What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia V england

Bob8

Juniors
incredible_holc said:
GB are going to get nailed next week with an aussie ref, there is no doubt they stayed in the game because of the Pommy ref.

You mean the ref who sent off Morley? Behave yourself.

Bob8

Juniors
Blimey, you're a hard lot to please, and you accuse us Poms of whinging.

There are a few honourable exceptions, however most of you have just seen a great game of rugby league and are complaining.

The ref was fine, the distance back has been shown to be pretty much the same and he sent off a GB player after twelve seconds. WHat more so you want?

You won, so cheer up. GB looked better which means that international league is in the best shape it's been in since most of us were born and the next two matches should be corkers.

Mango, eh? The passion, speed and skills on display were so much better than anything the RWC has produced so far that I worry about you. I say this as a rugby union fan, are you sure you haven't been confused.

This is a time to be happy, just smile!

yakstorm

First Grade
deluded pom? said:
yakstorm said:
JasonE said:
Moffo, the new stadium in Hull is amazing and the intimidating atmosphere next week will make Suncorp Stadium look and sound like an afternoon tea party.

Yes from what I've been told from people who have been to Hull games, their fans will be foaming at the mouth, Mander will possibly think it is raining, even if it is a clear sky.

Come on we aren`t that bad .Are we ????

LOL mate, just abit of tongue and cheek, you are well known for being passionate fans and sometimes seeming abit fantatical. Don't worry we all know you are normal, but hey if you want to try and freak out the Kangaroos I think everyone will thank you.

mikdalton

Juniors
I went the game, my first ever ashes game and it was amazing. I was on the front row exactly next to the fight and where Horne dropped the ball. As for the RahgbyWC, the closest we got to a mexican wave was Morleys swinging arm! :D

As for the game, I definately subscribe to the view that no Morley helped us. GB at any sport are never good as favourites or near favourites. Look at the Eng buggers XV side at the mo, theyre pants. Also look at the soccer team against Argentina were great, play us against Macedonia though...... All we've heard is how many players are out and seen how poor Aus have been against other teams. Its hard not to believe the hype. The Morley incident put the underdog firmly back in us and put us on the back foot. I believe without it the aussies would have got a couple of early tries and we'd have been in trouble.

As for the game, I thought Wing and Kimmorley won it for you. Wing didn't get it much but when he did we just couldn't cope. I don't remember the 10 being a problem. Morely should have been sinbinned, it was a heated ashes test and should have been given time to cool down. We'd have won if this had have happenned, it would got the underdog back in us and then got us on equal terms again.

As for next week, I honestly think it will be Aus by 16. An aussie ref and again we'll think it ours for the taking and it won't be. Things like the flop and then 10 will be too strict for us.

The KC stadium has been getting amazing reviews. The acoustics are supposedly one of the best in any stadium which is why its so good. Every fan Ive heard who's gone an away game there has said its amazing. Heres a preview anyway. Ones of the front the other is of the much bigger side kind of.

04.jpg

07.jpg

flatcap

Juniors
yakstorm said:
The second game is at Hull though, so I think the Aussie ref may just let a bit slide by both sides.

And before you think 'Oh its just Hull', if you go there, you will see a packed stadium full of them, will be extremely intimidating.

and I can't wait. get beered up and give the aussies the ref, kearns or whoever it was who got decked by morley (back on his feet soon as morley was sent off, nob) loads of sh1t. the atmosphere will be electric...

flatcap

Juniors
info on the 2nd test venue, been sold out for months with touts selling tickets at 200 quid a pop. They've also set up a viewing area near the stadium for 10000 people to watch on big screens. COME ON GB!!!!!!

www.kcstadium.co.uk

iggy plop

First Grade
Mango said:
I thought the League attempt at an international match was well below par. Australia sent it's third 13 to play the Poms best 12. :idea: :twisted:

Lockyer, Fitzgibbon, Webcke, Mini, Hegarty Kearns?? Third 13? I think these fellas would quite easily make out first 13 you sad arsed toff-ball troll.

Poms = No Cunningham and Morley - two of their best players.

iggy plop

First Grade
Mango said:
I thought the League attempt at an international match was well below par. Australia sent it's third 13 to play the Poms best 12. plenty of dropped ball, no real skills shown in the contest for the restart from tackle, try or infringement. Scores were close but that was due to lack of either side to capitalise on the ample weaknesses of the opposition. Any of the quater finalists at the RWC would have put 50 points on either of the league outfits. I know truth is hard to swallow but until you face facts you will not get out of the north of England or a couple of cities in OZ. :idea: :twisted:

Toff-ball = the number one sport in only ONE decent sized country in the world (NZ). Wales is equal soccer and union, while in all other yawnion countries, the game, especially at a domestic level, is treated as second-rate. How many countries at this world cup would actually give a f**k about yawnion? USA? no. Italy?no. Canada? no. Black South Africa? no. Namibia? no. Geogia? no. Uruguay? no. Romania? no. Argentina? no.

