What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aus v Ned (Previews, Spoilers, Post match discussion etc)

mickdo

Coach
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
well , i think this team can go well, they dont have much pressure on them and Guus knows wht he is doing we might actually win the thing
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Macca_

Coach
Good result indeed.

BUT... We rode our luck and if it wasn't for Swatter we'd have been on the end of a hiding. We must do better in defence next week because we can't hope that he can keep doing that.

Result was good, performance not quiet as good.

Cammo

Bench
Macca_ said:
Good result indeed.

BUT... We rode our luck and if it wasn't for Swatter we'd have been on the end of a hiding. We must do better in defence next week because we can't hope that he can keep doing that.

Result was good, performance not quiet as good.

Guus was very happy though, and I think we did well considering who we were playing.

OVP

Coach
Great effort. I really cant believe we got away with a draw ... our passing was quite poor i believe but our defending improved immensely in the second half. Some of Van Persie's shots were crackers and Schwarzer was easily our best. Still great effort to hang in there a man down ... the Dutch wont be happy.

Macca_

Coach
Cammo said:
Guus was very happy though, and I think we did well considering who we were playing.
I'm sure he won't be saying the same thing to the lads in the dressing room. Wouldn't expect him to give it to them live on air...

Our defence was poor. Some poor finishing and options coupled with some brilliant saves from Swatter was the story really.

We did well on the score board yes. But we can't give away that many chances when it actually matters next week. We can't expect a top drawer save on 6 or 7 occasions from our keeper and expect to get enough points to make thee next round.

Cammo

Bench
cWo 4 LiFe said:
what was said?

He said that the Liechtenstien game is just a training game and he will use second string players. Better than the usual cliche's of "We won't take them lightly" and stuff like that.

He also was more than happy to disagree about how the game went and was happy with the performance in regards to Australia and he says it looks good for us.

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
mickdo said:
1-1 it is. If we play like that against Japan we are a very good chance.
Actually we didn't play that great, we gutsed it out in the end which was very encouraging but overall we were not very sharp. Alot of that had to do with the speed the Dutch had in closing down our space and time especially in their defensive half but also some nerves and perhaps some rust. Remember the Dutch aren't #3 for nothing. As it was if they were anything approaching clinical in front of goal the result could have been 5-1. Thankfully they weren't and Schwarzer to his credit was brilliant. We can now learn from this and take some confidence into the WC which was the goal all along.

Oh yeah what does anyone expect from Robben? Typical Chelski grub!!:)

Cammo

Bench
Macca_ said:
I'm sure he won't be saying the same thing to the lads in the dressing room. Wouldn't expect him to give it to them live on air...

Our defence was poor. Some poor finishing and options coupled with some brilliant saves from Swatter was the story really.

We did well on the score board yes. But we can't give away that many chances when it actually matters next week. We can't expect a top drawer save on 6 or 7 occasions from our keeper and expect to get enough points to make thee next round.

We also won't have a world class attack like that against us all the time either. I expected The Ducth to press a lot and create a heap of chances as that is how they play. The fact that we were able to keep them to only 1 goal (thanks to Schwarzer) is a great effort.

morri (cWo)

First Grade
Cammo said:
He said that the Liechtenstien game is just a training game and he will use second string players. Better than the usual cliche's of "We won't take them lightly" and stuff like that.

He also was more than happy to disagree about how the game went and was happy with the performance in regards to Australia and he says it looks good for us.

intresting to hear

girvie

Staff member
Japan only beat Malta 1-0.

So i think Australia is looking good at the moment. We will need a gutsy performance against Japan.

0neye

yipi yi yo it all sounds & looks good to me ON WITH THE SHOW OZZIE OSSIE OY OY OY ;:)crazy:)
02.jpg

Raider Ultra

Bench
Dissapointing performance, defending and passing was poor. Wilkshire showed again why he should never play for Aus, pathetic performance then gets sent off for a ridiculous tackle.

Cammo

Bench
Raider Ultra said:
Dissapointing performance, defending and passing was poor. Wilkshire showed again why he should never play for Aus, pathetic performance then gets sent off for a ridiculous tackle.

Tell that to Guus who was happy with the way the team played.

Were you expecting us to be as good as Brazil or something? There is a reason why we are ranked 42 and The Dutch ranked 3.

Macca_

Coach
Cammo said:
Tell that to Guus who was happy with the way the team played.

Were you expecting us to be as good as Brazil or something? There is a reason why we are ranked 42 and The Dutch ranked 3.
But for some poor finishing, poor options and a red hot keeper against them, the scoreline in favour of the Dutch would have more than reflected those rankings.

The 1-1 flattered us there is no doubting that. We copped a lesson in the first half and marginally improved in the second half. Guus will know that. But he's not going to go bleating it out in the media though, he's to smart for that.

That performance would not be good enough to get us the points we need in our Group. We can't rely on the keeper to pull off that amount of top drawer saves against Japan and Croatia. Both those sides have the quality to utilise the possession and create chances and we're in trouble if the defending is like last night.

Encouraging scoreline, less then impressive performance.

fish eel

Immortal
Macca_ said:
But for some poor finishing, poor options and a red hot keeper against them, the scoreline in favour of the Dutch would have more than reflected those rankings.

The 1-1 flattered us there is no doubting that. We copped a lesson in the first half and marginally improved in the second half. Guus will know that. But he's not going to go bleating it out in the media though, he's to smart for that.

That performance would not be good enough to get us the points we need in our Group. We can't rely on the keeper to pull off that amount of top drawer saves against Japan and Croatia. Both those sides have the quality to utilise the possession and create chances and we're in trouble if the defending is like last night.

Encouraging scoreline, less then impressive performance.

We gave them to much time on the ball.

But, you take Wilkshire out of that line up, drop Culina back, and start Tim Cahill, and suddenly the midfield as a lot more steel in it imo, its more bustling, and we'd be seeing people closed down much earlier than they were last night.

Macca_

Coach
Don't get me wrong, it was a fantastic result...

But on another day, without the luck we had, we'd have been smashed.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Wilkshire is the worst player to ever pull on our shirt.

What do you expect from a player who doesn't even start regularily for Bristol City. FFS.

Latest posts