What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AUS v TONGA @ Mt Smart Stadium // Saturday 20 October - 5:45PM (AEDT) 7:45PM (NZDT)

batley

Juniors
Comparing the 2018 form of the spine shows who should win easily today...

Australia Spine:
1. Tedesco - SOO and Preimership winner
6. Keary - Preimership winner
7. Cherry-Evans - SOO and NRL Half
9. Cook - SOO and NRL hooker of the year

Tonga
1. Hopoate - NRL regular
6. Lolohea - NSW Cup player
7. Hingano - NSW Cup player
9. Havili - NRL bench player

You were wrong last week and maybe this week too.The Tongan forwards should overcome the Aussie set and probably negate what you suggest.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
You were wrong last week and maybe this week too.The Tongan forwards should overcome the Aussie set and probably negate what you suggest.

Not many predicated Aussie to play that bad....happy to be proven wrong...no point having the fastest car on the track with a crap driver...

If Tonga let Aussie get out to a lead like NZ and England did last year they will get smashed...especially in the last 20 minutes..

jim_57

Staff member
Why does everyone keep suggesting Tonga will run out of puff in the last 20 minutes? They're not amateurs who train twice a week and spend the weekend sinking beers & smokes. They're not even semi-pro, they're full time pros mostly playing week to week in the toughest comp in the world, I daresay their fitness will be ok.

beave

Coach
Not many predicated Aussie to play that bad....happy to be proven wrong...no point having the fastest car on the track with a crap driver...

If Tonga let Aussie get out to a lead like NZ and England did last year they will get smashed...especially in the last 20 minutes..

I’ve noticed NZ fans of a few sports say ‘aussie’ when referring to the overall team. Why?

It’s ‘The AussieS’

Matua

Bench
I’ve noticed NZ fans of a few sports say ‘aussie’ when referring to the overall team. Why?

It’s ‘The AussieS’
Because they chant Aussie, Aussie, Aussie?

Because there's no 's' to designate a plural in Maori. ;)

beave

Coach
Because they chant Aussie, Aussie, Aussie?

Because there's no 's' to designate a plural in Maori. ;)

Right. So a chant sung by drunken bogan idiots is the basis for incorrectly calling the team ‘aussie’.........

The big issues here at LU...... :p

siv

First Grade
Now if Australia lose does it mean they get relogated and need to qualify for next years Pacific Championship ?

Burns

First Grade
Tui Lolohea looks abit out of shape, gulp

Atmosphere feels a bit flat, think there are some strong nerves going around the ground

Last edited:

Coastbloke

Bench
Does anyone know if watching it on the NRL App is a free pass if Telstra customer. I know it is for NRL but this being a Test...??

Munted

Bench
f**k me. We waited 2 minutes with time off while they decided if his arm was sore or not. Play on, and stay out the back.. Keep the game moving.