What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia and New Zealand Teams

lockyno1

Post Whore
fillapop said:
how about wing as a 18th man , if mini isnt ready locky to fullback thurston to 5/8 and wing gets the bench spot he deserves.

Bowen is better and is in better form!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Coastal Shark said:
One game tells you that! His previous tells me that he is an excellent centre - paticularly in defence. Okay then, Hodges previous rep games tell me he is not up to that standard. I know he will prove this wrong but going on previous.......

Hodges just needs to wait. Gaznier will go to yawnion and then his spot opens up. Same side centre. I pesonally beleive that Gaznier should have told the NRL what his future plans are and if he is going to yawnion then he should not be selected for the Roos. A lot of people will disagree but I think we need to look to the future. If Gaznier isn't the future then Hodges or Bell are.

Not just one game, look at hodges form all year. It is 10 times better than Cooper's and it is a joke that he is being selected!

Razor

Coach
Agree with most the team except

- Dump Cooper, put in Bell
- Dump Mason, put O'Meley in starting side, Tronc on bench
- Dump Tahu and put in Grothe
- Swap Hindmarsh and Simpson

Hodges could not be picked in the side after his previous poor representive matches. He has to prove himself at SOO level first. And the comments he made during the week made him no chance at all, even if they were going to pick him. The selectors and coach aren't going to be intimiated into picking a player.

Well, hopefully not all QLD'ers are as lame of supporters of the game as yourself. It's a pretty stupid reason not to go to a Test Match game. They are all Aussies and Brisbanites should get behind then and go to the game.

I agree, this is a Test match. Not QLD v NSW. During Origin time, the Brisbane crowd doesn't cheer on Broncos players in the QLD team more than players from NSW clubs in the QLD team.

A poor crowd simply tells the ARL, that the QLD crowd isn't interested in Test football and will reduce the chance of another match being played there.

thuganomics

Coach
Razor said:

Maybe
No
No
No

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
1. Mini > incumbent
2. King > centre on wing :roll:
3. Gasnier > Deserved/incumbent
4. Cooper > incumbent - not deserved. Tahu here and Hodges wing, or Tonga in.
5. Tahu > Centre on the wing? He's playing in a sh*t team and isn't playing that well.
6. Lockyer (c) > Yeah captain.
7. Johns > Duh.
8. Civoniceva > Yep
9. Buderus > Yep
10. Mason > Fo sho. He's been on fire this year.
11. Hindmarsh > Incumbent
12. O'Donnell > Good choice, looking forward to seeing him going around.
13. Kennedy > Yep

14. Thurston > Thank god.
15. O'Meley > Hard work has paid off
16. Menzies > Evergreen
17. Simpson > Incumbent

thuganomics

Coach
Teams with Australian players

Newcastle Knights: 3
Brisbane Broncos: 2
North Queensland Cowboys: 2
St George Illawarra Dragons: 2
Parramatta Eels: 2
Manly Sea Eagles: 2
Canterbury Bulldogs: 2
Melbourne Storm: 1
Sydney Roosters: 1

The wooden spooners from last year has the most players in the test team. Don't see that too often.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Razor said:

Hodges could not be picked in the side after his previous poor representive matches. He has to prove himself at SOO level first. And the comments he made during the week made him no chance at all, even if they were going to pick him. The selectors and coach aren't going to be intimiated into picking a player.

I agree, this is a Test match. Not QLD v NSW. During Origin time, the Brisbane crowd doesn't cheer on Broncos players in the QLD team more than players from NSW clubs in the QLD team.

A poor crowd simply tells the ARL, that the QLD crowd isn't interested in Test football and will reduce the chance of another match being played there.

I agree with everything above bar one of the dot points:

- Dump Cooper, put in Bell - Agreed
- Dump Mason, put O'Meley in starting side, Tronc on bench - get real. Mason has been our single best player this year beside O'Meley and Hazem.
- Dump Tahu and put in Grothe - Agreed
- Swap Hindmarsh and Simpson - Agreed

stevo

Juniors
Mate if the Broncs are losing the game you can see the supporters leaving the stadium before the final sirien. It's very noticable. I'm not a Broncs supporter but i still find this very disturbing. Can't say i've ever seen this anywhere else, cept the GABBA when the Lions are getting flogged. Must be a QLD thing.

nqboy

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
He (Price) has been ordinary as this year. He won't even be the starting prop for QLD this year- Tronc and Civo are ahead!
You have no clue. But then, we already knew that from your other posts.

Razor said:

Exactly Razor, and Bennett didn't help either with his ongoing little tiff with Stuart. Speaking to the media when it suits. I actually think that they are both related.

nqboy

First Grade
stevo said:
Well, hopefully not all QLD'ers are as lame of supporters of the game as yourself. It's a pretty stupid reason not to go to a Test Match game. They are all Aussies and Brisbanites should get behind then and go to the game.
Unlike the Sydney-ites?

Front-Rower

First Grade
thuganomics said:
Teams with Australian players

Newcastle Knights: 3
Brisbane Broncos: 2
North Queensland Cowboys: 2
St George Illawarra Dragons: 2
Parramatta Eels: 2
Manly Sea Eagles: 2
Canterbury Bulldogs: 2
Melbourne Storm: 1
Sydney Roosters: 1

The wooden spooners from last year has the most players in the test team. Don't see that too often.

And the defending premiers have 0...pretty strange. But then again the same thing happened with the tri-nations tour with only Prince being picked.

I'd feel a bit down if I were Robbie Farah or Ben Galea too be honest......

But moving forward to the kiwi team, I think they have a good chance of beating this Australian team again. Mason in the starting line up ahead of O'Mealy please come on....Matt Cooper in the centres is a bit worrying where is Hodges?? But apart from that it will be tight but the Kiwis in saying this have a great chance.

Latest posts