What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia Vs New Zealand, Twickenham Stoop

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Haha rougheyedspud or whatever your name is you f**kwit. You f**king loser, Australia is going to put 40 on you next weekend.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Bulldog fans are idiots - proof in this thread.

It should be obvious why Jarryd Hayne didn't get involved much. Did you count the number of times Cameron smith even looked to his right? The times the ball did go that way, either a forward would take it up for a hitup or they switch back to the left with an inside pass. The attack was totally one dimensional and was completely focused on the left flank. Cameron Smith made sure his team mates Inglis and Slater looked good too.

In his two touches in the first half Hayne broke 3 tackles. Of course bulldogs supporters don't see this. They also missed the fact that NZ had a two man overlap when they scored down Hayne's wing meaning he HAD to rush in to snuff out play.

:lol: Hayne didn't get any ball because he has a hack in HODGES inside him, who wouldn't pass the ball wide if his life depended on it.

Even so, with Lockyer working the right, not much is going to happen. Locky's lost his touch IMO.

Why you're singling out 'Dogs fans is beyond me.

Packy

Bench
Tigers fans have been saying it for years..and now with a vested interest I can see why.

Sheens.. wtf mate?

I wouldn't blame it on Sheens.

As was said all week - Australia have a backline that can score a billion points but they need a platform laid for them.

Quite simply, Australia doesn't have a pack that can do that. Not against the Kiwis anyway. It's not just those selected to tour, either. I don't think Australia could pick a pack that would combat the Kiwis, no matter who they chose.

Blaze

Juniors
Exciting finish to the game, but the referees were an absolute joke giving penalties basically at random. The game could have been a lot better if the referees let the game flow instead of randomly penalising each team for absolute bullsh*t decisions.

stop worrying about the ref and just enjoy the game. A very good international match.

beave

Coach
rubbish game.

The UK superleague must be $hithouse if the commentators think that was a great game.

Australia has arguably the best attacking backline , yet they failed to use it instead using Hoffman and Waterhouse as your attacking weapons.

Poor poor tactics.

NZ defence was just awesome.

user_nat

Coach
Good game, I guess.

I would keep the backline the way it is, it's the first time some of these guys have played together. Really they didn't get enough ball either.

Ridders

Coach
rubbish game.

The UK superleague must be $hithouse if the commentators think that was a great game.

You being serious?

While I would admit the first half was a bit ordinary, I thought the 2nd half was brilliant stuff.

Last edited:

beave

Coach
You're an absolute dickhead. That was an awesome game.

righto f#ckhead, explain to me how that was an awesome game???

other than the tight result, what can you possibly enjoy from 20 odd penalties,ill discipline galore, a sh*t load of mistakes by both the refs and the players, poor ball control, and an australian team that has a pack of b!tches for forwards.

Inglis's pass to Smith was a mile forward, we should have lost.

Get a clue ya f@#king genius.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Why you're singling out 'Dogs fans is beyond me.

I think mrblue is getting Brett Morris and Josh Morris mixed up.

Pretty scrappy game over all. The Kiwis monstered the Aust pack as predicted and their outside backs held their own. Draw was probably an unfair result given the Kiwis dominance for most of the game but they paid for some lapses in concentration.

The refereeing was awful though, some calls were really not justified.

Big Pete

Referee
Good game, Kiwi's should feel hard done by - it was their game to win but they performed well above expectations and their intensity was endearing. I was surprised Lance Hohaia picked up the Man of the Match award, I would've gone with Adam Blair. He epitomised New Zealand's performance with his brutal style of defence and was always imposing in attack.

As for Australia, I felt we were weak in the forwards and our backline movements lacked creativity. It was a decent showing but obviously there were lapses and both sides were effected by the questionable officiating. Thurston, Smith and Inglis were Australia's best.

We were easily the better side. We scored 4 tries to 3, and f*cked that average pack up good and proper. Smith's pass to Inglis for the first try was forward, and the Roos are lucky the one-on-one stripping rule was changed.

Great game, England to win comfortably next week.

innsaneink

Referee
righto f#ckhead, explain to me how that was an awesome game???

other than the tight result, what can you possibly enjoy from 20 odd penalties,ill discipline galore, a sh*t load of mistakes by both the refs and the players, poor ball control, and an australian team that has a pack of b!tches for forwards.

Get a clue ya f@#king genius.

Leuluai knocked on before Inglis did which lead to Kiwis last try...all evens out.
The ref contributed to a scrappy game, wasnt the best match, nor the worst

user_nat

Coach
We were easily the better side. We scored 4 tries to 3, and f*cked that average pack up good and proper. Smith's pass to Inglis for the first try was forward, and the Roos are lucky the one-on-one stripping rule was changed.

Great game, England to win comfortably next week.

You're guys couldn't beat us (deserved to though).. but you expect England to win easily?

You mean Smith's pass to Inglis?

What was enjoyable? The fact that the Kiwis beat the absolute crap out of us, thus absolutely destroying any game plan we had. As a result, Australia was left to scramble for points in order to clutch a draw (which is great because it is something that hasn't happened but needs to happen).

It was a game that Australia looked like running away with early in the second half but which the Kiwis kept themselves in through sheer willpower and brutality. Something that international rugby league needs - an attitude that does not give in when Australia take the lead.

A game that included amazing defense. Line breaks were there for Australia in the first half yet New Zealand just kept coming at us, pulling us down just short of the line.

It was a great game that kept you on the edge of your seat for 80 minutes.

Sure, it didn't have Australia clicking and playing breathtaking football but that's actually one of the things that made it such a great game. Because Australia weren't allowed to click and play breathtaking football.

If that is the standard of international footy to come then we have one hell of a ride to the next World Cup.

Latest posts