What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia and New Zealand withdraw from RLWC

stryker

First Grade
Speaking of which:

Yeah - just like every player at the Euros contracted Covid when they were flying between countries all across Europe.

I can't even begin to describe how stupid this headline and article is. I'm just so relieved that rugby union players and cricketers are immune.
First of all, that article was written by a drunk who has very low respect amongst NRL fans. He is a known liar.
Second, look at the replies. Everyone is calling him out.

Are the national union teams from New Zealand and Australia still going to the UK this October?
RU is an international based sport. the 2000 RLWC made a huge loss. I've read that the 2017 WC didn't make much money, where are the accounts for that? The 2019 RUWC apparently made 57 million quid. As I've said before, we should have a WC that is over 4 years as they used to be in the 80's. The health risk for RL staff, players and their families who they might give it too when they return from slightly is not worth it. The Wallabies are only up here for three matches, and they will be looked after better than what the 'Roos will be looked after. I've seen the hotels the 'Roos have stayed in over the years, and where they have trained, the RU teams have stayed and trained at higher quality places. Also how much isolating have the Wallabies been doing recently?

FearTheVee!

Juniors
First of all, that article was written by a drunk who has very low respect amongst NRL fans. He is a known liar.
Second, look at the replies. Everyone is calling him out.
It’s not about the below the line replies though is it? It’s about the blatant misinformation campaign being run to support and validate a selfish standpoint. There are plenty lapping it up and this is clearly what they are peddling to the players.

FearTheVee!

Juniors
RU is an international based sport. the 2000 RLWC made a huge loss. I've read that the 2017 WC didn't make much money, where are the accounts for that? The 2019 RUWC apparently made 57 million quid. As I've said before, we should have a WC that is over 4 years as they used to be in the 80's. The health risk for RL staff, players and their families who they might give it too when they return from slightly is not worth it. The Wallabies are only up here for three matches, and they will be looked after better than what the 'Roos will be looked after. I've seen the hotels the 'Roos have stayed in over the years, and where they have trained, the RU teams have stayed and trained at higher quality places. Also how much isolating have the Wallabies been doing recently?
You do understand the 2000 World Cup was 21 years ago right?

LeagueXIII

First Grade
What crap

Speaking of which:

Yeah - just like every player at the Euros contracted Covid when they were flying between countries all across Europe.

I can't even begin to describe how stupid this headline and article is. I'm just so relieved that rugby union players and cricketers are immune.
They should name names, but they won't as they are cowards

You talk absolute crap

About the Superior hotels the kick and clap teams will be staying in
Quiet obvious you are a 100% fan of the game that got into bed with Nazis and are here to troll
No. You need to study WWII a little more. There are two sides to every story. In the past RU teams have usually stayed in more expensive hotels. We're in a pandemic, Oz is in a state of panic I suppose.

FearTheVee!

Juniors
No. You need to study WWII a little more. There are two sides to every story. In the past RU teams have usually stayed in more expensive hotels. We're in a pandemic, Oz is in a state of panic I suppose.
We are in a pandemic. Yet I spent yesterday wandering around, going to the shops, spending a couple of hours with mates in the pub, living my life as normal. I'm double jabbed and the vaccination programme rolls on.

Come World Cup time Covid in the UK is likely to be well and truly under control - it pretty much already is. All the players need to do is get a couple of jabs - the ones happy to do that will be put to no real risk whatsoever in a bubbled environment in the UK. They're more likely to hurt themselves cooking or doing DIY at home in their off season.

It's not an issue. It's a convenient cover.

Last edited:
as has been said before, so we're gonna put the players into a bubble up here too? I'm thinking about the mental health of the players. We're in a war. This thing is not over.

FearTheVee!

Juniors
as has been said before, so we're gonna put the players into a bubble up here too? I'm thinking about the mental health of the players. We're in a war. This thing is not over.
We're really not in a war.

Unless the war you mean is getting an injection and getting on with your life, in which case it's not much of a war is it? The vaccines have changed everything in the UK - the NRL just don't want to acknowledge that.