What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia Vs New Zealand, Twickenham Stoop

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
:lol: Hayne didn't get any ball because he has a hack in HODGES inside him, who wouldn't pass the ball wide if his life depended on it.

Yeah cause Hodges got plenty of ball from the halves didn't he? You're not doing well in defending the Bulldogs fans.

gsweeper

Juniors
The outcome is great for international League, even in yesterdays game, France showed that they were competitive and showed in years to come they can develop into an even stronger team. A draw is a lot better than an Australian win as it gives meaning to International League again and shows that they are indeed beatable and makes International League somewhat interesting again

You're guys couldn't beat us (deserved to though).. but you expect England to win easily?

We took a lot out of you. We creamed your forward pack. England have some tough forwards too. Australia have the 3rd best pack in the 4 nations. And you were extremely lucky, so I wouldn't be mentioning us not beating you.

Chook Norris

First Grade
my thoughts on the match: a tough tough match, but not one i'd like to see every day of the week; still, an excellent international

NZ were strong in defence and slick with the ball in hand.. some nice constructed plays [can't say the same with Aus]

ill discipline and dropped balls let them down, really should have won the match. A good whole team effort.

Aus: I think Sheens comment pre-match says a lot: "We focused mostly on defence, and didn't do much ball work.. these guys are still rusty in that they haven't played for a while" (or something along those lines).. I found the OZ attacking line standing way too flat; Thurston and Lockyer were crap, and so were the Oz forwards apart from the 2nd half.

Australia should improve next game against Eng and probably demolish them.

coach

This game showed that Australia needed a warm up game. Why didn't we have one?

Congrats to the Kiwis who played well. But when we meet again in the final I think we will finish on top.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Adam Blair was head and shoulders above everyone else on the field, including Hohaia. My hat goes off to him.

My hat goes back on, though, when we talk about Mr Ganson. 75% of the penalties that he gave were completely random. I am devastated for our friends in Europe that they have to put up with this buffoon every week.

Chook Norris

First Grade
LOL, did anyone see those numbers falling off the jerseys.. i almost had a heart attack when Gallen was playing five eighth..

Adam Blair was head and shoulders above everyone else on the field, including Hohaia. My hat goes off to him.

My hat goes back on, though, when we talk about Mr Ganson. 75% of the penalties that he gave were completely random. I am devastated for our friends in Europe that they have to put up with this buffoon every week.

Who was Blair targetting when he ran in for a fight...he went straight over the top of them !!.:lol:

mrblue

Juniors
Are you there jarryd hayne?

I'm pretty sure he made the flight

Jarryd Hayne Sighting!!!

F**k you Hayne.

Hayne Sighting No.3!!!

:lol: Hayne didn't get any ball because he has a hack in HODGES inside him, who wouldn't pass the ball wide if his life depended on it.

Even so, with Lockyer working the right, not much is going to happen. Locky's lost his touch IMO.

Why you're singling out 'Dogs fans is beyond me.

Why do you make me go through the effort of multi-quoting. It only further shows bulldogs supports are idiots.

I was very disappointed the Kiwis did not stick to the plan. They were meant to lose this one by 20+ points and then turn it around and smash the aussies in the final.

The young and inexperienced Kiwi side really stood up today and sent a clear message to the other teams - WE ARE THE WORLD CHAMPIONS.

JasonE

Bench
Really enjoyed what was a tough physical game.
The Kiwis scoring 4 tries to 3 probably deserved to win and i was impressed by Sau, Jared W-H and Frank Paul.
Benji disappointed though but i'm sure he will improve over the next few weeks. I thought the Aussies battled hard with all the forwards doing their job but none outstanding.
I'm not sure Shifty Sheens will make changes unless of injury.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Really enjoyed what was a tough physical game.
The Kiwis scoring 4 tries to 3 probably deserved to win and i was impressed by Sau, Jared W-H and Frank Paul.
Benji disappointed though but i'm sure he will improve over the next few weeks. I thought the Aussies battled hard with all the forwards doing their job but none outstanding.
I'm not sure Shifty Sheens will make changes unless of injury.

IMO Marshall was good without being brilliant, he did enough and got some good early ball away to his outside backs.. that was enough in itself; he shouldn't have to break the line and do it all himself anyway

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
eyes painted on said:
Hopefully he dont hide the rest of the second half, like he has after the Luke incident. Pussy
Gee there are some farkheads on this forum who clearly have thier eyes painted on.
You can call him a grub, but a pussy he ain't, first off he won the fight, second of all he took the second hit up after the penalty. Civ took the first. Idiot.
You have to laugh though they have Matai.
Gallen will be one of the first picked for the next game. His tackles on Moi Moi Mr Sheens would have noticed (unlike painted on eyes morons) and his stats will stack up against anyone in the team. Many metres, many tackles a couple of offloads, impact from the bench he gave.

That said, NZ unlucky there, 4 tries to 3. Blair gets more impressive every year, Perrett is very good and a very nice debut by Sau.
But Australia, it is not under 12's you can't just throw the ball to Greg and expect to win, even though that nearly got them there.
The Poms and French have no chance.

Butters

Bench
Was an alright game over all, much better than the game between England and France. sh*thouse ref though.

Hannant was useless as expected, pretty much everyone of his runs made no metres at all. As soon as a kiwi even touched him he collapsed to the ground as quick as he could. Marshmallow of a prop.

Gidley was wasted off the bench (no surprises there), Cronk or Lewis would've been much better choices. Why would you have a fullback on the bench and then put him on as a lock? Genius call there.