What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia Vs New Zealand, Twickenham Stoop

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Australia had a terrible gameplan, you aren't going to beat the Kiwis in the forwards. They should spread it wide to Inglis and Hodges more. Thurston and Lockyer were terrible, out played thoroughly by Fien and Marshall who got quality ball to their outisde backs.

Play The Ball

Juniors
Well, all the talk has been how the Aussies are out to seek revenge after last year,they were the the strong favourites,

All the Ball the Aussies had, Kiwis down to 2 players on the bench in the second half, after all that tackling they had to do,

I'm claiming this game as a moral victory to NZ, they will go into a final against the Aussies believing they can beat them, and they can, this kiwi side is not intimidated by Australia.

Good stuff, looking forward to the final. It should be these two sides.

innsaneink

Referee
LOL at calling any bloke capable of playing in a match of that intensity a coward.
LOL @ any bloke callin himself Timmy...you the same fkwit following me round on WTs forum?

I'm claiming this game as a moral victory to NZ, they will go into a final against the Aussies believing they can beat them, and they can, this kiwi side is not intimidated by Australia.I'm claiming this game as a moral victory to NZ, they will go into a final against the Aussies believing they can beat them, and they can, this kiwi side is not intimidated by Australia.

Easily....Aussies lucky to salvage a draw

TimmyB

Juniors
LOL @ any bloke callin himself Timmy...you the same fkwit following me round on WTs forum?

Not following you around, just pointing out what a merkin you are every time you post. Call it returning the favour for you unceasing crusade against a number of people.

andrew057

First Grade
Civ showed why he is still the best prop in the game, outstanding for someone who hasnt played in months.

footy1

Juniors
That was a sensational game, one of the best I've ever seen. The Kiwis were just ferocious and dominated the forward battle. Australia's game plan was all wrong. Trying to outmuscle the Kiwi pack was a wrong move and they should have got the likes of Hayne, Inglis and Morris involved more. Just one thing about the Kiwis, IMO Lance Hohaia is terrible. Yes he scored the last try to put NZ in front but if you watched the match properly, he was a waste of a player. He looks scared to take any runs and doesn't back up anybody as a fullback. I think the Kiwis should put Perrett back to fullback and Krisnan Inu comes onto the wing.

This would be my Kiwi side for the next game:

1. Sam Perrett
2. Krisnan Inu
3. Steve Matai
4. Junior Sau
5. Bryson Goodwin
6. Benji Marshall (c)
7. Nathan Fien
8. Frank Paul-Nuusuala
9. Isaac Luke
10. Fuifui Moimoi
11. Bronson Harrison
12. Frank Pritchard
13. Adam Blair

14. Thomas Leuluai
15. Jeff Lima
16. Iosia Soliola
17. Jared Wearea-Hargreaves

Just couldn't fit Greg Eastwood in. Pretty much the same side though with a few minor changes.

mrblue

Juniors
Bulldog fans are idiots - proof in this thread.

It should be obvious why Jarryd Hayne didn't get involved much. Did you count the number of times Cameron smith even looked to his right? The times the ball did go that way, either a forward would take it up for a hitup or they switch back to the left with an inside pass. The attack was totally one dimensional and was completely focused on the left flank. Cameron Smith made sure his team mates Inglis and Slater looked good too.

In his two touches in the first half Hayne broke 3 tackles. Of course bulldogs supporters don't see this. They also missed the fact that NZ had a two man overlap when they scored down Hayne's wing meaning he HAD to rush in to snuff out play.

Last edited:

NRLMad

Juniors
That was a sensational game, one of the best I've ever seen. The Kiwis were just ferocious and dominated the forward battle. Australia's game plan was all wrong. Trying to outmuscle the Kiwi pack was a wrong move and they should have got the likes of Hayne, Inglis and Morris involved more. Just one thing about the Kiwis, IMO Lance Hohaia is terrible. Yes he scored the last try to put NZ in front but if you watched the match properly, he was a waste of a player. He looks scared to take any runs and doesn't back up anybody as a fullback. I think the Kiwis should put Perrett back to fullback and Krisnan Inu comes onto the wing.

This would be my Kiwi side for the next game:

1. Sam Perrett
2. Krisnan Inu
3. Steve Matai
4. Junior Sau
5. Bryson Goodwin
6. Benji Marshall (c)
7. Nathan Fien
8. Frank Paul-Nuusuala
9. Isaac Luke
10. Fuifui Moimoi
11. Bronson Harrison
12. Frank Pritchard
13. Adam Blair

14. Thomas Leuluai
15. Jeff Lima
16. Iosia Soliola
17. Jared Wearea-Hargreaves

Just couldn't fit Greg Eastwood in. Pretty much the same side though with a few minor changes.

I can't understand why Thomas Leuluia is still in the side.. Luke should play the full 80. Hohaia to the bench.. Perrett to fullback as he's done it many times before. Eastwood to take Leuluia's spot on the bench..

innsaneink

Referee
I thought Blair wouldve been a deserved MOM...Inglis best for the Aussies, but Hohoiai was pretty good.

Latest posts