YAwnion a real world game?

f**k off!!

I like that quote by one of the journos saying if Johnny Wilkinson walked down your average street in england 9 out of 10 people wouldn't have a clue who he was.

Suck on Mango, Mong!!

Paul-The-Cowboy

Juniors
wounded magpie said:
Paul,

If Anderson picks the same team and you guys keep 13 on the field, it may happen next week
i know and that's the annoying thing...i haven't got tickets for the hull test :cry:

last night's game was a cracker, it's really set up the game for next week and hopefully fired up the gb boys. c'mon britain!

Dover

Juniors
iggy plop said:
Mango said:
I thought the League attempt at an international match was well below par. Australia sent it's third 13 to play the Poms best 12. :idea: :twisted:

Lockyer, Fitzgibbon, Webcke, Mini, Hegarty Kearns?? Third 13? I think these fellas would quite easily make out first 13 you sad arsed toff-ball troll.

Kearns would not start if Ryles and/or Luke Bailey were there - he would be on the bench though.

So really, you've outined 5 players from a starting 13 that would be in the team and suggest that it's not second or third string???

8 top players out of a team is a massive chunk

legend

Coach
Gees there are some people here who are hard to please. So what if we had some players out injured? Some of the players picked are in the best form of their careers. Gower would have made the squad regardless of who was injured.

There really isn't much sperating the elite players in the NRL.

Mango, you are a twit. Maybe Scotland would have put 50 points on the Kangaroos if they were playing union but to suggest there was no real skill shown suggest you are a narrow minded union git who has not place frequenting a league forum denigrating our game. Did you see the pass from Kimmorley to Gower. No skill there or the Wing break to send Lockyer over for the winning try?

Tell me Mango, which game in the RWC has generated a tenth of the passion that yesterday's league test did? You and I both know the answer to that one. If league is so below par, why do the Wallabies, English, New Zealand and Welsh have league stars in their side? You know, Robinson, Tuqiri, Harris, Thorn, Rogers and Sailor?

You seriously have your hand on it and if you want to make stupid comments about league v union, keep it to the league v union forum and not in here.

Like I said, this is a league forum first and foremost. Don't like it, leave.

JoeD

First Grade
Great game. From an unbiased (Kiwi) perspective I thought that from about the 20 second mark in the game (right after he sent off Morley) the ref kept GB in the game by allowing them to lie all over the ruck. Aussie did this once or twice and got penalised for it. Nothing happened when GB did it all game. I thought sending Crocker off was also a terrible call. Sending them both off would have been fine but singling out Crocker was wrong especially considering the filth that aussie had to put up with all game.

The filth and the commentators (who are the most annoying one side bunch I have ever seen in any sport) is what made me end up cheering for Australia by the end of the game :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mango

Juniors
Ah legend old boy. I love it when you have a rant, it makes my day to see the numero uno bite. Still if you were top of the tree on a real Rugby site it would count even more.
Cheers. Sonny boyo.

legend said:
Did you see the pass from Kimmorley to Gower. No skill there or the Wing break to send Lockyer over for the winning try?

What about Sculthorpe's beautiful dummy and break. I'd like to see Johnny Wilkinson have the guts to even run to the line, much less produce that kind of skill.

iggy plop

First Grade
Dover said:
iggy plop said:
Mango said:

Kearns would not start if Ryles and/or Luke Bailey were there - he would be on the bench though.

So really, you've outined 5 players from a starting 13 that would be in the team and suggest that it's not second or third string???

I'll bet ya Mason would've been selected as well. So with 6 top players, it's hardly our 3rd string side.

Moffo

Referee
Mango said:
Ah legend old boy. I love it when you have a rant, it makes my day to see the numero uno bite. Still if you were top of the tree on a real Rugby site it would count even more.
Cheers. Sonny boyo.

www.getalife.com

"League attempt at an international match"??? Sorry son, but we have been doing that for 95 years

Cheers,
Moffo

Dover

Juniors
iggy plop said:
Dover said:
iggy plop said:
Mango said:

I'll bet ya Mason would've been selected as well. So with 6 top players, it's hardly our 3rd string side.

You throw in a healthy Tallis, Ryles and Bailey and Mason wouldn't even get a look in - based on form i think you'll find he only just scraped in as it was

ali

Bench
I would have selected Leon Pryce, Chev Walker and Ryan Bailey in a full strength GB side. I think all 3 will play many Tests in the next 7 or 8 years. (assuming Pryce isn't locked up for 7 or 8 years).

Latest posts