What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Idol Winner 2006.

shark_girl

Juniors
JUSTICE IS RESTORED IN THE WORLD!!!!

LISA IS GORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNE!!

Best night of Idol allllll year! :D

lockyno1

Post Whore
Why? Every single week the guy/girl voted out was spot on. Even last week, Bobby who although was brilliant the weeks before was poor last week. Lisa is NOT A POP SINGER! She will go into a similar type of genre but not exactly the same as Missy Higgins.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Thats true furrycat. Apparently she already had a minor deal with a company after her first two auditions. That is why she has the more "original" songs as she has been working on them for a while.

Parra Guru

Coach
tbh I wouldn't buy her album on principle. She really looks forced into it. Her attitude really is a big turn off her music.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Parra Guru said:
tbh I wouldn't buy her album on principle. She really looks forced into it. Her attitude really is a big turn off her music.

Can I ask you a honest question. Have you heard her originals? If not, can I just say she is not a outright POP singer which is what Idol aims at. She is more a country/pop singer, similar but not the same sort of music as Missy Higgins. Frankly I am happy she left last night, she got some exposure and now she can sell albums in her genre.

NC

Juniors
I'm glad Lisa's gone, I really couldn't stand her at all.

As for her originals, I've heard a few and they all sound the same.

mullet

Juniors
um that veronicas song she sang imo would rate as one of the funnies they show of the terrible singers they come across in the auditions.

That was truly awful and the worst performance i have ever seen in ALL 4 series

lockyno1

Post Whore
Every single singer last Sunday was crap bar Damien. Lisa was average I agree, but it is those really silly themed nights again. I hate them and I always will. We have had 3 singers this year eveicted as they screwed up a theme night. Now I don't like Reigan or Bobby but it was a stupid theme night that killed them. As for Lisa's originals, they are different but country/pop does not appeal to everyone. Lisa will appeal to that taraget audience. I for one will be buying her album.

mullet

Juniors
no i dont think it was the themed night that buggered up lisa. She hasnt been anygood for a while now. She stinks of a bad attitude and arrogance. Might be her immaturity but she never seemed to put much effort in, her song choice has been woeful.

Choosing a f**kin Veronicas song is enough for her to go.

NC

Juniors
Lisa has had two good performances in this whole competition - during the top 24 and when she sang that Vanessa Carlton song. Apart from that, she's been krap. And I hate how everyone keeps coming up with excuses for her just because she's 16!

lockyno1

Post Whore
I have said all along, you WILL NOT see the best of her until probally 12 or mayber even 18mths. Of all the contestants, she has been singing for the least amount of time. It will take time. It was extremely hard to choose songs for her as she has a unique voice that is not that loud, so big band night and rock night were her worst ones. It is the way it goes. You just watch out of all the Idols Lisa, Bobby and Jessica have the most potential to be stars overseas. In the end it is about selling albums.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Hope she does actually although I'll be voting for Damien as his voice is better suited to winning it.

Disco

Bench
In order of my preference

1.Bobby
2.Lisa
3.Damian
4.Reigan
5.Joseph

this series has really gone downhill for me.............Go Damian

Crusher

Coach
My money is on the big bloke.