What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aust v India test series discussion thread

TheParraboy

Staff member
So what happens if Puppy and flipperhads are both ruled out of the tests Captain Teeny?

Captain Big Show?

Has to be Smith for mine

If they give it to the big show, im wearing a colourful turban and sitting with the swarmi army

8Ball

First Grade
If Clarke is out, it will be interesting to see who his replacement is. Doolan may get a lifeline with Watson at 4. Either him or Hughes most likely..

lockyno1

Post Whore
Don't discount Cameron White coming in, very highly regarded and there are whispers he isn't as much a long shot as many of you think. Has been very prolific in the Shield in the last 2 seasons.

Depends how long Clarke is out for. If he is back Boxing Day, they can cop 2 tests of Watson/Haddin (if fit) captaining. If it is longer I'd promote Steve Smith.

tomdl

Bench
f**k me. The likes of Law and Hodge would love to be playing these days. The depth of Australian cricket is not like it used to be

tomdl

Bench
Don't discount Cameron White coming in, very highly regarded and there are whispers he isn't as much a long shot as many of you think. Has been very prolific in the Shield in the last 2 seasons.

Depends how long Clarke is out for. If he is back Boxing Day, they can cop 2 tests of Watson/Haddin (if fit) captaining. If it is longer I'd promote Steve Smith.

Cameron White should never play test cricket.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Cameron White should never play test cricket.

I would have said the same 2 years ago as well, but he has had 2 really good Shield seasons and unlike many of the 'batsmen' we have, he is in form right now. We need to pick in form players. As I said he is closer than you think.

JJ

Immortal
f**k me. The likes of Law and Hodge would love to be playing these days. The depth of Australian cricket is not like it used to be

Hodge looked good the other night in our 20:20 comp :D

Doolan would have to play, surely - and Smith to 4 - either Doolan or Watson at 5, the other at 3. And possibly a new keeper...

The generation(s) with the likes of Siddons, Law, Hussey, Hayden, Langer, Slater, Hodge and others all missing out on test teams for extended periods were rather freakish, and not representative of how things have been anywhere (bit like the Windies through the 70s-80s where it was hard to see how anyone was ever going to beat them... unfortunately some idiots thought that was a genetic things, when it was just a large group of great players - as was yours... things change

Timbo

Staff member
Haddin and Harris are both playing the next round of the shield, so if we're without Clarke for the Gabba then I think the side almost picks itself:

1-Rogers
2-Warner
3-Doolan
4-Smith
5-
6-Watson
7-Haddin+*
8-Johnson
9-Starc
10-Harris
11-Lyon

My only question is who bats at 5? I wouldn't be surprised to see both Watson and Marsh in the same team though.

Warner
Rogers
Hughes
Doolan
Smith
Watson
Haddin/Hartley
Johnson
Harris
Sayers (I read somewhere starc has a groin injury?)
Lyon/Boyce

TheParraboy

Staff member
Warner
Rogers
Sunshine
Doolan
Smith
Marsh
Haddin
Johnson
Harris
Hazlewood/Siddle
Lyon

I reckon that will be the XI barring injury (if Clarke is out)

Latest posts