What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian pre game hukka And opening ceremony

Pedge1971

First Grade
As I said it lacked a finish

Watch the old Kangaroo hakka it was a cringe

But I would have finished it off differently

Rather than players locking arms when in V Formation

A simple jump in the air old style, then go down on one knee pointing to the opposition with one arm - with the body language

We are the Kangaroos - we are coming to get you

How about do that shit internally and just come out abd flog the opposition?

That shit had no meaning whatsoever.

Pedge1971

First Grade
... pretend it never happened? Who pretends that? Name names? Seems to me nowadays the fact that it happened is relentlessly shoved in the face of the average ocker by the regressive left, so I really don't know what you are talking about. But it is interesting to note how many ocker whiteys, who would no doubt otherwise count themselves as progressives, so readily mocked it. I wonder why? Is it that they view the ozzie league team as a symbol of white suppression, and therefore any black players as race traitors?

What a dumbarse comment. I think most feel it should have been more focused on our indigenous forefathers and less on whatever the f**k that shit was trying to be.

Putting Camerin Smith in front of that was wrong but f**king funny for those of us who love the smug prick.

It was terrible. I was hoping for something more like a developed version of what the indigenous team did. This was sad..

Basil

Juniors
What a dumbarse comment. I think most feel it should have been more focused on our indigenous forefathers and less on whatever the f**k that shit was trying to be.

Putting Camerin Smith in front of that was wrong but f**king funny for those of us who love the smug prick.

It was terrible. I was hoping for something more like a developed version of what the indigenous team did. This was sad..

why? because he's a whitey? An expert on Indigenous culture are you? You are of course entitled to your opinion that it was terrible, but perhaps you should take it up with JT instead?

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
... pretend it never happened? Who pretends that? Name names? Seems to me nowadays the fact that it happened is relentlessly shoved in the face of the average ocker by the regressive left, so I really don't know what you are talking about. But it is interesting to note how many ocker whiteys, who would no doubt otherwise count themselves as progressives, so readily mocked it. I wonder why? Is it that they view the ozzie league team as a symbol of white suppression, and therefore any black players as race traitors?

You just proved my point....

The fact that you think acknowledging that part of our history is a "lefty" agenda clearly shows that it is a contraversial issue. It takes 2 sides to have a fight; if the lefties are shoving down our throats, its only because the Rightards are still in denial.

It is only once acceptance and acknowledgement for British conquest and the Frontier wars is part of the furniture that Australia will stop having such an awkward relationshit with its pre-colonial culture...

Basil

Juniors
You just proved my point....

The fact that you think acknowledging that part of our history is a "lefty" agenda clearly shows that it is a contraversial issue. It takes 2 sides to have a fight; if the lefties are shoving down our throats, its only because the Rightards are still in denial.

It is only once acceptance and acknowledgement for British conquest and the Frontier wars is part of the furniture that Australia will stop having such an awkward relationshit with its pre-colonial culture...

(your history as I'm not an ozzie) but the fact is rightards do acknowledge history, they just don't relentlessly virtue signal and self flagellate over it, instead they at least try to do substantive things to improve the lot of the Indigenous people, while leftards in contrast concern themselves with only symbolic actions, as there is too much dosh to be made on the grievance gravy train. But I suspect you have been well and truly indoctrinated, lol

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
(your history as I'm not an ozzie) but the fact is rightards do acknowledge history, they just don't relentlessly virtue signal and self flagellate over it, instead they at least try to do substantive things to improve the lot of the Indigenous people, while leftards in contrast concern themselves with only symbolic actions, as there is too much dosh to be made on the grievance gravy train. But I suspect you have been well and truly indoctrinated, lol

RWNJs do virtue signal, they just prefer the narative of Australia as an out-post of the old British Empire. Lefties are more interested in an Australian-centric national history.

The Right-Left debate is mostly just "should we be embarrased by our history of genocide and cultural destruction". RWNJs just dont like hearing that British history is anything other than glorious and justified.

As for you "improving lives in tangable ways", how does cutting funding to services and limiting autonomy with the welfare cards HELP people?

Again, this just proves my point: it is a contentious issue, because half the country is in denial about our past. THATS why its awkward...

big hit!

Bench
haka or hukka? wasn't it a welcome to country? basically the complete opposite of what the kiwis and other polynesians do which is prep for war, innit?

parrawentyfan

Juniors
Was waiting for this at the Australia v France match but they didn't do it. Dropped after one game or was it only meant to be a once off?

RedVee

First Grade
Was waiting for this at the Australia v France match but they didn't do it. Dropped after one game or was it only meant to be a once off?
In my mind after watching it last week:
Welcome to Country sounded like it was designed as a one off for the first game of a home series.
So it makes sense to me that it wasn’t done.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It made sense on a lot of levels that it should never be done again! Moral of the story, if JT is injured fir a long period give him something to occupy his time so he doesn't come up with crazy batsht ideas like this!

kdalymc

Bench
Haha.
Yeah it’s a welcome to country (poorly done, and wrongly worded)
And done as a opening for the WC only.

Latest posts