What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia and New Zealand Teams

salivor

First Grade
Razor said:
Agree with most the team except

- Dump Cooper, put in Bell
- Dump Mason, put O'Meley in starting side, Tronc on bench
- Dump Tahu and put in Grothe
- Swap Hindmarsh and Simpson

Hodges could not be picked in the side after his previous poor representive matches. He has to prove himself at SOO level first. And the comments he made during the week made him no chance at all, even if they were going to pick him. The selectors and coach aren't going to be intimiated into picking a player.

Hodges has been in better form that Bell, simple as that. You state that Hodges shouldn't be picked because of a couple of bad rep performances yet you'd select Bell who has zero rep experience. Go figure.

Have you even watched a Bulldogs match this year? Mason has been on fire.

Have you even watched an Eels match this year? Tahu has been on fire, if anyone needs to be dropped for Grothe Jnr then it has to be King.

Razor said:
A poor crowd simply tells the ARL, that the QLD crowd isn't interested in Test football and will reduce the chance of another match being played there.

About 25000 tickets have already been sold, that's no better than what Sydney has done after years of regular test matches. On top of the 30-35k crowd that Brisbane got last year, if they only draw that much this year (which would be a dissapointment as this should really be drawing in excess of 45k) it'll just tell the ARL that Qld still cares more about Test Match football than Sydney has over the years.

nqboy

First Grade
Timmah said:
1. Mini > incumbent
2. King > centre on wing :roll:
3. Gasnier > Deserved/incumbent
4. Cooper > incumbent - not deserved. Tahu here and Hodges wing, or Tonga in.
5. Tahu > Centre on the wing? He's playing in a sh*t team and isn't playing that well.
6. Lockyer (c) > Yeah captain.
7. Johns > Duh.
8. Civoniceva > Yep
9. Buderus > Yep
10. Mason > Fo sho. He's been on fire this year.
11. Hindmarsh > Incumbent
12. O'Donnell > Good choice, looking forward to seeing him going around.
13. Kennedy > Yep

14. Thurston > Thank god.
15. O'Meley > Hard work has paid off
16. Menzies > Evergreen
17. Simpson > Incumbent
A fair summation looking through one blue and white eye.

salivor

First Grade
stevo said:
Mate if the Broncs are losing the game you can see the supporters leaving the stadium before the final sirien. It's very noticable. I'm not a Broncs supporter but i still find this very disturbing. Can't say i've ever seen this anywhere else, cept the GABBA when the Lions are getting flogged. Must be a QLD thing.

Are you kidding me? You see this just about every round when a home team no longer has a shot of winning or is getting flogged.

lockyno1

Post Whore
nqboy said:
You have no clue. But then, we already knew that from your other posts.

Why? Do you HONESTLY think Price is in the top 3 props this year? I doubt it. Plus Tronc has been playing awesome footy. Hence a Civonoceva-Tronc STARTING props for QLD. That could change but on form price would be lucky to be 4th-5th.

nqboy

First Grade
I worry that Mason won't want to do the tough stuff. He likes to run off the back of O'Meley's best work, when the defence is backpedalling. I reckon we might be one genuine prop short and for mine it would be Price, starting, with Shrek adding impact when he subs on for Civ.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
lockyno1 said:
Why? Do you HONESTLY think Price is in the top 3 props this year? I doubt it. Plus Tronc has been playing awesome footy. Hence a Civonoceva-Tronc STARTING props for QLD. That could change but on form price would be lucky to be 4th-5th.

:lol::lol: Stop, please! You're killing me!

PARANoIR

Bench
Its a good side. The main exclusion that surprised me was Steve Price. The rest is pretty good.

Whoever said Mason doesn't deserve to be there is an idiot.

nqboy

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
A. Yes. top 2 actually. He and Civ.
B. Wrong. I watch Tronca Truck every week and he's not even in my Origin side at this stage.

Dakink

Bench
Quick question as I didnt get to see all the Dragons game - Why no Luke Bailey, I realise he is on report but did he get injured again?

His game last week showed he is one of the best props running around.

lockyno1

Post Whore
nqboy said:
A. Yes. top 2 actually. He and Civ.
B. Wrong. I watch Tronca Truck every week and he's not even in my Origin side at this stage.

Top 2? This year, somehow I doubt it very much. Good player no doubt but not in form. Tronc will be in the origin side it is just whether he starts or not.

PARANoIR

Bench
lockyno1 said:
This year Civonoceva, Bailey (when he has played), O'Meley, Mason, Tronc have all been better.

Civo, yes.
Bailey - exactly, how oftens he played?
O'Meley - yes.
Mason - he plays second row, so he doesn't count.
Tronc - Hes been good, but not THAT good. He'll wear an Origin jersey, but Price will start im affraid.

salivor

First Grade
Ghoulies said:
We actually got 40k+.

Your correct, just looked it up: 40,317. No reason that this match won't push that mark again this year.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the last time Sydney hit 30,000 was against NZ way back in 1999. Theres only one city the ARL know doesn't care about Test Match football and it aint Brisbane.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
nqboy said:
A fair summation looking through one blue and white eye.

You denying Mason has been one of the sides best players?

lockyno1

Post Whore
PARANoIR said:
Civo, yes.
Bailey - exactly, how oftens he played?
O'Meley - yes.
Mason - he plays second row, so he doesn't count.
Tronc - Hes been good, but not THAT good. He'll wear an Origin jersey, but Price will start im affraid.

Bailey has been just as good as Price has and he has hardly played this year. His metres are good. Mason does count as he is a prop/2nd row. Price may start, I would have Tronc starting though!

Kris_man

Bench
This whole "form" thing, you can only take it so far. If it was picked completely on form, you'd probably have Alan Tongue or Lance Thompson in there, because I don't think Hindmarsh has played to their standard in 2006. You've got to strike a balance between incumbency and form. That stuff Colin Love said about picking on form was pure rhetoric.

How can Tahu be dissed?? He's the only three-quarter in the side who's looked dangerous in the past two rounds, plus he's got good rep experience. Common sense selection. No way would I have picked Matt King though- I really rate the guy but he needs to play himself into some form imo. Hodges to the centres, shift Cooper to the wing. Too easy!

JJ

Immortal
Mason at prop is a surprise - Bailey's hurt? I'd have thought Price would have got it.

Must say I don't see anything in O'Donnell - if Mason, Simpson, Menzies, Ryan and Fitzgibbon aren't all better 2nd rowers, I'm not here

Hodges a but unlucky too