What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AUS v TONGA @ Mt Smart Stadium // Saturday 20 October - 5:45PM (AEDT) 7:45PM (NZDT)

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Tonga really have to be laser focused on starting well and playing for 80 mins. The Aussies will be stinging after last week and they will also want to take the crowd out of the game so they will look to pile on two or three early tries and put the game to bed. They won't be run down like New Zealand and England (almost) were last year if they have a healthy lead.

King hit

Coach
The excitement and expectation in the build up to this shows how far international league has come since I first got into footy. Back in 2000/2001 the thought of Tonga giving Australia a contest was laughable but there is some expectation of a cracking contest on Saturday.

Matua

Bench
Strong Tongan team - outside of the halves and Solomone Kata. If Kata is defending on Mitchell's edge then Tonga are no chance.

Omegamanson

Juniors
Strong Tongan team - outside of the halves and Solomone Kata. If Kata is defending on Mitchell's edge then Tonga are no chance.

He's the centre for Fusitua as well so looks like he won't be getting any ball on Saturday night.. Ha!

taste2taste

Juniors

Any arguments if i were to say Tonga has the best forward pack in international footy ?

All forwards ( maybe not Sika ) can cross the advantage line with ease and find their feet for a quick play the ball. Australia wont be able to catch, hold and dance with these guys.
Its a shame Tongas spine is so ordinary and wont be able to take advantage of the forwards roll on.

Roo's by 16

Matua

Bench
Any arguments if i were to say Tonga has the best forward pack in international footy ?

All forwards ( maybe not Sika ) can cross the advantage line with ease and find their feet for a quick play the ball. Australia wont be able to catch, hold and dance with these guys.
Its a shame Tongas spine is so ordinary and wont be able to take advantage of the forwards roll on.

Roo's by 16
The Kiwis when all available might be in with a shot - they have a prop rotation of Bromwich, Taupau, JWH, and NAS with back up from Blair (when he plays well) Tapine and Ese'ese. Add Harris in along with improving back rowers in Liu and Fisher-Harris and I reckon it's 50/50.

mozza91

Coach
Our forwards need to be a thousand times better than last week. If we can get close to matching them in the middle Tedesco, Keary, DCE and Cook will have to much class for their opposites.

Valheru

Coach
I have a sinking feeling australia will win by 30 plus which will probably make this the last fixture between the 2 for some time outside world cups.

Billythekid

First Grade
I have a sinking feeling australia will win by 30 plus which will probably make this the last fixture between the 2 for some time outside world cups.

I hope it’s a closer match but I’d be fine with that result. I’m much more interested in seeing Tonga play against NZ and Samoa where there is a real rivalry.

Force

Juniors
I hope it’s a closer match but I’d be fine with that result. I’m much more interested in seeing Tonga play against NZ and Samoa where there is a real rivalry.
Theres only a rivalry between Tonga and Samoa, not NZ and Tonga. One goes back centuries, the other just a blip from last year.