What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Rugby League vs NFL

ShineDog

Juniors
After watching both games....I now realise that the Australian Rugby League players, play a much tougher sport..and appear to have superior courage.

A. They wear no protection.
B. Don't need to stop for continuous breaks
C. Play offence and defence
D. No ifs and buts...Australian Rugby League players have it all!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

NFL BRING IT ON....!

roopy

Referee
Many of the NFL sides represent a population as big as Australia - and the entire NRL represents about half the population of Australia.
If it were population v population i think we would have it - but it is 10 mill v 320 mill.

spinnerhowland

Juniors
One thing against us is the NFL players usually get to retire much better looking than us League players. Bent noses and facial scars are COOL

slow frontrower

Juniors
Its hard to compare the two;

Playing in the NFL requires much more specialty than league. For example a guy may be able to play lock, hooker, and 5/8. Where in the NFL for a guy to play more than one position its almost unthinkable. (Maybe saftey and corner back.)

The only NFL positions that would cross over would be running backs, linebackers, tight ends, WR's, DB's. This would only work in certain circumstances.

Many of these NFL players would be absolute physical specims but not be able to go for 80 minutes. Cause that is not the nature of the NFL.

League Players are much fitter; NFL Players are much stronger. NFL players might have more raw athleticsm while league players are better all around athletes. (If that makes sence)

Just some thoughts and my opinion, the only fact out of this is that I'll never play in the NFL or the NRL.

Mater

Juniors
slow frontrower said:
Its hard to compare the two;

Playing in the NFL requires much more specialty than league. For example a guy may be able to play lock, hooker, and 5/8. Where in the NFL for a guy to play more than one position its almost unthinkable. (Maybe saftey and corner back.)

The only NFL positions that would cross over would be running backs, linebackers, tight ends, WR's, DB's. This would only work in certain circumstances.

Many of these NFL players would be absolute physical specims but not be able to go for 80 minutes. Cause that is not the nature of the NFL.

League Players are much fitter; NFL Players are much stronger. NFL players might have more raw athleticsm while league players are better all around athletes. (If that makes sence)

Just some thoughts and my opinion, the only fact out of this is that I'll never play in the NFL or the NRL.

Maybe not the NFL or NRL but you look like you would give Kobayashi a run for his money In the Nathan's Hot Dog eating contest.

Eastender

Juniors
spinnerhowland said:
One thing against us is the NFL players usually get to retire much better looking than us League players. Bent noses and facial scars are COOL

NFL players might retire prettier but I doubt they live longer!!!! Average life expectancy for an NFL player is around 55!!!

Corbin

Juniors
i just finished my gridiron season last night, and Ive played union, league and gridiron now.

and I'd say quite easily, that gridiron is a way more physical game.

no doubt about it.

although. like said, League is a lot fitter and are better athletes all round.

hard to say which is 'better' because they are actually very different

Corbin

Kurt Angle

First Grade
slow frontrower said:

Ever petted a Kangaroo in a zoo though ?

That might be enough to have you qualified to play for Australia in Rugby Union..

NK Arsenal

Juniors
ShineDog said:
After watching both games....I now realise that the Australian Rugby League players, play a much tougher sport..and appear to have superior courage.

A. They wear no protection.
B. Don't need to stop for continuous breaks
C. Play offence and defence
D. No ifs and buts...Australian Rugby League players have it all!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

NFL BRING IT ON....!

I agree 100%.

SteveM

Juniors
The NFL wins hands down. The NRL has athletic players and the NFL has athletes.

It's a simple numbers game. More players to choose from equals better teams.

Copa

Bench
I played highschool varsity football in the US for 1 year.... people deliver hits in full knowledge that they are padded up to the extreme... if they put on those hits without all the padding they'd get badly injured.

Play some footy

Juniors
NRL players are fiiter, but hand down, NFL players are the best athletes in the world. There is double the amount of teams and probably quadruple the amount of players in the NFL - they're fater, stronger, and spend much more time studying the game/plays/video.

Oh yeah - they make much more money too.

deluded pom?

Coach
Sam_the_man said:
who says it's pointless? Or have you apointed yourself policemen of whats a pointless thread and whats not?

New thread Sam. My dad's bigger than your dad. Na nana na na .