved spot there for Symonds but i'm a bit disappointed they didn't pick Clarke in the squad atleast.

Seccombe was a shock too.

wittyz chick

Coach
hopefully the selectors r jst waiting 4 the rite moment 2 blood Clarke...if hes not in the side by the end of the yr then im guessing he wont b in at all :cry:

El Diablo

Post Whore
wittyz chick said:
channel 10 news: Shane Warne has made the Australian test side at the expense of Michael Clarke...well if id hav known he wud hav 2 beat Warney i wudnt hav given him a chance :( so Symonds has taken Waughs spot

That makes little sense seeing Warne's a bowler.

MacGill should not be in the NSW team llet alone the Aus team :evil:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Boof has taken Tugga's spot.

They seem to have a different attitude when picking test teams.

Katich had good test from but was clearly outplayed by Clarke in the ODI, yet they retain Katich based on his form, back when the test series was played, and ignore Clarke's current form.

ODI cricket may as well be soccer or some other sport. They treat them like two entirey differnt games.

When you have a class player like Warne, Hayden Ponting ect, they can clearly play both forms of the game. And how Clarke can be so good at ODI and left out of test teams, is very baffleing to me.

As I have said before, surely these selectors don't consider Clarke to ba an all rounder, hence only suitable for ODIs.

In any case we have a very strong squad.

It has to be if Clarke has been left out.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
El Duque said:
I actually think it must be Lehmann or Symonds that mus of been picked instead of Clarke.

Yeah must be. I wish he was included though it's just tough someone has to miss out.

choc_soldier

Coach
So much for Clarke being groomed as Waugh's successor... I hope he gets a run soon though!

Good to see Symonds get the nod too...

Red Bear

Referee
This is just dumb. Why the hell isnt Michael Clarke in the side, let alone the squad! They are getting rid of people cos they are to old then replacing them with 30+ year olds. Trever Hohns [-X