What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia and New Zealand Teams

Red Bear

Referee
Wings a better player than Bowen but bowen probly in better form. Wing can cover more positions but.
Mason WTF??? He shouldnt bethere. I woulda picked Baily in the side pending judiciary and ifnothim then perhaps skandalis.
Grothe shoulda been there, ahead of King i'd say.
Cooper, whilst Hodges deserves it on form, wont let anyone down i dont think.
Australia should win this match but must not be complacent

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
GoTheBears said:
Mason WTF??? He shouldnt bethere. I woulda picked Baily in the side pending judiciary and ifnothim then perhaps skandalis.

It's all well and good to say things but at least give a reason. Mason has outplayed Skando and Bailey so far. Notice the positions Wests and Saints are in?

Red Bear

Referee
Whoever calls for Tonga wtf?
Tahu isnt ina sh*t team either, damn unlucky one today.

However, good onya Beaver!

Red Bear

Referee
Timmah said:
It's all well and good to say things but at least give a reason. Mason has outplayed Skando and Bailey so far. Notice the positions Wests and Saints are in?
Cause of course the Dogs have been playing brilliantly this year:roll: Baily is the best prop in the game, unfortunately injury prone.

lockyno1

Post Whore
GoTheBears said:
Cause of course the Dogs have been playing brilliantly this year:roll: Baily is the best prop in the game, unfortunately injury prone.

Civonoceva is better!:D

jamesgould

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Mason is another prop and plays there quite regularly. Simpson will come on and replace a 2nd rower.

:-s So one of the starting props is playing 40 minutes then?

lockyno1

Post Whore
jamesgould said:
:-s So one of the starting props is playing 40 minutes then?

Yes, Mason regularly does it and Civo plays 50 mins+ for the broncos. There is enough props there.

Ghoulies

Bench
Grothe shoulda been there, ahead of King i'd say.
Cooper, whilst Hodges deserves it on form, wont let anyone down i dont think.
Australia should win this match but must not be complacent
Agreed. As much as I would have liked to have seen Hodgo get a crack, Cooper'll probably excel playing around such quality teammates.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
GoTheBears said:

Dogs are sixth on 10 points. Two point short of the competition lead. Given that no team is performing consistently above average at the moment, they're actually doing really well to stay where they are.

nqboy

First Grade
Timmah said:
You denying Mason has been one of the sides best players?
Depends on which side you're talking about. I'm aware of his form for the Dogs, he's been among their better players this season but there's not a lot of competition there.

One of the better players in the Aussie side picked? I hope you're not trying to say that. Joey, Thurston, Civ, Kennedy, Buderus, O'Donnell, Menzies, Simpson and even O'Meley. He'd probably be next after that lot. And most of those are forwards. And they didn't pick Price, who would be high up that list IMO.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Timmah said:
Dogs are sixth on 10 points. Two point short of the competition lead. Given that no team is performing consistently above average at the moment, they're actually doing really well to stay where they are.

Yes with a lucky 2 point win against Souths and a bye to your collection if I am not wrong!

Timmah said:

Tigers + Dragons are 2 points behind.

And you can't tell me that the form of one player, a FRONT ROWER, is the sole determinant of a team's success?

BTW I'm not espousing Skando's cause above Willie. Obviously he is a better player despite his abhorrent demeanour.

Tigers with Hodgo, Marshall, Prince + Farah will give it a shake BTW!

lockyno1

Post Whore
TV Ted Ellery said:
Tigers with Hodgo, Marshall, Prince + Farah will give it a shake BTW!

You left out the fact that Marshall can't stay on the field for more than a month at a time!

lockyno1 said:
You left out the fact that Marshall can't stay on the field for more than a month at a time!

Its a pity that he can't remain healthy for longer because when he does he tends to win grand finals.

lockyno1

Post Whore
TV Ted Ellery said:
Its a pity that he can't remain healthy for longer because when he does he tends to win grand finals.

Agreed thre and as a neutral supporter he is fantastic to watch.

Razor

Coach
Have you even watched a Bulldogs match this year? Mason has been on fire.

Have you even watched a Cowboys match this year? Tronc has been on fire more than Mason has.

Hellsy

Immortal
Well done to all players selected! :clap: :clap:
They will do their respective country proud this Friday nite...

GO YOU AUSSIES!!!!!!

xstasy

Juniors
HOLY sh*t! This is undoubtley the most biased team ever picked in the history of rugby league. Trust Ricky Stuart to pick 80% of the team from NSW let alone let minichelo play who has been one of the most woeful fullbacks this year. Especially when you have players like matty bowen who has been one the key factors for the cowboys succes. Hell, i reckon even Karmichael Hunt deserves a spot before mini that small tool. And Cooper, what a JOKE. Gasnier is a fair enough choice. Him and Hodges would've chopped up the Kiwis out wide. How the hell O'Meley O'Donnel and Simpson made it is beyond my comprehension. For f**k's sake what was Stuart thinking. I agree with everyone who said that the game is not worth going to. I'd rather spend the ticked money on a couple of slabs and watch the footy at home. Hope to see Stuart kicked out of the Aussie coach position sometime soon.

Latest posts